• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5: SE Special Edition is finally here!!! AND I'M FINALLY FEELIN' MOTIVATED!

Goldsickle

DMC3:SE altered the way Dullahans work, while DMC4:SE made it so that hitting a Gladius while they're in sword form allows you to knock them into an enemy, without needing Nero's Buster.

Makes me wonder if there are some enemy trait change for DMC5:SE.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Like if I wasn't already sold on vergil theme song

But really this song is fxxxing amazig guys

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't feel like enough has been added to justify me repurchasing the game, unless they make it so you can play as other characters in any mission. I mean yeah, Vergil is cool, and I like having more characters to play as, but I hate having them restricted to certain sections of the game. It works in Resident Evil because the sections where you play as, say, Ada or Carlos are short and have something new in them that makes it fun. But in DMC, entire missions and areas are locked to specific characters and that's less game that I can play as my preference.

Vergil95

I don't feel like enough has been added to justify me repurchasing the game, unless they make it so you can play as other characters in any mission. I mean yeah, Vergil is cool, and I like having more characters to play as, but I hate having them restricted to certain sections of the game. It works in Resident Evil because the sections where you play as, say, Ada or Carlos are short and have something new in them that makes it fun. But in DMC, entire missions and areas are locked to specific characters and that's less game that I can play as my preference.
I guess vergil is playable for the whole campaign

Also when you switch character in dmc 5 there's always something new and different for each character and every character is different

Carlos and ada are in the end the same as playing leon or claire and jill, only that Carlos can do a punch instead of a rolling and ada have a scanning gun, no difference at all

So capcom just announced that the physical edition of dmc 5 special edition will launch December 1st on Xbox series x and ps5...
So it wasn't because of covid it seams

http://instagr.am/p/CGSb428H0Sb/

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!

What are your thoughts on this weapon to be used if ever a reality?

121181851_1050812142036420_4275853229457935946_o.jpg

121262423_1050812248703076_2718070302738033699_o.jpg

121179082_1050812338703067_999288063232240244_o.jpg

Vergil95

Had that been the case there'd be no physical game releases in the last 6 months nor physical launch titles.

Edit: Didn't I make a bet with someone that the game would release before the end of the year?
Yep, I'm glad it will released some week later, so i can buy the physical edition

@Ronin i thought that was legit, it would actually be amazing to have that

Vergil95

@Vergil95 It was you? I thought it was with Carlos.
No it was Carlos, i was whit you on that, saying it wasn't due to covid but just because of capcom choice like they did whit dmc 4 special edition, and i was also the first saying it wasn't due to covid-19

Also i find out that ray tracing is only available at launch on ps5 and later on will be released on Xbox series x, could they have some agreement whit Sony, or they just can't make it right on the series x for launch.... Maybe they have some similar agreement for the digital edition that's why is was released first

I was also trying to pre order the special edition from the official site but it's seems in not yet available for pre order despite the site having the pre order page lol

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Does no one else think it's going to be the single most out character thing in the world to have Vergil Dance? He's going to have his own secret taunt, isn't he? That means a dance number. That just isn't Vergil.

Again, Japan gets all the good stuff.

No it was Carlos, i was whit you on that, saying it wasn't due to covid but just because of capcom choice like they did whit dmc 4 special edition, and i was also the first saying it wasn't due to covid-19
Well, it doesn't really matter. It's a pretty big whatever. We now know when it's out and how long we have to wait for it. I don't know if I'll be getting the PS5 yet. That's a lot of money and I don't know that I want what will basically become a very powerful PS4.

Vergil95

Does no one else think it's going to be the single most out character thing in the world to have Vergil Dance? He's going to have his own secret taunt, isn't he? That means a dance number. That just isn't Vergil.

Again, Japan gets all the good stuff.

Well, it doesn't really matter. It's a pretty big whatever. We now know when it's out and how long we have to wait for it. I don't know if I'll be getting the PS5 yet. That's a lot of money and I don't know that I want what will basically become a very powerful PS4.
I guess we will see the true power of ps5 in later years, but Ray tracing is also a big step ahead compared to what the ps4 could do now

That sss pack is amazing, i hope they release something similar in the rest lf the world too

Edit: so famitsu interviewed Matt walker and he says that not everything about vergil has been shown, talking about weapons, here is the summary of the interview

Last edited:

Vergil95

They released the special edition soundtrack list, whit 30 minutes of new song made by 8 song

Also there are two big surprises delivered by the songs name
Here is the song list, there are spoiler there, remember, read it at you're own risk

so the soundtrack list reveals that there will be a new boss battle, called belowulf, maybe a king beowulf like the king cerberus for dante
Also the song devil never cry makes a return from dmc 3 covered by Casey Edward along whit another song from dmc 3 special edition called battle 1, I'm really excited about this

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Does no one else think it's going to be the single most out character thing in the world to have Vergil Dance?
Considering V does tap dancing, I don't find it that out of character. Sure, his dance might be subdued compared to V's, but considering that Vergil's merge with his personalities, more of his human side shows. I find it hilarious.

Top Bottom