• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5: SE Special Edition is finally here!!! AND I'M FINALLY FEELIN' MOTIVATED!

Goldsickle

The current mod on PC has no sword embed mechanic. It basically functions like DMC3.
With Nero's ground Snatch working the same way as a ground Demon Pull like in DmC, I am not surprised if they carried over the need to embed swords for Vergil.

Since you actually have a couple of Vergil boss battles in DMCV, does that mean we'll be seeing the return of... Vante?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I hope we get to fight dante from vergils side

And nero from it too

But that's wishful thinking

Kinda wish vergil had a super move where he got to use urizens powers from mission 17 for 30 seconds, in super low health mode like a desperate devil trigger mechanic

Last edited:

Goldsickle

I hope we get to fight dante from vergils side
They can totally reuse the A.I. from DMC4.
But they'd have to make changes to accommodate the weapons he uses in DMC5.
Unlike the Dante boss battle in DMC4, he will also have the Kalina Ann for some rocket spam.

If they went with the need to embed a sword with Vergil, won't Vergil be screwed trying to Air Trick while Dante is performing Royal Revenge?

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
They can totally reuse the A.I. from DMC4.
But they'd have to make changes to accommodate the weapons he uses in DMC5.
Unlike the Dante boss battle in DMC4, he will also have the Kalina Ann for some rocket spam.

If they went with the need to embed a sword with Vergil, won't Vergil be screwed trying to Air Trick while Dante is performing Royal Revenge?
They can't, they are two completely different game on two completely different engine, they had to remade every move from the start... The most easy way is to use dante move from DMC5 and made an ia for him

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ok so they said in the TGS stream, after playing the trailer, that there's "some things under wraps but they've shown most of the good stuff". So for anyone who hoped they had some amazing secret for the SE, that doesn't seem to be the case. They're trying to keep Vergil's moveset largely a secret, so it's pretty safe to say that those "things under wraps" are his moves (and maybe some costumes... maybe). So no Lady's Night, no full fledged coop, no Vergil campaign practically confirmed.

They did show about 10 seconds of Vergil gameplay with what seemed a brand new Yamato move as a teaser, so as a good news, there's at least hope that they expanded his moveset.

Rest of the presentation was just showing off Ray Tracing, Turbo mode and LDK.

Last edited:

Vergil95

This presentation was a total waste, even the resident evil 8 part was ****, they didn't show anything new beside that 10 second vergil gameplay

berto

I Saw the Devil
The PS5 comes out in 46 days. That's 6½ weeks. If the game comes out on the same day as then there is a very high likelihood that we'll get more info in the next two to four weeks. The TGS presentation was utterly underwhelming for sure but the thing is right around the corner. Just need a bit of patience.

So this is interesting.

There are new DLC listing on Steam for 5. 7 of them.
If one is Vergil, what are the others for? Is it all the additions the SE has?

Vergil95

So this is interesting.

There are new DLC listing on Steam for 5. 7 of them.
If one is Vergil, what are the others for? Is it all the additions the SE has?
I already posted it two days ago but nobody gived a **** XD

However i guess, one is vergil, the other are some new costum for vergil and the other characters, and maybe a lady and Trish dlc? But i don't think it's the case

Also if I'm correctly the PC version don't have turbo and legendary dark knight mode so they are out of the question

berto

I Saw the Devil
I already posted it two days ago but nobody gived a **** XD

However i guess, one is vergil, the other are some new costum for vergil and the other characters, and maybe a lady and Trish dlc? But i don't think it's the case

Also if I'm correctly the PC version don't have turbo and legendary dark knight mode so they are out of the question
It gets a little crazy. Not every post gets seen. I posted a link to the physical release of SE and a lot of people still thought there was not going to be one because they didn't see it.

Top Bottom