• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5: SE Special Edition is finally here!!! AND I'M FINALLY FEELIN' MOTIVATED!

berto

I Saw the Devil
I agree with Jack, in regards to Dante... sometimes. The thing is, he's such a hit of miss. Sometimes he looks fine, others good and others he can look downright decrepit. If he looks good depending on the angle it's not exactly a positive. The DmC cast is different. Lilith is supposed to look like some rich, lethery, old woman who probably has too much plastic surgery, she's supposed to look bad. Mundus doesn't look bad, he looks like what they wanted him to look. Same for Barbas. The capacity of the engine in 5 is outstanding, but the faces are such a mix bag, it's not as simple as looking good or bad only. Were it that easy we could just blame it on that.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y

Here is the theme on Spotify, the same i posted yesterday by the way

I listened it many times and i find it very beautiful, also i don't know if you noticed that an instrumental part of devil trigger, nero s theme, play from minutes 8:50 until 9:16, it's the part in devil trigger that say: "
Embrace the darkness that's within me
No hiding in the shadows anymore"
A nice touch that connect vergil to nero since he is his son

Also I remember that when the first trailer was shown in 2018 one of the developers say that a part in devil trigger lyric hide the truth behind the third playable character... Here it's the mystery finally solved

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, apparently, Dan Southworth's voice is used in the song. At 6:13 it seems that the song mixes the singer with Southworth's voice. Not sure if he recorded for it or if it's pre existing material.

By the way, the song is not playing on Spotify. The listing is there but when you push play nothing happens. Maybe technical issues. I'm sure it'll be up and running in to time.

Vergil95

Well, apparently, Dan Southworth's voice is used in the song. At 6:13 it seems that the song mixes the singer with Southworth's voice. Not sure if he recorded for it or if it's pre existing material.

By the way, the song is not playing on Spotify. The listing is there but when you push play nothing happens. Maybe technical issues. I'm sure it'll be up and running in to time.
I can play it, maybe is not out yet in your country, different time, so you cannot play it
Seems dan Southworth did recorded new voice line because he posted some se stuff on Instagram

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I agree with the point they made that it's probably not out on PC cause modders would reverse engineer it and make its content mods for the original version. I don't doubt Capcom knows about the modding scene for Devil May Cry. Remember how DmCDE ripped off some mods to make part of its content.

So basically, because they couldn't find a way to screw PC players's wallets, they decided a PC version wasn't worth the investment and tried to calm the uproar by just tossing the Vergil DLC in there.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
@Carlos
That is tremendously different. Those are huge, huge, games in the middle of development and others were a matter of location, extenuating circumstances or are no longer in delay. DMC5 is a complete title and if it wasn't it wouldn't be getting a nov. 12 release. It's not a viral issue for completion. There's also the fact that all of the launch titles for PS5 have physical releases so it's not a matter of publishing on disc, either. Delaye? Looks like it. A year, though? Let's bet on it. I think it'll be out, physically, before the end of the year. You say it'll be delayed maybe even two years. If it's not out before 2020 ends I lose, if so, I win. Winner gets to say 'told you so.'
Nah. You guys have your opinions. I'm just saying that I think the pandemic has something to do with DMC5SE being digital, its all about patterns. I laid out that pattern, but even when I did lay out that pattern, I get this response..
1: cyberpunk was delayed not because of corona virus but because they need more time to develop it lol they say it pretty clear in they're communication, i can confirm this for at least two time it was delayed, i don't know if it was delayed a third time to corona virus
2: true
3: it was delayed because of George floyd not because of pandemic, it's a update lol pandemic don't even touch it, it was ready to be released, but when the George floyd incident accoured they delayed it, and was delayed just for a week nothing more
4: true
5: true
6: don't have a clue

Dmc 5 se is not being delayed because of Corona virus but because they simply decided to sell it digitally first like dmc 4 se, Infact the game will be available physically in Japan just like dmc 4 se
If it was for corona virus they would have say it

Game like ff 7 remake, the last of us 2 and ghost of tsushima sold more than 5 milion copies in a week whitout any problem in the middle of the pandemic and more than half of this copies where physical...

The pandemic is obviously giving problem to everything in the world but things are trying to restart, and like I says before in my country there is no problem getting phisical copies of game, i got ghost of tsushima, the last of us 2, avengers ecc on day one no problem since they don't have shipping problem right now
That's what I said too. In bolded.

And even he missed the point. I wasn't talking about sales only. I was talking about getting games into your hands. I explained this. Nobody understood what I was saying...

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm just saying that I think the pandemic has something to do with DMC5SE being digital, its all about patterns.
That's very possible but the game is not digital only. I saw a tweet from Walker mentioning that the game will have a physical release soon after the digital one. Even if it's very possible for this to be related to the virus I think there is also the possibility that it's a matter of other, more prominent, PS5 titles getting priority publishing. DMC has never been the prioritized of games so, if there are bigger games that need attention, be it RE5 getting DMC4's budget or Miles Morales being a bigger title so it gets more copies published first.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I love how this guy never played the games but can guess what type of character Vergil is just by listening to the music. And how he totally freaks out over the sheer quality of it. Casey Edwards should become a staple for DMC.

Vergil95

Soooo, the PC version of dmc 5 added 7 unknown dlc
One is obviously vergil, but what about the other 6?
Probably one is some new costumes I guess for all the protagonist, but the rest it's still a mistery
The PC version will not have the legendary dark knight mode and turbo so this two seems unlikely
Maybe lady and Trish playable?

Vergil95

Well, the guy who made the tweet himself gave a possible answer right under the tweet.
Well he says that orb and alt color where separate dlc too, but we already have them, i don't see why they should add new orb as dlc, so it's unlikely, more likely new stuff

Goldsickle

While Doppelganger is confirmed, what about Vergil's Air Trick?
Does he still need to embed a sword in an enemy first before he can Air Trick to the enemy, like in DMC4:SE?

I haven't been closely following the playable Vergil mods, so I'm not sure how that worked.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
While Doppelganger is confirmed, what about Vergil's Air Trick?
Does he still need to embed a sword in an enemy first before he can Air Trick to the enemy, like in DMC4:SE?

I haven't been closely following the playable Vergil mods, so I'm not sure how that worked.

The current mod on PC has no sword embed mechanic. It basically functions like DMC3.

Vergil95

That's very possible but the game is not digital only. I saw a tweet from Walker mentioning that the game will have a physical release soon after the digital one. Even if it's very possible for this to be related to the virus I think there is also the possibility that it's a matter of other, more prominent, PS5 titles getting priority publishing. DMC has never been the prioritized of games so, if there are bigger games that need attention, be it RE5 getting DMC4's budget or Miles Morales being a bigger title so it gets more copies published first.

You can already pre order a physical copy of the game from some site, so the physical edition will definitely be released very very soon after the digital edition
But i guess will find out soon at Tokyo game show

berto

I Saw the Devil
You can already pre order a physical copy of the game from some site, so the physical edition will definitely be released very very soon after the digital edition
But i guess will find out soon at Tokyo game show
I posted a link for GameStop, too. That one was up the day after the announcement.

Top Bottom