• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5: SE Special Edition is finally here!!! AND I'M FINALLY FEELIN' MOTIVATED!

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I just hope TGS will come through for a DMC5: Special Edition!

we need Vergil!!!!!

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I just commented off hand, "They're probably gonna charge 40 dollars because it's next gen, so anyone that got the game at full price should get a ripoff or a discount, and I vote ripoff"

Lo and behold.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
WTF, Capcom? Making it digital only again? Do you hate us that much? Have you learned nothing from DMC4 Special Edition? If they pull that "it's complicated" bullshit, I am going to pimp and b#tch slap every single one who thought that it was a good idea.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
WTF, Capcom? Making it digital only again? Do you hate us that much? Have you learned nothing from DMC4 Special Edition? If they pull that "it's complicated" bullshit, I am going to pimp and b#tch slap every single one who thought that it was a good idea.
It will be digital when the PS5 launches, but a physical copy will be released at a latter date

Anyway, with the confirmation that Vergil will be DLC for the current gen. I'm in no hurry to buy this special edition. Probably will one day. But it won't be at launch

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
It will be digital when the PS5 launches, but a physical copy will be released at a latter date
And they could not bother to release both at the same time because......

I do thank you for the news, but they f@cking better have a physical copy!

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
And they could not bother to release both at the same time because......

I do thank you for the news, but they f@cking better have a physical copy!
IKR? They release it day one for digital on PS5 even though the PS5 is launching with physical and digital versions of itself. The people that want it physically for resale value and the people who want just the DLC because they already paid full price for the vanilla version are being put in the exact same boat. Trying to do the math here.

Digital PS5 launch version of the SE = full game with Vergil playable = 40$. Get dunked on, Early Adopters. We're going old school GameFreak now.
Digital download for Vergil DLC Only. Because of course. = ????? $ = cost of that plus the previous vanilla game at 60$
Physical copy of 5SE = ????? $ would it still be 40$? = They're either gonna DMC3SE it which still requires purchasing a disc "with the DLC built in" or they're gonna pull a FFXV Royal Edition where the physical copy is just the vanila disc with a voucher and that's gonna look horrendous.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Digital PS5 launch version of the SE = full game with Vergil playable = 40$. Get dunked on, Early Adopters. We're going old school GameFreak now.
Digital download for Vergil DLC Only. Because of course. = ????? $ = cost of that plus the previous vanilla game at 60$
Physical copy of 5SE = ????? $ would it still be 40$? = They're either gonna DMC3SE it which still requires purchasing a disc "with the DLC built in" or they're gonna pull a FFXV Royal Edition where the physical copy is just the vanila disc with a voucher and that's gonna look horrendous.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Digital on release? Does that mean that a physical is comming or should I start eyeing that listing on playasia? Either way, if it's just an additional character for all the levels then I am underwhelmed. It's... there. I'm not impressed, sorry to say. Is Vergil fighting red Vergil twice for those last two levels? What more do you have? Costumes? Levels? Enemies? Bosses? Weapons?

I feel a bit deflated at all of this. I might get it on a sale but, as it stands, I'm less than excited, especially if it's not getting a physical release.

Details

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020

Talks of the Vergil portion being a paid DLC later on. I prefer that than buying a whole new edition.
I think DMC5SE will end up being a PlayStation Plus Collection title. Sony and Capcom must have a plan in mind...
Digital on release? Does that mean that a physical is comming or should I start eyeing that listing on playasia? Either way, if it's just an additional character for all the levels then I am underwhelmed. It's... there. I'm not impressed, sorry to say. Is Vergil fighting red Vergil twice for those last two levels? What more do you have? Costumes? Levels? Enemies? Bosses? Weapons?

I feel a bit deflated at all of this. I might get it on a sale but, as it stands, I'm less than excited, especially if it's not getting a physical release.

Details
I have a feeling there's going to be a "Definitive Edition" down the line to complete this entire digital plan Capcom has going. The final Edition is going to be physical.

I mean, THIS IS Capcom we're talking about, here.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

You know what to do.
Hit LDK Mode the first thing after you pop in the disc to quickly level up.
Assuming the LDK enemies have the same vitality as Devil Hunter difficulty a la DMC4:SE, this would be quick and easy.

Doppelganger Vergil is now 100% official.
DMC2 left a mark in the series via Rebellion.
DmC left its mark by having Doppelganger as Vergil's Devil Trigger ability.

Top Bottom