• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Lives! Capcom plans on releasing a new DMC before the end of 2017's fiscal year.

Nelo The Great

I had an idea. What if, in dmc5, they retconned DmC and DMC2 by showing them on a screen for the opening, and having Dante comment about how he dislikes those two 'movies' but he really needed the money?

Like the ending of DmC is being showed, and the camera scrolls to Dante, and he says something along the lines of "well, that was a little better than that last movie" and it scrolls to a box that has DMC2 cover art without the 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I had an idea. What if, in dmc5, they retconned DmC and DMC2 by showing them on a screen for the opening, and having Dante comment about how he dislikes those two 'movies' but he really needed the money?

Never gonna happen. They're not gonna trash talk their own games and they pretend DMC2 didn't happen anyway.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Never gonna happen. They're not gonna trash talk their own games and they pretend DMC2 didn't happen anyway.

I thought I heard people say they didn't regard DMC 2 as canon, but that was never actually the case? Like I've said before, they can deny DMC 2's existence all they want - fact of the matter is, it happened, and in my opinion they should acknowledge it - work from the cliffhanger it left, and move forward from it. Instead of just sweeping it under the rug like it never happened.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
DMC2 is recognized officially as canon and EVEN has a place in the timeline. Itsuno had told informally to someone he was ashamed that game turned worse than he was expecting, so he would like to forget about it, but never said the game was not canon. In fact, without it, we would never get a DMC3 as it is now.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You guys completely missed my point. I know that they never said it wasn't canon, as I said. I was just saying that instead of being ashamed of it, they should work from it, and push the story from there. I would like to see DMC 5 set shortly after 2.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
You guys completely missed my point. I know that they never said it wasn't canon, as I said. I was just saying that instead of being ashamed of it, they should work from it, and push the story from there. I would like to see DMC 5 set shortly after 2.
Yeah they've kind of backed themselves in to a corner with 2 in the timeline, because you're right, if they ever want to move forward in the timeline past DMC2, they're going to have to address it in some way. If they do consider it canon, which I think they do even if they wish it wasn't.

Frazz

General gamer
Ugh, the suspense ... Now whenever we hear the tiniest bit of news we're all going to be racking our brains like "Is it DMC 5? IS IT?!"... Gah!.
As much as I don't want to have too much hope I will admit that I'll be jumping at every possible bit of news for the next few years. If by some miracle this is a DMC5 then I can only hope that Capcom at least gives us teaser at TGS. They probably won't though if development is only starting now. A man can dream though.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
No such thing would be so important to deserve a tweet from Itsuno.
Agreed, he barely tweets and he has about 75 total tweets. He would only tweet for Dragon's Dogma2 or DMC5 or Rival Schools but it's probably DMC5.

Ugh, the suspense ... Now whenever we hear the tiniest bit of news we're all going to be racking our brains like "Is it DMC 5? IS IT?!"... Gah!.
I know, it's torture.

he already did it once. So who knows
Did what once?

Thing is I don't see DMC2 as that difficult to reconcile with the rest of the series as most fanfic writers just say it was an average day on the job for him.
Good point.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Sparda's Rebellion said:
I know, it's torture

Yeah, it really is -_-

Please be careful not to double/triple/etc. post. Thankyou.

Top Bottom