• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Lives! Capcom plans on releasing a new DMC before the end of 2017's fiscal year.

Devil Player

I would like to see both DmC and DMC sequels getting released.

I mean, that's my perfect world! :)

Anyway, if we get a DMC sequel, let's hope they finally get the timeline right. How many DMC 2 prequels will they keep making? I want to know what happened to Dante, once he got trapped in hell, during the last mission of DMC 2.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I would like to see both DmC and DMC sequels getting released.

I mean, that's my perfect world! :)

Anyway, if we get a DMC sequel, let's hope they finally get the timeline right. How many DMC 2 prequels will they keep making? I want to know what happened to Dante, once he got trapped in hell, during the last mission of DMC 2.
They should pretend that DMC2 was an alternate universe like DmC, not just cause the game was bad but because it really doesn't belong in the DMC universe, it's so pointless. I remember reading that either Itsuno or Bingo... I'm not sure who it was, but they said that maybe DMC2 was like an alternate universe, but then they laughed so I'm not sure if they were just joking or not. Anyway, they should ignore DMC2 and just make DMC5 in whatever timeline they want without worrying about 2 which no one really cares about.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Sorry, but I actually liked DMC 2. Not at first, but it did grow on me. And I think moving on from 2's ending is the best way to go for DMC.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
They should pretend that DMC2 was an alternate universe like DmC, not just cause the game was bad but because it really doesn't belong in the DMC universe, it's so pointless. I remember reading that either Itsuno or Bingo... I'm not sure who it was, but they said that maybe DMC2 was like an alternate universe, but then they laughed so I'm not sure if they were just joking or not. Anyway, they should ignore DMC2 and just make DMC5 in whatever timeline they want without worrying about 2 which no one really cares about.

this is a good resort.. while they're at it, why not make it the same universe with DmC, what a twist that should make, DMC2 dante is actually, the same person with DmC dante.. the infamous bunch should stick together..

i know i'll be darn happy with that..

in another topic, i also always imagine the DMC2 remake to use the DmC gameplay and mechanics

berto

I Saw the Devil
That's the scariest part -- some of them actually convince themselves of this.
It's internet arrogance, really. It's not a matter of them actually believing the game is superior it's just that they like it more and to them that equates to it been superior. No one online is honest enough to admit that their opinions aren't facts, that their truth isn't a universal one.

A few years ago there was this user here who kept insisting on things and finishing his post or arguments with 'FACT' without providing any. Specifically, he was talking about what a bad game Bayonetta 1 was. When I pulled up a few links to reviews, user analysis, combo vids and other overwhelmingly positive malteral that legally qualifies as evidence of the contrary he responded with opinions and finished every argument with the word 'FACT.' That's almost in a nutshell what you can expect from internet opinions of something hated, opinions passed as facts.

I don't like DmC that much and in many ways I do prefer DMC2 but by god I cannot deny that DmC is the superior game, it's not even kind of a contest. For all it's shortcomings DmC is still a far better game than DMC2 since it's shortcomings overshadow DmC's by ten fold.

Last edited:

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
this is a good resort.. while they're at it, why not make it the same universe with DmC, what a twist that should make, DMC2 dante is actually, the same person with DmC dante.. the infamous bunch should stick together..

i know i'll be darn happy with that..

in another topic, i also always imagine the DMC2 remake to use the DmC gameplay and mechanics
DMC2 remake with DmC gameplay would be awesome.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Hmmm....
Maybe, maybe not.

1452653512651.png

Frazz

General gamer
Hmmm....
Maybe, maybe not.

1452653512651.png
As much as I hope for DMC5 I think this is a classic case of us finding some info the vaguely hints at a DMC only for it to be something else. I'll keep my fingers crossed though as a DMC5 announcement would be the best news ever. Whatever the project is, I hope we hear about it at TGS.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Sadly, probably DD2.
doubtfully, it was just "in discussion". Unless they can magically start working without board's approval. Anyway…maybe its just my bitterness, because I don't think game industry needs another DD with Dark Souls and Monster Hunter on the table.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Sadly, probably DD2.
Not likely that it's DD2 because Capcom is launching DD Online this year and they're hoping that it turns in to the next WoW. They wouldn't also put out a sequel to DD so that a bunch of people decide to get that instead of playing online and making Capcom a bunch of money from online transactions and micro transactions. I don't want to jinx it, but it's probably DMC5.

Frazz

General gamer
I wasn't aware of those factors. It's still a possibility for it to be DMC 5. We'll just have to wait and see.
I second this. As I've said before: every year we find a new hope of DMC5 like last year when someone supposedly found a file saying that DMC would be at E3. Every year we find some 'evidence' and a new DMC still hasn't been announced. The good news is that this comes from Itsuno himself so at least it is an official project so I think we should remain a little hopeful but don't anticipate any announcement soon. And if it isn't DMC5 then I called it!:wink: But I really do hope it's a DMC game...

Top Bottom