• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The Phantarch;120482 said:
I hear you Angel. Let's face it though, the chances of it stopping are virtually non-existant. When radical feminists take over the game industry- maybe. Until then, no.

As it is, I must admit I have no strong stance on the matter. I only take stances when it's overtly negative and let's face it. Sexism is found everywhere. For instance, may I divert your attention to 1 Timothy chapter 2 and verses 9- 12:

"Also that women should adorn themselves sensibly, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly attire but by good deeds, as befits women who profess religion. Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men: she is to be kept silent." Now, admittedly, atheists don't come bigger than me but still, if that's not overt sexism, what is?

The Phantarch;120531 said:
I was clarifying on my post beforehand.
God was included.
If I may cite another unashamedly sexist passage.

1 Corinthians 14: 34-35:

"As in all congregations of saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home, for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."

Don't you just love St Paul?

Sorry but these passages do appear more regularly than one would have thought.

I reference also Ephesians 5: 22-24 if you're interested.

As far as ways of life are concerned, I'm all for equality.
Horribly out of context but I see what you're trying to say...I think...

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
lol angel
but still again aren't taking this a little too far...
of course some of u guys r right...but still
It Is Just A Game after all
(of course my opinion will probably be overlooked or noone will probably pay any attention to it.......... :):)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yes, I know it is just a game... I just don't understand what this thread is truly about.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It is just a game, indeed - but gaming is huge now so it matters to people what goes in them and how people/situations are represented. Games have come a long way from the days of helpless woman in tower needing rescuing (or in the case of one particular game, seeing how many times you can get past various hazards to have sex with an indian girl tied to a post) and now women in gaming (with the exception of Kyrie, as an example) are equal, if not exceeding in ability, to men.

But if they don't look hot, people won't bother. Take Lara Croft - ain't no way in hell that girl would have sold nearly so many games if she had been incredbily ordinary looking with small breasts and an untoned, slightly overweight body. Skimpy clothes and ridiculous breasts are the order of the day...

Saix

Devil's Advocate
wooot...

I do think Gloria was OTT. I didn't really mind lady or trish but the view up her arse and stuff was unnecissary... We don't get many hot Dante/Vergil/Nero images... cept in 3 where Dante doesn't wear a shirt but graphics = lame

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
i guess ur right Angel but for me i really don't care there's women and men and a game i play the game and figure out the story...but i guess i'm kinda simplistic

Sparda™

The point is marketing has taken over every aspect of life, and games too. They put there the hottest, the most voluptuous, the most sex-arousing female characters ever.

Sex is being fabricated everywhere - movies, food, Internet and games, and other aspects as well. It's not like we can do something to stop It, as It is increasing its level.

Koemi

half-breed
games these days are mostly like this: guys put on more clothes than they practically need to (think of all this sweating when you're out killing demons - makes you smell worse than a demon), and gals put on almost nothing with big boobs jiggling all the time. Let's face it - we are still on Earth and we do have gravity. Doing all these demon-slaying with two bags of jello hanging like that just won't work. More of a hinderance than eye-candy, IMO. :\

But yah, "eye-candy" for DMC girls would be for the male protagonists to go topless... with 360 and PS3 in HD... :D that's good enough for me lol

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
The whole 'eye-candy' scene started off huge and is only getting bigger. By trying to stop it, you may as well try to fend off a tidal wave with a feather.

As for the biblical quotes, Angel. I can hardly see what other context they can be put in. It's all very well saying 'you're interpreting it wrong.' However it's hard to dismiss when it's very overt like "I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men." I mean, how else are you supposed to interpret it?

I think it's things like these that have been used to justify the overtly patriarchal natures of many societies until relatively recent years. I mean, until 1991 marital rape was still legal. Hardly a long time ago.

Back on topic.
Sex sells everything: Clothes, coffee, sandwich fillings, chocolate, magazines, films, everything.

Still, for the girls here there's topless Dante,
For the blokes however, there's quite an ensemble.

Not exactly fair, admittedly, but there is something for everyone.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
ok yeah ur right
but u actually never know u could fend off a tidal wave with a feather
Nothing is Impossible
and if u guys say there's no way in hell that could happen well u never Know
because there is no proof that anything or nothing is Impossible

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Actually... Until something is proven to be possible, it is impossible.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Dante Aseroth;120644 said:
^ I'm being on topic and stating my opinion. It's not complaining.

Gloria was whoreish, and so was Lady.

Not really. Gloria seem tame in comparison to Rachel from NG.
Lady wasnt bad either. I would prefer that they show MORE cleavage on them.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The Phantarch;120736 said:
The whole 'eye-candy' scene started off huge and is only getting bigger. By trying to stop it, you may as well try to fend off a tidal wave with a feather.

As for the biblical quotes, Angel. I can hardly see what other context they can be put in. It's all very well saying 'you're interpreting it wrong.' However it's hard to dismiss when it's very overt like "I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men." I mean, how else are you supposed to interpret it?

Back on topic.
Sex sells everything: Clothes, coffee, sandwich fillings, chocolate, magazines, films, everything.

Still, for the girls here there's topless Dante,
For the blokes however, there's quite an ensemble.

Not exactly fair, admittedly but there is something for everyone.
Sorry for my nitpicking earlier, by the way - Paul was notoriously sexist and a lot of what he said in the bible was his own opinion as a result of a highly conservative Jewish upbringing in an Eastern culture, not necessarily a directive from God and not representative of the Christian religion as a whole. The context those verses are to be interpreted in are largely to do with culture and a very typical early century middle eastern view of women - as they are human opinion and not divine, as it were, they have to be used with an understanding of who said them and why. There were female leaders in the Old Testament so his stuff about women in churches is a bit silly, in my opinion *ducks from conservative church leaders*

I'd just had a debate with someone earlier about this very thing then saw your post and missed the point - apologies all round on my part. I'm just silly :lol:

Aaaaaaaaaaaand back on topic: When we were studying media at college we had to watch fifty adverts and note down the connotations involved. Every single one - from athlete's foot powder to shampoo - was advertised in a sexualised manner, whether overtly or covertly. Weird...but it works.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Angel;120746 said:
Sorry for my nitpicking earlier, by the way - Paul was notoriously sexist and a lot of what he said in the bible was his own opinion as a result of a highly conservative Jewish upbringing in an Eastern culture, not necessarily a directive from God and not representative of the Christian religion as a whole. The context those verses are to be interpreted in are largely to do with culture and a very typical early century middle eastern view of women - as they are human opinion and not divine, as it were, they have to be used with an understanding of who said them and why. There were female leaders in the Old Testament so his stuff about women in churches is a bit silly, in my opinion *ducks from conservative church leaders*

I'd just had a debate with someone earlier about this very thing then saw your post and missed the point - apologies all round on my part. I'm just silly :lol:

Aaaaaaaaaaaand back on topic: When we were studying media at college we had to watch fifty adverts and note down the connotations involved. Every single one - from athlete's foot powder to shampoo - was advertised in a sexualised manner, whether overtly or covertly. Weird...but it works.

There are other occasions as well, as I mentioned, Timothy and Ephesians. Also note in Genesis chapter 3 when Eve and all women after her are punished with greatly increased pain during childbirth, no such pain is inflicted on Adam or on men after him.

Anyway, that aside,
It's really weird the places sex gets in. I mean, it's enough to put you off flake bars for life.:lol:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Ah but the hand crushing the balls during childbirth does kinda make up for it...:p

It's weird with games and regular advertising - in games, the female form is celebrated freely and often exaggerated (or however you spell it - I'm too tired to check) to the point of insanity. But in regular television advertisements, they tend to be more subtle (in UK anyway - can't speak for other nations). I mean you've got the Diet Coke ad, right? Attractive women ogling a half naked man or whatever. But if the roles were reversed, it would barely make it to screen. In fact, Rustlers is the only advert I can recall in recent times which has put a woman in her underwear and used the caption "0-tasty in 70 seconds"...

Maybe there aren't enough feminists keeping an eye on the gaming industry and that's how they get away with it all so much...

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Lesbos like the way ladies are portrayed in media. I have a lesbo ex-girlfriend turned BFF who tells me she wants to screw Kyrie and Lady.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Angel;120750 said:
Ah but the hand crushing the balls during childbirth does kinda make up for it...:p

It's weird with games and regular advertising - in games, the female form is celebrated freely and often exaggerated (or however you spell it - I'm too tired to check) to the point of insanity. But in regular television advertisements, they tend to be more subtle (in UK anyway - can't speak for other nations). I mean you've got the Diet Coke ad, right? Attractive women ogling a half naked man or whatever. But if the roles were reversed, it would barely make it to screen. In fact, Rustlers is the only advert I can recall in recent times which has put a woman in her underwear and used the caption "0-tasty in 70 seconds"...

Maybe there aren't enough feminists keeping an eye on the gaming industry and that's how they get away with it all so much...

Shall I advise Steve to keep away?:lol:

You spelled 'exaggerated' correctly, just for the record. I think you're right, they're all into books and T.V. Games are a no-no.:D

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
Esura;120756 said:
Lesbos like the way ladies are portrayed in media. I have a lesbo ex-girlfriend turned BFF who tells me she wants to screw Kyrie and Lady.

well that's something else......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom