• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
All that interests me is where the hell these women get their bras from...that's some serious gravity-defying underwear right there...

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Angel;120437 said:
All that interests me is where the hell these women get their bras from...that's some serious gravity-defying underwear right there...
All I know is if my cup size was that large, wore no bra and ran around killing demons, i'd have to pass out. XD

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah, but Trish is a demon so she can handle all that.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
@ NerosDevil - I hear you there...>_<

On a more serious note, women in gaming have, for the most part, been portrayed as eye-candy - albeit sometimes with skills/talents/intelligence etc - and developers know that if they made some ugly fat cow the main character (not including that weird game to do with fat princesses or whatever it is), it wouldn't be much of a crowd-pleaser. People want beauty - something aesthetically pleasing according to whatever cultural definition of beauty applies at the time. Sex sells and has done so very well in practically every area of marketing - why would games be any different?

We are conditioned, to a certain degree, to be drawn more to the attractive things in life than the more plain ones - the same prinicple seems to apply to gaming. Until this dynamic shifts - if it ever does - women will be presented whether intentionally or subliminally as objects of lust and desire, regardless of how capable they are.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I hear you Angel. Let's face it though, the chances of it stopping are virtually non-existant. When radical feminists take over the game industry- maybe. Until then, no.

As it is, I must admit I have no strong stance on the matter. I only take stances when it's overtly negative and let's face it. Sexism is found everywhere. For instance, may I divert your attention to 1 Timothy chapter 2 and verses 9- 12:

"Also that women should adorn themselves sensibly, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly attire but by good deeds, as befits women who profess religion. Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men: she is to be kept silent." Now, admittedly, atheists don't come bigger than me but still, if that's not overt sexism, what is?

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
The Phantarch;120482 said:
I hear you Angel. Let's face it though, the chances of it stopping are virtually non-existant. When radical feminists take over the game industry- maybe. Until then, no.

As it is, I must admit I have no strong stance on the matter. I only take stances when it's overtly negative and let's face it. Sexism is found everywhere. For instance, may I divert your attention to 1 Timothy chapter 2 and verses 9- 12:

"Also that women should adorn themselves sensibly, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly attire but by good deeds, as befits women who profess religion. Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men: she is to be kept silent." Now, admittedly, atheists don't come bigger than me but still, if that's not overt sexism, what is?

Silent, submissive women are lame. I like aggressive, bossy, take no **** women. Basically the polar opposite of me.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
^ I get on fairly well with agressive, bossy women as well. Generally, they're more interesting to talk to and if it does end up in an argument, you have to be on your feet.

To clarify on what I said earlier, I don't have a problem with the 'sex sells' thing but I do have problems with people who are lazy, misogynistic and chauvenistic retards. (Not very PC I know)

I'm one of those people who thinks debating is good and will never settle down if everything's at peace. Weird, I know. Still, without competition, where would we be?
Nowhere that great, for sure.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
The Phantarch;120521 said:
^ I get on fairly well with agressive, bossy women as well. Generally, they're more interesting to talk to and if it does end up in an argument, you have to be on your feet.

To clarify on what I said earlier, I don't have a problem with the 'sex sells' thing but I do have problems with people who are lazy, misogynistic and chauvenistic retards. (Not very PC I know)

I'm one of those people who thinks debating is good and will never settle down if everything's at peace. Weird, I know. Still, without competition, where would we be?
Nowhere that great, for sure.

Where did the lazy and chauvenistic retards comment come from?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Esura;120527 said:
Where did the lazy and chauvenistic retards comment come from?

I was clarifying on my post beforehand.
God was included.
If I may cite another unashamedly sexist passage.

1 Corinthians 14: 34-35:

"As in all congregations of saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home, for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."

Don't you just love St Paul?

Sorry but these passages do appear more regularly than one would have thought.

I reference also Ephesians 5: 22-24 if you're interested.

As far as ways of life are concerned, I'm all for equality.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Angel;120441 said:
@ NerosDevil - I hear you there...>_<

On a more serious note, women in gaming have, for the most part, been portrayed as eye-candy - albeit sometimes with skills/talents/intelligence etc - and developers know that if they made some ugly fat cow the main character (not including that weird game to do with fat princesses or whatever it is), it wouldn't be much of a crowd-pleaser. People want beauty - something aesthetically pleasing according to whatever cultural definition of beauty applies at the time. Sex sells and has done so very well in practically every area of marketing - why would games be any different?

We are conditioned, to a certain degree, to be drawn more to the attractive things in life than the more plain ones - the same prinicple seems to apply to gaming. Until this dynamic shifts - if it ever does - women will be presented whether intentionally or subliminally as objects of lust and desire, regardless of how capable they are.

Very well said. +Rep.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I'm actually not bothered about Gloria, I just found myself turning away slightly when Lady or Trish moved; I got Dante and Nero to keep meh occupied XD

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
^I didn't care about their breast moving, I just think the certain way that they moved were unrealistic. Jello boobies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
As I have said before... The girls are hardly ever getting a word in, and it's always Dante... Now in 4 we get to see more of those girls, and what is wrong with that? of course, you girls aren't gonna wanna see all that... But whose to say that we wished to see Dante without his T-Shirt on? To be honest, for me... Dante without a T-Shirt on is much more than a bit of cleavage from the women.

Sparda™

Seriously, the girls on DMC4 were over the top...Lady's breasts moving and jiggling were like the continents forming from Pangaea - that tip of moving! o_O

Trish was OK, but Gloria was like someone who escaped the whorehouse to join demon-slaying! Basically, in that scene when she's fighting the Scarecrows, there's this sequence when all her ass is just showing in front of us...

(I have the clear screenshot of that ass. Any pervert around interested can PM me...:lol:)

Getting on topic, even Kyrie, though there was no massive cleavage or no-panties version, her ass part looks too detailed, even clothed...o_O

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ And you of all people are complaining? :huh: Seriously, when will it be that we see Dante and Nero strolling around in nothing but their underwear? Dmc5 probably :lol:

Sparda™

^ I'm being on topic and stating my opinion. It's not complaining.

Gloria was whoreish, and so was Lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom