• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil may cry-Combat

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
it's not nonsense it's an opinion

The problem is that your opinion isn't new. It's been said to death in countless ways, and ultimately, it really doesn't matter. Your tastes are yours, and others have theirs, but you don't need a thread to declare your stance - you can easily do so in any manner of discussion when making your stance known.

Then, honestly, there's a lot of things I could say on the contrary of what you stated, especially things like "there's no more styles," to which I'll only say - "Styles" are gone, but their functions remain in more intuitive places on the control scheme, with no functions actually being lost. Modified maybe, but not lost.

Your thread went to hell because this kind of thread invariably does. The way you've worded your opinion is very matter-of-fact, as if what is said is undeniable truth, which rubs some the wrong way, and many here are just rather jaded on getting into the same dance with a different tune.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
oh_f05647_593961.jpg

Tiran

The great pretender.
You can respond by accepting my challenge since I know for a fact that you have the game on PC, and that you can use a free program called msi afterburner to record at 144P if need be to prove me wrong.

Also, feel free to elaborate in detail when you make statements like this:
"the removal of styles? no they oversimplified it into stances, a heavy stance and a light stance, my complaint is that they have not as much depth as tricksters mix of closing distance (angel dodge? Demon Pull, angel pull, aquilas buy in, aquilas calibur, and so forth?) and getting away(angel dodge, kicker, charged gunshots with inertia and magnetism, kabloeey etc) or swordmasters extension to your moveset(such as, and how?)."
Here feel free to use this as a guide:

Same goes for Original Poster, accept my challenge, or don't expect a reasonable discussion when you post such inflammatory nonsense as fact.

I'm very secure with myself, but I almost question my sexuality when every thing you do makes my d!ck hard.

mrrandomlulz

Seriously guys, THIS is the **** that causes this part of the forum to barely feel like a forum. So what if his opinion is commonly shared? The VERY POINT of any video game forum is to share your opinions and criticisms of the game. Not everyone is going to find DmC to be as awesome as you do. I personally think the combat was pretty bland because the easy use of the the dodge button made it so that I was practically invincible since it took so damn long for enemies to land an attack.

And for ****s sake, stop using OppressedWriter's videos as a ****ing universal counter-argument. OppressedWriter openly admits to having modded the game's speed in the past.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Seriously guys, THIS is the **** that causes this part of the forum to barely feel like a forum. So what if his opinion is commonly shared? The VERY POINT of any video game forum is to share your opinions and criticisms of the game. Not everyone is going to find DmC to be as awesome as you do. I personally think the combat was pretty bland because the easy use of the the dodge button made it so that I was practically invincible since it took so damn long for enemies to land an attack.

And for ***** sake, stop using OppressedWriter's videos as a ******* universal counter-argument. OppressedWriter openly admits to having modded the game's speed in the past.
Capture20_zps3caeec0e.png

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.:tongue:

And for ***** sake, stop using OppressedWriter's videos as a ******* universal counter-argument. OppressedWriter openly admits to having modded the game's speed in the past.
Are you talking about the one button trickster teleport from DMC4, sorry I got confused when you mentioned a one button spammable dodge that grants invulnerability frames... At least, DmC Dodge has a cool down period and is actually three buttons, because you still have to input a direction on the stronger enemies... try just dodging dreamrunners and witches without using angel dodges or demon dodges, that is in fact 3 buttons you have to input to dodge properly, the trigger, the dodge + direction. It isn't any different from holding lock on + direction + a, its not DmC's fault that its programmed so well that dodge works when it should without having to center and circle around each enemy like its an individually locked target (see MGR, dig the game, but jesus that auto lock on + group lock on is a nightmare).

Last edited:

mrrandomlulz

Are you talking about the one button trickster teleport from DMC4, sorry I got confused when you mentioned a one button spammable dodge that grants invulnerability frames... At least, DmC Dodge has a cool down period and is actually three buttons, because you still have to input a direction on the stronger enemies... try just dodging dreamrunners and witches without using angel dodges or demon dodges, that is in fact 3 buttons you have to input to dodge properly, the trigger, the dodge + direction. It isn't any different from holding lock on + direction + a, its not DmC's fault that its programmed so well that dodge works when it should without having to center and circle around each enemy like its an individually locked target (see MGR, dig the game, but jesus that auto lock on + group lock on is a nightmare).
I have to respectfully disagree, Sammy-O (my new nickname for ya )
While I do enjoy DmC's combat as a whole, the evasive action felt like the primary flaw to me, but also like one that could EASILY be ironed out.
If they just made the enemies a bit faster.
The thing about Trickster in DMC3 (like many of the people on this forum, I rarely play 4)
Was that split-second timing and reaction speed were key element to mastering the style, with DmC's evade, while timing is pretty important, it was so easy to time the moment the enemy attacks that I just found myself jumping out of the way at the right moment with minimal effort.

Tony at Home

Styles in DMC4 felt arbitrary. They were just an extra button press to do what you wanted to do.

After playing DmC then going to DMC4, it felt completely unnecessary to have to press an extra button after a launcher just to do some air attacks.

Pressing an extra button to switch to trickster for an airdash, pressing an extra button to do a Rainstorm, etc.

It was also annoying that what move came out depended BOTH on my stance and currently equipped weapon. To do a Prop in DMC4, I needed to have Rebellion equipped, and I need to be in Swordmaster. To do it in DmC 4, I only needed to make sure Osiris was equipped.

I understand this made the game a bit too easy, but I'd rather have the difficulty of the game heightened with more intelligent/well-designed enemies and a more demanding style system. Making controls difficult is an arbitrary way of inflating the difficulty. I'd rather be forced to think more strategically than have to get Carpel Tunel.

Then there's the targeting system. DMC4 had a targeting system, but it was difficult to lock onto the enemy you wanted to. In DmC, it's pretty much impossible to lock onto the enemy you want to, but the game makes up for this by giving me the means to approach an enemy regardless.

For example- if in DMC4, I want to go attack an airborne enemy behind a grounded enemy somewhat in front, I'm often going to need to lock on, then toggle the lock to focus on the enemy behind. Until I'm locked on, I can't do a Calibur to approach the enemy behind without risking doing it towards a different direction. In DmC, while I can't lock on at all, it doesn't matter because I can do a Calibur without having to lock on in the first place. My ability to slash who I want in both games is pretty much equal, it's just that one game uses mobility in place of a lock-on system to determine who you want to slash up.

Though holy crap, Angel and Demon Evade need to be nerfed to the 9th circle of hell, lol. I agree they made Dante waaaaay to strong.

Caiden

The biggest thing that feels unnecessary to me about DmC is two dodge buttons. I know that they both have a purpose for the sake of angel and demon dodge but angel dodge is really the only I ever felt was uses full. A damage boost is nice, but I am not going to wait for the exact dodge moment so I can get a damage boost in a game where I care more about stringing combos together. Just my opinion.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Whoa. That's mighty big of you, VB.

Not sure whether to take that as an insult or compliment...
I went back to playing DMC4 *needs to complete it again*, and I just find playing it an absolute chore.

The person that apologized probably hasn't been back since (at least, I haven't seen them).
Mind you, it's like i said, that person wouldn't be the first with that attitude and now it's been proved again that they weren't the last.

I'm just sick of seeing the same sort of thread over and over again. We know people don't like it, but it's a year on... find something else to moan at... are these gamer's going to be angry for the rest of their life at this game, if they are, they better stop gaming now. (Apologies, but it's just getting stupid and that's how I feel).

Top Bottom