• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil may cry-Combat

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
you have that same control with guard flying and sky running in dmc4 sam it works the same in both games as you need enemies for it to work or bosses.Personally i would love to have seen wall run back as doing a teleport from running up a wall or doing a rainstorm off a wall would be awesome

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
Especially when in DMC4 Nero's ground and air combos were on the same button, but then they revert to the unintuitive scheme for Dante, simply for what seems like nostalgia and familiarity, .
That really annoyed me. It's like they decided "Well we had the awesome idea of putting Nero's AR and HB on the triangle button because he lacks a style button, good thinking. Well, can't think of anything else for Dante to do in the air with Rebellion, stick AR on O and forget the cool little directional input we just thought up"

Having AR as a SM style attack is the main reason I used A&R in place of Rebellion whenever I used RG or Trickster in DMC3; JC spamming A&R's aerial attack>HB.

Railazel

The lack of star raving really doesn't have anything to do with the inputs, it has mor eto do with how lock on systems work in Japanese games.

I wasn't referring to the "lack of StarRaving" in DmC, I was making the point that StarRaving was possible because of how DMC 4's control scheme worked as a consequence of Dante's Style system.

Top Bottom