• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
If Capcom even releases those numbers. If Capcom dosen't then its because the game sold less than 1 mil copies and was not worth mentioning. Which is what happened with the DMC HD Collection.

Vgchartz might tide us over until then.

DMC HD collection didn't sell well?

I'd buy it if I could, you know, find it. The store where I bought DmC DE didn't have it, so I was like, ok whatever then.

Judge

Have to say, I didn't really give much of a damn about Hardcore mode when it was annouced... but I was dead wrong. Hardcore mode makes the game really come alive. The non-stop frantic nature of the combat is extreme.

Wonderfully implemented. The bosses feel like really nasty peices of work. They are actually a challenge to beat in Hardcore mode. They don't feel as repititive as their non-Hardcore counterparts.

Even the Devil Trigger is kicked up a notch. Brilliant mod Ninja Theory, brilliant mod.

Gregaman, if your reading, I was wondering if you could give some advice on Parrying on Hardcore, I'm having trouble getting into the swing of it.

There is one more thing I wanted to say. Ninja Theory, Capcom if your watching. I honestly belive this game is better than Bayonetta 2. Bayonetta 2 is better in a few ways, but DmC edges it out in certain areas. Hope you guys get the sales you need to do another one.

Last edited:

Judge

DMC HD collection didn't sell well?

I'd buy it if I could, you know, find it. The store where I bought DmC DE didn't have it, so I was like, ok whatever then.

It probably sold okay, but it sold less than 1 mil copies, so its not noteworty enough for Capcom to mention.

It could've sold 0.9 mil copies we don't really know, but I doubt it was that much.

Why didn't you just order it online or buy it from the PSN store?

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Have to say, I didn't really give much of a damn about Hardcore mode when it was announced... but I was dead wrong. Hardcore mode makes the game really come alive. The non-stop frantic nature of the combat is extreme.

I finished my first playthrough on Nephilim with Hardcore mode on. I didn't die, but I did get my ass almost handed to me quite a few times because it got surprisingly tough at times. In my opinion, that's what the Nephilim difficulty always should have been! It's understandable if Human is easy.

I don't like buying games digitally. Unless I really love them. But then I buy them digitally AND physically, which was the case for vanilla DmC and is the case now. About buying it online, I suppose I could do that, but I don't really think about DMC HD all that much. Only when I'm out shopping and think to myself "hey, does this store have it? I could go for an impulse buy rn".

corrnata

If Capcom even releases those numbers. If Capcom dosen't then its because the game sold less than 1 mil copies and was not worth mentioning. Which is what happened with the DMC HD Collection.

Vgchartz might tide us over until then.
I hope the DE can put at least half a mill realistically, from what its looked like DE has been selling better than expected but we will wait and see when the chats update

Veloran

It probably sold okay, but it sold less than 1 mil copies, so its not noteworty enough for Capcom to mention.

It could've sold 0.9 mil copies we don't really know, but I doubt it was that much.

The DMC HD Collection has sold 1.17 million copies, to DmC's 1.18 million and DMC4's 2.91 million.

But that's all from VGCharts, so, you know, accuracy might not be 100%.

Veloran

Actually look at the link before you assume. You posted the same exact list because the source is your link.
Yes? Which is why I said, "Here's the list directly". Why link to a wikia when you can jump straight to the source?

The wiki's dedicated DMC page also seems to be pretty outdated.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yes? Which is why I said, "Here's the list directly". Why link to a wikia when you can jump straight to the source?

No, you linked the original list because you're hoping its different, but they are the same exact thing. It's not outdated because it shares the same exact information as of the same time.

The HD Collection just didn't do that hot. The latest Devil May Cry is like the third highest selling game in the series behind DMC 2 and 4.

Veloran

No, you linked the original list because you're hoping its different, but they are the same exact thing. It's not outdated because it shares the same exact information as of the same time.

The HD Collection just didn't do that hot. The latest Devil May Cry is like the third highest selling game in the series behind DMC 2 and 4.
That doesn't make any sense. Why would I link to a list that was the same, but think it was different? Would I just not have visited the page first? And the Devil May Cry page I was talking about was this one, http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry which is clearly inconsistent with the more up-to-date list.

Also, that's not quite true. DmC did worse than 1, 2, 4, and the combined sales of 3 and 3:SE.

In order of best to worst selling, it would actually go 4, 3&3:SE, 1, 2, DmC. If you want to take 3 and 3:SE as two separate games, DmC becomes the fourth best-selling.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
That doesn't make any sense. Why would I link to a list that was the same, but think it was different? Would I just not have visited the page first? And the Devil May Cry page I was talking about was this one, http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry which is clearly inconsistent with the more up-to-date list.

Also, that's not quite true. DmC did worse than 1, 2, 4, and the combined sales of 3 and 3:SE.

In order of best to worst selling, it would actually go 4, 3&3:SE, 1, 2, DmC. If you want to take 3 and 3:SE as two separate games, DmC becomes the fourth best-selling.
Dafuq, you weren't talking about this. That's a completely different link than what you previously shared.

Plus, last time I checked, I'm pretty sure DmC sold more than that by now, also the DE has been selling too. I don't know how much that adds to it.

Who gives a sh!t anyway. Why are even talking about this crap? It wasn't a flop and sales don't speak quality. If that were true, then CoD would be the best game ever.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Chancey289 I think the whole sales discussion came from the desire DmC fans have for the game to have a sequel. Sales are not necessarily indication of quality, yes, but it's the main factor for getting a sequel, like it or not :/

Veloran

Dafuq, you weren't talking about this. That's a completely different link than what you previously shared.

Plus, last time I checked, I'm pretty sure DmC sold more than that by now, also the DE has been selling too. I don't know how much that adds to it.

Who gives a sh!t anyway. Why are even talking about this crap? It wasn't a flop and sales don't speak quality. If that were true, then CoD would be the best game ever.
That link there is in reference to -

Anyway, the list both Berto and I linked is accurate up to December 31st, 2014. The beginning of this year, basically. As of that time, DmC was the worst-selling game in the series.

And nobody ever said anything about sales equaling quality.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Agreed. This topic should be banned for life. DmC is unlikely to make a comeback (as much as I want it to), so I doubt there will ever be a need to even talk about this anymore.

Top Bottom