• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 5 after the events of DMC 2.....? Foolishness...

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
It's another entry in the DMC franchise. Sequels do not have to share continuity (e.g. Final Fantasy), they can simply he the continuation of a franchise. I suspect DmC's existence as a reboot is part of the reason Capcom stated that DMC5 is a direct sequel to DMC4 rather than just stating that it's a sequel. It clarifies that it's both in the same continuity as DMC4 and a continuation of DMC4's story.

That said, it's a redundant and confusing descriptor the way I used it. Still, it differentiates it from a spin-off entry in the series, as DmC was intended as the new direction for the series at the time.
Well that's cause Final Fantasy is a anthlogy series. DmC being set in an alternate reality and featuringalternate versions of previous characters would keep it from being a sequel. Not trying to argue, was just confused

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I must confess I'm somewhat baffled by the cheers and exaltation by the people in that reddit thread.

Was 5 being set after 2 really that big a deal for people? o_O

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
So possible Lucia , Makin form may come back and dante will be Uber op

Which means the end boss must be nigh omnipotent and way above despair embodied and mundus in power

This could be interesting muhuhahahahahaha

DarkSlayerVergil

So possible Lucia , Makin form may come back and dante will be Uber op

Which means the end boss must be nigh omnipotent and way above despair embodied and mundus in power

This could be interesting muhuhahahahahaha
You don't really need to be omnipotent to beat stronger than Dante really, just stronger than ArgoSax and Mundus.

DarkSlayerVergil

That's still quite a tall order lol. :tongue:

Though since it is set after 2, I hope that means that the Majin DT returns. :nailbiting:
Forget about Majin trigger, I'm curious if they'll incorporate perfect DT into 5:
latest

dmc4__release_the_devil_within_by_masamunerevolution.jpg

heatlancer

1# Trickster
Is that perfect DT not just another iteration of the Lucifer DT?

What I liked about the dmc2 Majin was that Dante turned into a big ass demon.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well majin is used when he is in dire straits, so maybe he will need it against this new villain

It seems like majin is Dante's own sparda like form

Considering Nero is quarter demon , I'm assuming he will need a devil arm to Dr in the game , as he doesn't have a natural Dr like Dante or vergil.

I'm quite intrigued to see Dante gameplay , I hope they do a DMC2 on it and have separate campaigns, but hopefully different levels instead of the same ones

I would love an open world or sandbox element , could he incorporated with the van and motorbike Dante has.Lastly i gotta say please capcom , no backtracking.

TheActionGamer

Veteran Devil Hunter
DMC in the order it's in as of now: 3,1,4,2,5

Just when I thought chronology of these games could not get any stranger...

If Devil May Cry 6 ever becomes a thing and it's set as a prequel to DMC 3 and 1, guess where that's going.

DarkSlayer54

So, DMC2 Dante's personality is pretty much confirmed to be retconned then?

Based on what we've seen in the trailer, it doesn't seem like they'll do a single thing to explain Dante's personality shifts. Seems like they'll just stick to DMC3's personality, as if he hasn't aged a single day.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I wouldn't say that, either. If the games aren't the establishment then it's all up in the air. After DMC2 DMC1 would be the next to be discarded because it stands out from the mold as well. DMC1 doesn't fit with the Itsuno games which are the popular ones. The world, the atmosphere, how the characters behave, how physic behave.

DarkSlayer54

I wouldn't say that, either. If the games aren't the establishment then it's all up in the air. After DMC2 DMC1 would be the next to be discarded because it stands out from the mold as well. DMC1 doesn't fit with the Itsuno games which are the popular ones. The world, the atmosphere, how the characters behave, how physic behave.

I'm still annoyed that DMC4 didn't use DMC1's personality. If DMC5 ignores DMC2's personality as well, then that doesn't exactly give me hope for the story. So far, I've gotten the impression that Itsuno doesn't even care about the characters in the slightest.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I honestyl think DMC2 personality mostly based on fact, that they barely wrote any dialogues for game. Most demons remained silent. So honestly I think, Dante wasn't that somber, they just didn't bothered to write script for the game and reduced him to bland VG character.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm still annoyed that DMC4 didn't use DMC1's personality. If DMC5 ignores DMC2's personality as well, then that doesn't exactly give me hope for the story. So far, I've gotten the impression that Itsuno doesn't even care about the characters in the slightest.
Its less that he doesn't care, its more he and bingo the actual writer of the games inherented a situation they didn't know how to deal with.

Which common when you have multiple writers taking over a franchise. Marvel and DC suffer from that all the time (even the movies).

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

Based on what we've seen in the trailer, it doesn't seem like they'll do a single thing to explain Dante's personality shifts. Seems like they'll just stick to DMC3's personality, as if he hasn't aged a single day.
^^ This, though i think this time Dante is going to be more serious due to the fact that demons are invading the real world.

I'm just hoping to see Lucia again! MAYBE V IS LUCIA's SON!? plot thickens.

Last edited:

DarkSlayerVergil

Is that perfect DT not just another iteration of the Lucifer DT?

What I liked about the dmc2 Majin was that Dante turned into a big ass demon.
Honestly can't remember.
This right here so much.
I hope not, enough with this soap opera stuff, Nero being Vergil's son is already stretching it in my book.
What soap opera?

Top Bottom