• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 5 after the events of DMC 2.....? Foolishness...

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I hope not, enough with this soap opera stuff, Nero being Vergil's son is already stretching it in my book.
But its the cool kind of Soap Opera! I honestly, believe they're going to have "V" being the son of someone, he could be the son of the main villain or the relative of one of our heroes. Its just odd to have a random character pop up who has technically nothing to do with any of the main characters. They did the same with Nero, and most likely they'll do it with V.
Honestly can't remember.?
I think he's talking about this, it was a secret devil trigger which was only accessible if you had very little health close to death.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
They did the same with Nero, and most likely they'll do it with V.

Yeah I'm not saying it's beyond them to pull that lame stuff once again, I am aware of the fact that they can pull a Nero 2.0, I'm just hoping they won't. I'll wait and see.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Having Vitale be Lucia's brother (step/adopted/half etc) would be interesting and give a new dynamic to play with. Granted he could just be someone lucia knew which would work just as well.

Funny thing is I don't feel Lucia needs a big role as the more important part is resolving Dante's cliffhanger. As long as Lucia exists and has a good showing I'd be ok.

A DLC pack would be nice tho.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
So now that we know DMC5 is after two that throws in a whole new world of possibilities, do you think they're setting it after 2 because it'll actually reference or tie into 2 or simply because this installment will have a definitive ending that'll make it so 2 CANT come after it?

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
There are 2 of these. Merging them.
Sorry, just that the original post talked about it as though it was just theorizing, didn't know it would be a problem since there wasn't a thread talking about how it had been confirmed, just theories

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So now that we know DMC5 is after two that throws in a whole new world of possibilities, do you think they're setting it after 2 because it'll actually reference or tie into 2 or simply because this installment will have a definitive ending that'll make it so 2 CANT come after it?
they said that there are reasons why they can't go into so I'm guessing they deal with the cliffhanger at the end of 2. They probably won't deal with his personality change but i could be wrong.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Sorry, just that the original post talked about it as though it was just theorizing, didn't know it would be a problem since there wasn't a thread talking about how it had been confirmed, just theories
No big deal. Happens all the time.

windleopard

There wasn't a whole lot of dialogue in DMC 2 and most of it was exposition. Dante's personality wasn't really different he just didn't talk as much as he did in 1.

windleopard

I would definitely consider the amount of talking to be a part of someone's personality.

True but as I've stated before it was the lack of dialogue that wasn't exposition that was kind of the issue. Dante wasn't really that different from what we saw in DMC 1. Stuff like the coin trick or his "here's your crown" line weren't out of character for what we knew of him then.

DarkSlayer54

True but as I've stated before it was the lack of dialogue that wasn't exposition that was kind of the issue. Dante wasn't really that different from what we saw in DMC 1. Stuff like the coin trick or his "here's your crown" line weren't out of character for what we knew of him then.

No, but his lack of quips were out of character. I just can't imagine DMC1 Dante holding his tongue over zombie helicopters, haha. He would have a field day on that alone.

It made him seem depressed or damaged in some way as a character. As if something tragic happened to him.

Top Bottom