• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 4 was incomplete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If they're not going to bother fixing DMC 4's more glaring issues, then don't bother with a Special Edition at all. That game was crap and it needs some fixing. And if it doesn't even have half the extra work DmC's rerelease has then it would be just sad. DmC was still a great title in vanilla form and the Definitive Edition is fixing things and adding options where it counts.

DMC 4 needs work. It always has. Just give me a good DMC 5. I don't give a crap about Vergil being playable in the same poop fest that was DMC 4. That's not enough to sell it to me again because I'm not making the same mistake.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If they're not going to bother fixing DMC 4's more glaring issues, then don't bother with a Special Edition at all. That game was crap and it needs some fixing. And if it doesn't even have half the extra work DmC's rerelease has then it would be just sad. DmC was still a great title in vanilla form and the Definitive Edition is fixing things and adding options where it counts.

DMC 4 needs work. It always has. Just give me a good DMC 5. I don't give a sh!t about Vergil being playable in the same crap fest that was DMC 4. That's not enough to sell it to me again because I'm not making the same mistake.

Dude, are you capable of expressing your thoughts without flamebaiting? Jee, I swear to God, I read one post of yours, I've read them all. Are you trying to get this thread locked or what? You could have easily commented without those unnecessary harsh words.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Dude, are you capable of expressing your thoughts without flamebaiting? Jee, I swear to God, I read one post of yours, I've read them all. Are you trying to get this thread locked or what? You could have easily commented without those unnecessary harsh words.
Flamebaiting? Harsh words? It's just a video game. A. VIDEO. GAME.

I'm not attacking anyone or insulting anyone personally. If someone takes my feelings on DMC 4 personally, that's their problem and they should just get over themselves and grow up because that's just really dumb.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Eh it was expected some insecure people to try and flambait DMC4. And we back to the talk about haters >_>

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Flamebaiting? Harsh words? It's just a video game. A. VIDEO. GAME.

I'm not attacking anyone or insulting anyone personally. If someone takes my feelings on DMC 4 personally, that's their problem and they should just get over themselves and grow up because that's just really dumb.

Yes, flamebaiting. I think mods have been clear in the past that post like yours before are not welcome, and have given quite a few warnings for that.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yes, flamebaiting. I think mods have been clear in the past that post like yours before are not welcome, and have given quite a few warnings for that.
I haven't been given warnings about that because I'm not breaking any rules. What has happened, is members reporting me for basically nothing claiming I'm doing stuff that's ban worthy just because they have it out for me, and they don't have a case.

I'm still talking about DMC 4 and its problems. Just because I don't find DMC 4 to be a good game, that doesn't mean I'm doing anything wrong.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I haven't been given warnings about that because I'm not breaking any rules. What has happened, is members reporting me for basically nothing claiming I'm doing stuff that's ban worthy just because they have it out for me, and they don't have a case.

I'm still talking about DMC 4 and its problems. Just because I don't find DMC 4 to be a good game, that doesn't mean I'm doing anything wrong.

It's not abou WHAT you say, it's about HOW you say it. Mods have also warned not to bypass the swear filter and/or try not to use bad words.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Eh it was expected some insecure people to try and flambait DMC4. And we back to the talk about haters >_>
And what about you? You're not leaving the DmC Definitive Edition thread alone picking fights with multiple members bringing up stuff like MGR and whatever else spouting nothing but nonsense. If you hate the new version so much, ignore it. Stop trying to argue with other members who don't start anything with you. You're the instigator over there.

Me, I love both versions of Devil May Cry. I talk about all 5 games because I'm a fan of this series. I don't have to not occasionally talk about 4 just because my opinion of it isn't as high as others. And the difference is, I'm not picking fights like you are with the people who dig DmC. I'm still just talking about the game.

Not to mention everyone you debated with has beat you with stuff backing up what they say compared to your nonsensical biased fueled dribble.

nephlim god

And what about you? You're not leaving the DmC Definitive Edition thread alone picking fights with multiple members bringing up stuff like MGR and whatever else spouting nothing but nonsense. If you hate the new version so much, ignore it. Stop trying to argue with other members who don't start anything with you. You're the instigator over there.

Me, I love both versions of Devil May Cry. I talk about all 5 games because I'm a fan of this series. I don't have to not occasionally talk about 4 just because my opinion of it isn't as high as others. And the difference is, I'm not picking fights like you are with the people who dig DmC. I'm still just talking about the game.

Not to mention everyone you debated with has beat you with stuff backing up what they say compared to your nonsensical biased fueled dribble.

You are right and im sure everybody agrees with some of the things you have just said . Just dont let it get to you :)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's not abou WHAT you say, it's about HOW you say it. Mods have also warned not to bypass the swear filter and/or try not to use bad words.
I only did that with one word which I fixed as soon as I saw it if you bothered checking. Other than that, I'm doing fine. Not breaking any rules or anything. I'm keeping myself in check.

berto

I Saw the Devil

Actually he was warned about his behaviour there and he stopped and now I'm going to tell you exactly what I told him:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but only in a civilized manner, which in not what I'm seeing here. Either proceed with this conversation in a more friendly manner or end it. He has already added you to his ignore list so anything you say to him or about him in response to his post he will not see.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
ALSO the dearth of Costumes for Dante iS APPALLING! i would kill for a DMC 1 dante costume with Spadra DT and a clown costume for the angsty Nero!

I dont know if this has been posted by anyone else, but all of you should hear this guy. Maybethe special edition would be the complete edition of the game.
..This guy makes a lot of assumptions that every boss should have a Devil arm..but if you follow the game you'd realize that Nero does not have the power to make devil arms like Dante.. yamato was already physically there and all Nero did was channel his energy through it.

and he is also making an assumption by saying that there were supposed to be multiple devil triggers.. when they are just concept arts and all games have sh!t ton of concept art which never makes it to the final game.

saying that DMC4 was "Unfinished" is an inaccurate.. it was rushed but not unfinished..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Ah **** i can't edit my post.. this guy makes a lot of assumptions that every boss should have a Devil arm..but if you follow the game you'd realize that Nero does not have the power to make devil arms like Dante.. yamato was already physically there and all Nero did was channel his energy through it.

and he is also making an assumption by saying that there were supposed to be multiple devil triggers.. when they are just concept arts and all games have sh!t ton of concept art which never makes it to the final game.

saying that DMC4 was "Unfinished" is an inaccurate.. it was rushed but not unfinished..
The devil arm thing aside, i do think they left out stuff on purpose, yes the art books Dt forms are concept but let me ask you this, why would you not implement a really good dt design in the game that is in your conceptart and go with a basic demon shadow behind nero's back as his only dt. Come on man thats baffling, its clear as daylight that yhey didnt have time for a new character model and just went ahead with a simple demonic cloak that was behind him, time saved game shipped for sale, and with that it can be speculated they cut alot more stuff, the backtracking and all that, dmc3 did have back tracking but only a little during the last segment only. And speaking of dmc3 why abandone dantes different dt forms with differwnt weapons it was in the previous game wasnt it? Simply put the game was rushed and a lot of stuff was left out...INCOMPLETE

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
One should also consider that DMC4 was bound with many technical difficulties, because it was first DMC game on new consoles and we all know how hard it was to code on PS3

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Why would you not implement a really good dt design in the game that is in your conceptart and go with a basic demon shadow behind nero's back as his only dt.
It may seem baffling to you but many good ideas go to the trash in the developing process... and i think it makes more logical sense that nero doesn't have a full DT because that leaves players guessing about Nero's powers some could say he's just a normal human being possessed by Nelo Angelo instead of being his weird abandoned son.

Saying that its incomplete would suggest that its broken and literally unfinished like resident evil 1.5.

Lord Dante

Forever waiting.
Despite the fact that the game was unfinished, I still loved it because of its combat and number of enemies the game dumps on you. One of my all time faves next to DMC3.

Looking forward to the Special Edition and, hopefully, DMC5.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Despite the fact that the game was unfinished, I still loved it because of its combat and number of enemies the game dumps on you. One of my all time faves next to DMC3.

Looking forward to the Special Edition and, hopefully, DMC5.

Speaking of number of enemies, do you have the PC version? Cause playing in Legendary Dark Knight mode is hellishly fun. Actually, I think it's the most fun difficulty mode in any DMC ever. Feels so good to exterminate an ocean of scarecrows on screen!

I hope for console players that DMC4 SE will include LDK.

Lord Dante

Forever waiting.
Speaking of number of enemies, do you have the PC version? Cause playing in Legendary Dark Knight mode is hellishly fun. Actually, I think it's the most fun difficulty mode in any DMC ever. Feels so good to exterminate an ocean of scarecrows on screen!

I hope for console players that DMC4 SE will include LDK.
Yeah, I played a bit of it at a friend's house.
Tons of fun. Perhaps the most beautifully crafted DMC game in the series. It's a pity it wasn't finished :/

I'm trying to save up for a PS4 now that this game convinced me to pick one up. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom