• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 4 was incomplete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

Sorry, couldn't help it. I saw huge walls of text from other users and started wondering what all the hubbub was about. If I see comments like those, I will voice my views on them. It wasn't a quote, so if he wants to reply, that's his problem. If he's ignoring me, I don't see the problem, unless people keep relaying everything I say to him. If they are, they should stop doing that. I'm not saying all that just for him, I'm pointing stuff out to the forum.

Who cares if he bashes games and people's opinions?
Who cares if he assaults people, because he makes them angry and then gets angrier himself because of their anger? Man, all of this just gets ignored because I can't find his old hateful comments -- due to many threads not even existing anymore and things being hard to find because there's like ten million comments spread out over friggin 5000 threads I need to pick the bad ones from. I'm not saying this hating happens often nowadays, in fact it's gotten a lot better. But that doesn't excuse the cases in which it happens.
I know you're thoughtful, Meg, I respect many of your views. I think we shouldn't let this get to our heads, but that said, I have the right to voice my opinion on it.
''Get thicker skin''... yeah, or just stop the hating (the source of the problems) - that would make the forum a whole lot less aggravating. Many people can't get thicker skin: that's the point, we all have boundaries, and sometimes they're crossed. That's not our problem, it's the haters' problem. As for reporting everything that's even slightly offensive, I'm not for that. That gives mods unnecessary amounts of work on their hands.

I didn't insult or anything, I'm just trying to show how his behavior is unnecessary and hateful/spiteful. Like Foxtrot said, it's not even always what he says, it's how he says it.

But carry on with the actual topic. My goal was to make one comment, not to get into an argument. None of us need to bring this stuff up again.
The staff is aware of how Chancey has acted in the past, so as I have told you before stop with your vendetta against him. It's disturbing. Believe it or not, I, as well as other staff members, like Chancey and consider him a good guy. Yes, he makes mistakes. Especially in the past. But here's the thing: it's in the past. He's gotten a lot better and that shows real maturity that I appreciate. Sometimes people mess up and then the staff talks to them about it. But here's the thing, it's the staff's job. Not yours. Report and then leave it alone. We really don't get that many reported posts. I see about one every few days. Reporting would give us less work that not reporting because then we don't have to scan the forums looking to see if there are any problems. Instead, we can just go right to the source.

So would everyone please report posts and then move with their lives?

On that note, I will say this again: insulting a game is not the same as insulting a person. I understand that what we like is tied closely to our identities. I totally get that it sucks to have things we love insulted. For instance, I love FFXIII's Lightning a lot. She's my favorite fictional character, bar none. However, I can still laugh at videos like this:

Even though they insult Lightning and people who like her. But I can still laugh at it because I'm not so dense that I can't laugh at the more absurd things that I like or am above laughing at myself. It's called having a thick skin. If you don't have one, get one. I used to be a lot more sensitive and weaker than I am now. So if you need help, PM me and I will pass on the knowledge my mentor gave me.

So I'm sick to death of certain people's attitudes here. This post isn't just aimed at Lord Nero because I know several members have it out for each other. I will say this: the staff can tell when people are just trying to get someone in trouble vs. when someone is actually way out of line. You aren't being crusaders gonna rid the forums of problematic members. You're being immature. Get over yourselves.

Warnings given out and thread locked because it seems people can't move on from this.

Dark Drakan

Admin
You know, those kind of despising comments shouldn't be made at all. Aside from all the hating BS, there are multiple ways to express an opinion. I can't stand Chancey's way (talking about him cause he made the comment in question here, I'm not saying he's the only one) of expressiong negative opinions, not because of butthurting and that kind of stuff, but because it makes the forum a lot less enjoyable, livable. I mean, it can't be possible that people (newcomers or not) need to be ""afraid"" of posting anything or opening threads because they already know there are gonna be some people ready to ruin the atmosphere with their way of posting comments. Negative opinions should be posted, yes, but if there is a polite way and an impolite one, why choose the latter?
If someone gets offended or annoyed by the uncordiality of a comment (regardless if he/she is insulted or not), nothing strange or wrong with it, it's normal.

Thought I would voice my thoughts on this. I understand critism is needed in some cases however just because you didn't enjoy something doesn't mean you HAVE to be compelled to make negative comments in the first place. If there are any games I played & didn't enjoy I would just stay out of topics about that game. No point going into every thread & saying something along the lines of "Well I thought it sucked." Just leave those that did enjoy it to talk & find a thread you are interested in.

Debates are welcomed but simply telling everyone how much you hated something over & over isn't productive for the forums so just don't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom