• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
No offense is a cool excuse. So no offense but if franchise completely tooks a path of DmC, it will be dead to me. Only as long as original spirit retains, I keep buying and supporting DMC franchise. So until than I just ride on DMC4 hype train.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
C'mon man, you cannot say that when there is just as much support for DmC around the 'net as there is for the rest of the series :/ Aaaanyway, it's in the past - let's be happy that there are things happening with the franchise, this means things are looking up. The sky's the limit, and considering how development can run between the two, there's absolutely no need to choose. Why would you even want them to choose?

DMC1 Dante plz? That's all I want :'( My favorite costume has become the anime version (DMC1 with Rebellion), despite how much I don't like the anime >.<
Maybe it depends where you go: there might be just an equal amount of support for DmC as there is for DMC in certain places, but not over the whole internet, I think. Anywhere you look... YouTube: an immense amount of likes for people who say they want DMC back. Reddit: an immense amount of likes to people who say they want DMC, not so much for people who want DmC. And then there's 4Chan and whichever forums... all filled with people who kind of liked DmC but would rather have DMC. And then there's what people ask for every time an online article comes out... people always reply 'DMC5 please'.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I would love it if both Devil May Crys could coexist. I'm just saying they might choose between the two, because they are Cr@pcom after all. I wouldn't put it past them.

Also, DMC1 Dante... yes. That outfit must be in DMC4 SE. If it's in DmC SE, it has to be. Well... I hope.

Last edited:

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
DMC1 Dante plz? That's all I want :'( My favorite costume has become the anime version (DMC1 with Rebellion), despite how much I don't like the anime >.<

In my opinion DMC1 costume gets enough love as is, it has appeared in

DMC1 (of course)
DMC3 Special Edition
DMC the anime
Viewtiful Joe
Project X Zone
Sengoku Basara

And most recently DmC is now getting the DMC1 costume, we have not seen DMC2 Dante's outfit since Shin Megami Tensei.

I just feel DMC1's outfit gets enough love and appearances, I would rather DMC2 Dante's outfit make a return.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I haven't been this hyped in a long time. The thought of costumes for Dante and Nero, and Vergil being playable (even IF he were just a replacement for Dante in Dante's 6 levels)... oooh man.

Dante with the DMC1 outfit, DMC2 outfit, and that black jacket outfit from the concept art,
+ Vergil with his moveset from DMC3 with extra moves, his coatless outfit, an extra Nero Angelo (and maybe Sparda) Devil Trigger and maybe re-done mocap? Nice. Still, I would love it if they'd somehow incorporate Vergil into the story by placing him into the game after Nero's story ends... if that'll work at all. That would make for a very special Special Edition.

Devil Player

Hey fellas, nice to see everyone again!!! I haven't posted here for a long, long time.

Yesterday I got surprised just like everyone else. So, I'm back now AND I got surprised by seeing the new layout for this forum. XD

Yeah, DmC fans and DMC fans are happy now! If you don't like one, support the other. If you like both ( like me ), then things are going to be intense and sexy. ;)

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Y'know, given what they did with Vergil in DmC, it's possible they could try implementing a pull system like Snatch and Hell's Highway into Vergil's repertoire to let him go through Nero's stuff.

Or perhaps they will just give him his own scenario a la Vergil's Downfall that actually explains things. I don't know why, but I'm beginning to think that just maybe that's their aim with DMC4se - to actually explain what we've all wanted explained for so long. What better way to explain how Vergil is Nero's father than by actually giving us a gameplay segment of how he came across someone he was okay with "sheathing his sword."

berto

I Saw the Devil
DMC1 (of course)
Viewtiful Joe
Personally I wouldn't count these. It's not really love for it when it's where it came from and VJ's Dante was there from the DMC1's staff since it was their game so I don't think there are other version of him in their eyes. It's also the only version of Dante that was available when they were making the game so even if they wanted to add other versions of him there weren't any.

On the topic. I think that Vergil is actually going to play his own story. If anyone here remembers the novel Vergil visited Fortuna the same night that Nero was left at the orphanage, leading to people thinking he was the son of a prostitute. I think that's where the Vergil part comes in, you get to play the events of what happened that night.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I feel like I still need to point out that the novel (as far as I know) isn't canon. Sure, Bingo wrote it, but it was a while after DMC4 was finished, and he had actually left Capcom.
Right now, it's totally up to Capcom what to make of Vergil and Nero's connection. For all we know, Vergil didn't actually have sex with any prostitute, but had some scientist create Nero from his own DNA or Sparda's somehow. I know, that's all not based on facts, but I'm just saying they can do with it whatever they like. Just because he was in Fortuna at some point doesn't mean he's actually Vergil's father... I mean, according to Capcom, Dante (and therefore Vergil) is still only 30 in DMC4, with Nero being 19.
That said, I do admit there's a chance Capcom screwed up the characters' ages in DMC4... and screwed up the symbolism... or Nero was supposed to be something different in the beginning. But anyway, it would still finally put to rest all the vagueness around Nero.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
@Darius Blackgrave: I'm wondering how exactly they're planning on having Vergil in Fortuna story wise.

Because he's going to be motivated to reclaim Yamato, but there's still a lot more to it than that.

Bare in mind that Nero kept Yamato until the end of DMC 4, so I assume his story wouldn't kick in until the end of DMC 4.
Looking forward to seeing how they approach it

You could say those are free costumes.
HAH!

Because most likely one of the continuity games hits next and wether it's dmC2 or DMC5 all hell will break loose.
Again? :whistle:

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
tumblr_lxtsquhcpd1r0q6x8o1_500.png

Please no Nero as Vergil's son. plzz

berto

I Saw the Devil
I feel like I still need to point out that the novel (as far as I know) isn't canon.

You are right, the details are off and events are not as the game so it's not canon, but that's not to say that the events in the novel never happened in the game's canon. There are a great deal of elements that we'll never know because those are things only the writers know. Since DmC is adding cutscenes and story maybe DMC4 will also be doing that.

Lord Dante

Forever waiting.
Maybe it depends where you go: there might be just an equal amount of support for DmC as there is for DMC in certain places, but not over the whole internet, I think. Anywhere you look... YouTube: an immense amount of likes for people who say they want DMC back. Reddit: an immense amount of likes to people who say they want DMC, not so much for people who want DmC. And then there's 4Chan and whichever forums... all filled with people who kind of liked DmC but would rather have DMC. And then there's what people ask for every time an online article comes out... people always reply 'DMC5 please'.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I would love it if both Devil May Crys could coexist. I'm just saying they might choose between the two, because they are Cr@pcom after all. I wouldn't put it past them.

Also, DMC1 Dante... yes. That outfit must be in DMC4 SE. If it's in DmC SE, it has to be. Well... I hope.

A lot of the peeps I talk to on GameFaqs love and support DMC.
Occasionally, we'll have 1 or 2 DmC supporters attempting to troll but they never last.... lol

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Wow. We get a remaster of both DmC and DMC4, and there's still a raging debate about which one is better than the other. Clearly, both the reboot and the original series carry the same weight of significance, because both were deemed worthy of a next-gen maxed-out edition.

So stop arguing about which one sells better, or which one's more popular...let's just enjoy them both. We're lucky we even GOT these, given how horrendous Capcom has treated its other franchises. You don't see Mega Man getting maxed out to 1080p with Special Edition edition goodies on a next-gen console.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Wow. We get a remaster of both DmC and DMC4, and there's still a raging debate about which one is better than the other. Clearly, both the reboot and the original series carry the same weight of significance, because both were deemed worthy of a next-gen maxed-out edition.

So stop arguing about which one sells better, or which one's more popular...let's just enjoy them both. We're lucky we even GOT these, given how horrendous Capcom has treated its other franchises. You don't see Mega Man getting maxed out to 1080p with Special Edition edition goodies on a next-gen console.
*Sigh*... only that's not what the debate was about... though I'm sure you would like to think it was some kind of d*ck measuring contest. It was about which of the two (DmC or DMC) people most wanted to see continue.

Anyway, can't wait for DMC4 SE. I hope they'll come out with more news very soon, though I guess it's not likely considering the release period of summer 2015.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

............MegaMan
tumblr_mthwevjMLI1qjx493o3_250.gif

Top Bottom