• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DEVIL MAY CRY 4-S RANKING JOURNEY

MKH Spartan

upper slash em up aerial rave jc and spiral swords and finish off with a killer bee jc and a helm splitter and ya cant go wrong
Lolz, I was meaning the second hit of the move, it's the bad part. Fortunately you can do what you said there and avoid having to deal with the bad frames on the second slash.

I think it is because the second hit knocks them back so far that to compensate for that it has bad recovery frames, the problem is if there is more than one enemy around, it takes too long to cancel from the second hit into an evade like Darkslayer, jump etc and often results in getting hit if not careful.

Course, it won't knock back a DTed opponent, both hits might be a lot more usable on difficulties where your opponents don't DT all day lol (but where's the fun in that?).

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Lolz, I was meaning the second hit of the move, it's the bad part. Fortunately you can do what you said there and avoid having to deal with the bad frames on the second slash.

I think it is because the second hit knocks them back so far that to compensate for that it has bad recovery frames, the problem is if there is more than one enemy around, it takes too long to cancel from the second hit into an evade like Darkslayer, jump etc and often results in getting hit if not careful.

Course, it won't knock back a DTed opponent, both hits might be a lot more usable on difficulties where your opponents don't DT all day lol (but where's the fun in that?).

So do the first hit and aerial rave and then back dash with darkslayer lol

MKH Spartan

So do the first hit and aerial rave and then back dash with darkslayer lol
Works yeah, but I would often instead of doing Trick Down, I would do Trick Up while switching to Beowulf and follow up with a Starfall, leaving me next to the ground opponent with Beowulf equipped, where I would then set up some Beowulf combos.

Fact is the first hit of the move is fine, I would just buff the second hit so it doesn't feel so outclassed by the other options available.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Works yeah, but I would often instead of doing Trick Down, I would do Trick Up while switching to Beowulf and follow up with a Starfall, leaving me next to the ground opponent with Beowulf equipped, where I would then set up some Beowulf combos.

Fact is the first hit of the move is fine, I would just buff the second hit so it doesn't feel so outclassed by the other options available.

second move is handy if you wanna taunt the enemy gives you the space to do so

MKH Spartan

second move is handy if you wanna taunt the enemy gives you the space to do so
Oh yea, it all depends on the circumstances at the time, there is usually no "This is always the best option in every situation move" lolz, I just usually go for continuing my offense on DMD while I can (as the enemies don't usually just sit around and watch), only time I usually back off is set-up a group Judgement Cut for mass knock-downs on DTed enemies.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Lol, unfair is this (cue a link to the chessboard on VMD lol).

**** that chessboard, the only thing in the game to get me genuinely annoyed on DMD/VMD.

guess ill find out i actually find thatt one of the more fun parts of dmc3 that and the hallway full of them can you say judgement cut lol

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Oh yea, it all depends on the circumstances at the time, there is usually no "This is always the best option in every situation move" lolz, I just usually go for continuing my offense on DMD while I can (as the enemies don't usually just sit around and watch), only time I usually back off is set-up a group Judgement Cut for mass knock-downs on DTed enemies.

Smart move one that i will def use thats a always do this move with vergil and a group of dt enemies judgemet cut lol

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
on vmd with vergil just stay in the air and use your spiral,swords wisely you have invincibility frames when you jum or trick so i fight in the air and jc everything on vmd it makes the game so much easier i love jcing rave and killer bee against beowolf and cerberus and using helm splitter jc in dt mode against a downed geryon

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
on vmd with vergil just stay in the air and use your spiral,swords wisely you have invincibility frames when you jum or trick so i fight in the air and jc everything on vmd it makes the game so much easier i love jcing rave and killer bee against beowolf and cerberus and using helm splitter jc in dt mode against a downed geryon

Love the beowulf now finally figured out how to make him look stupid using vergil properly hate when he starts running around ruins all the fun lol

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
get behind him when he runs and you will get free hits in if you plan to learn to jc id suggest using x as your jump button so uou can slide your thumb accross x and y to jc the rave and killer b and helmsplitter

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
get behind him when he runs and you will get free hits in if you plan to learn to jc id suggest using x as your jump button so uou can slide your thumb accross x and y to jc the rave and killer b and helmsplitter

x as jump is gunna trip me out but ill try and how do you stay behind him to get in any decent hits he doesnt exactly stroll around like berial lol

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
use the tricks to your advantage and he stays still when he is dropping the cages other than that just attack his head repeatedly and x is easier to jc with as otherwise you will be pressing a and y to jc and you will have to get the right timing and use two fingers instead of habing to just slide your thumb accross x and y tis,up to you what ya use bud you can get use to x easy enough or try it with the default controls

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
use the tricks to your advantage and he stays still when he is dropping the cages other than that just attack his head repeatedly and x is easier to jc with as otherwise you will be pressing a and y to jc and you will have to get the right timing and use two fingers instead of habing to just slide your thumb accross x and y tis,up to you what ya use bud you can get use to x easy enough or try it with the default controls

can you attack him while hes dropping those cages and not get hit by them?

Top Bottom