• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DEVIL MAY CRY 4-S RANKING JOURNEY

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Soooo atm i am running through devil may cry 4 in human mode s ranking for the achievements i will update this thread as i go along and probably ask for any hints or tips along the way:)

so far i have s ranked
HUMAN MODE
mission 1 mission 7 mission 13
mission 2 mission 8 mission 14
mission 3 mission 9 mission 15
mission 4 mission 10 mission 16
mission 5 mission 11
mission 6 mission 12

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
u wnt need much advice to s rank human or devil hunter mode dude but for sos and dmd learn to jump cancel and learn distortion and to exploit lucifer :)

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
u wnt need much advice to s rank human or devil hunter mode dude but for sos and dmd learn to jump cancel and learn distortion and to exploit lucifer :)

See im not good at jump cancelling lol and whats distortion????and lucifer is good but idk if its something im going to depend on

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
OK so once again life has decided to seriously **** me off!!!! bah okay so updated journey all missions in human mode except for 18 are now s ranked also i should have all the secret missions completed however does not seem to be the case as the game has not given me my achievement :( can anyone help me i did the last 4 i needed by going into the level and doing them and then saving and quiting do they still count doing it that way or?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
If anyone can look into this more i would appreciate it i am loath to go back through the game and redo the secret missions again but have them all done i have checked the total ranking but i still dont have the achievement:(

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
To see if these secret missions are completed, there should be proof of that in the Total Ranking menu.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Just to add I meant Mission 20 not the last secret mission. I couldn't edit my post for some reason.

I did mission 20 twice last night trying to s rank it go it on the second try then went back and tried doing some of the secret missions over still nothing:(

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Sorry then I don't know.

As far as S ranking goes I'd try and get through on DMD first or at least buy all the skills and health/D.T upgrades. DMC4 is quite lenient with it's grading and it actually get's easier the harder the difficulty (technically) for example 9 times out of 10 if you beat a level on DMD without using items or continues you will S rank it regardless of damage taken etc.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
also the quicker you beat the levels helps the rank too

Sorry then I don't know.

As far as S ranking goes I'd try and get through on DMD first or at least buy all the skills and health/D.T upgrades. DMC4 is quite lenient with it's grading and it actually get's easier the harder the difficulty (technically) for example 9 times out of 10 if you beat a level on DMD without using items or continues you will S rank it regardless of damage taken etc.

Yah i already figured that so im really happy to hear thats the case and i really appreciate the tips guys im really not that bad at all at dmc i swear lol jc i need to learn(as im sure others do) and getting certain moves down to perfect timing take practice but all in all i wreck dmc 4 lol ill have to post a vid at some point ohhh bonus i just got the hang of pandora lol good god that weapon is a god send lol

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Yah i already figured that so im really happy to hear thats the case and i really appreciate the tips guys im really not that bad at all at dmc i swear lol jc i need to learn(as im sure others do) and getting certain moves down to perfect timing take practice but all in all i wreck dmc 4 lol ill have to post a vid at some point ohhh bonus i just got the hang of pandora lol good god that weapon is a god send lol

JCs aren't so bad, there isn't really much info about them anywhere so people just assume you press Jump then whatever but that's not always the case so they're not necessarily failing because they can't do it but because that certain move in that certain situation doesn't really work well and players end up thinking they are not very good which isn't the case.
The hardest thing about JCing is knowing the synergy between moves and how they effect Dante/Nero and the enemy as well as the techniques that go with it like double weapon switching, once you get used to that it's fairly easy.
I'll look forward to any uploads you do :)

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
JCs aren't so bad, there isn't really much info about them anywhere so people just assume you press Jump then whatever but that's not always the case so they're not necessarily failing because they can't do it but because that certain move in that certain situation doesn't really work well and players end up thinking they are not very good which isn't the case.
The hardest thing about JCing is knowing the synergy between moves and how they effect Dante/Nero and the enemy as well as the techniques that go with it like double weapon switching, once you get used to that it's fairly easy.
I'll look forward to any uploads you do :)

Thanks the first couple might be rough lol but ill try and make sure they look stylish atleast lol word of warning i am a pandora junkie lol love that weapon

Top Bottom