• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Defend It - DmC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
. I mean, the thing came out almost three years ago. No one is going to convince anyone to change their minds at this point.

Silliness! Silliness everywhere!

My thoughts exactly when I read the thread title.

Its exactly the reason why I'm not active around here anymore, this type of crap just never ends so long as we have those "certain members" who wish for this never ending feud to never desist whether it be the flamers of the game who hate it to the moon and back or the defenders who "defend" it with their heart and soul with insults and sarcasm, it just drives people away from discussions and I just wish to not have any part in it anymore.

Later guys until the next time I decide to drop another post in this part of the forum, it may be a while.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Didn't read, but I can assume what this thread consist of
Dante.jpg

Meg

My thoughts exactly when I read the thread title.

Its exactly the reason why I'm not active around here anymore, this type of crap just never ends so long as we have those "certain members" who wish for this never ending feud to never desist whether it be the flamers of the game who hate it to the moon and back or the defenders who "defend" it with their heart and soul with insults and sarcasm, it just drives people away from discussions and I just wish to not have any part in it anymore.

Later guys until the next time I decide to drop another post in this part of the forum, it may be a while.
It's sad. I can't be bothered to post much anymore either. I haven't for awhile now.

But I also don't want to be a dictator and tell people they can't talk about this anymore. I wish people would just let it go and talk about something else, but I know that's not going to happen. *sigh*

Didn't mean to bring down the thread with my pessimism. Carry on, everyone.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Didn't read, but I can assume what this thread consist of
Dante.jpg

Should be considered "the norm" by now, whenever DmC is thrown into the discussion.

Look, the point of this thread wasn't to bicker and stick up for the game. It was just putting up some game review/analysis of the game. It's like many people have said already, you either like it or you don't. It's not the be all and end all.

And as for the whole 'DmC put the nail in the coffin' thing, well...I'm pretty sure that the coffin already had a bad case of woodworm long before DmC got developed. I never really understood the big problem with it (DmC that is). I mean, obviously it was going to get blasted by both barrels, but did it really need the stick of dynamite shoved up its backside?

It's easy to criticise something and be biased. We're all biased. And nobody ever said you can't be that way towards DmC. Because, it's not the holy grail. But DmC never took anything away from DMC. Matter of fact, it probably never stood a chance of calling itself a true DMC game, because of the amount of backlash it received. It doesn't call itself a continuation of the series. It's established as a reboot.

There's a fine point to be made here, and it's understanding why people do and don't like things. Difference is the answer. If you like the game, then great. If you don't like the game, no problem. What else is there to understand? What I don't understand is why you guys all just pick a side that plays to how you think, and you don't care to hear what someone else has to say. You can't have a mature discussion if you don't want to listen to other people's points and value their opinion. It's not the disagreeing with someone that's the issue, it's the accepting that they don't feel the same way about something as you do. And that's a little bit disappointing that after all these years, there's still some of you that fail to grasp that.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I just love the way you try to make yourself look like the bigger person, while simultaneously taking shots at the DmC fanbase.

I instead love how you totally misunderstood that. That post you quoted was not meant to "shoot at the DmC fanbase". It was meant to be lighthearted.

Have we really become so bitter that anything said is seen as something to poke on someone?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I just love the way you try to make yourself look like the bigger person, while simultaneously taking shots at the DmC fanbase.

That was pretty unwarranted. Foxtrot usually makes a lot of points and reasons whenever the subject concerns comparing DMC-DmC. Anyway, that part isn't the problem. These types of comments don't help. They actually refuel the fire. Don't complain about flaming, if you're not going to keep from doing it yourself. As like the Staff have said many times already now, reports won't be taken seriously if both sides are behaving the same.

Jack500

I instead love how you totally misunderstood that. That post you quoted was not meant to "shoot at the DmC fanbase". It was meant to be lighthearted.

Have we really become so bitter that anything said is seen as something to poke on someone?

Yeah sure it was.

It's actually quit clever, it implies the DMC fanbase is better than the DmC fanbase, while leaving you just enough room to wiggle out of any accusations. Well played

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah sure it was.

It's actually quit clever, it implies the DMC fanbase is better than the DmC fanbase, while leaving you just enough room to wiggle out of any accusations. Well played

See, that's how you chose to look at it. That though doesn't mean it's true.

Seriously, stop the BS. There are people here who like or even love DmC I am friend with: absolitude, Erian1Mortal, LordOfDarkness, AgentRedgrave, heck, even DragonMaster.

What I did is I took DM's post and, since I know he's had a hard time with the fanbase recently, tried to kinda cheer him up by saying that DMC4 Dante was like "whatever" in that pic to sorta tell him "Nah man, do like him and shrug it off". The post was directed at him solely, not the DmC fanbase.

You're doing the same crap Chancey tried a couple pages ago, stop it, doesn't work, one can see through it you know.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
People will take the smallest of things and make sure they're blown completely out of proportion. Please, @Jack500, cease and desist. There's no point in continuing this pointless argument. If you really want to see something in whatever way you do, fine. But don't go and make assumptions that could be false, and this case probably are. I'm quite sure the comment was aimed at how DMC 4 Dante was just kind of shrugging off the explosion. It was meant to be whimsical, nothing more. The mere fact that a picture that somebody added into this thread, which held no real meaning to the original point of this topic, more so just to say that it was probably filled with arguments - which is the case - is actually being used to further argue about people's stances over a videogame.

Seriously, enough already. Some of you have got to let this stuff drop. It's becoming so boring to read on a daily basis now.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
People will take the smallest of things and make sure they're blown completely out of proportion.

Jee, really. I'm pretty sure DragonMaster won't take it like that once he gets back online, and if he does, he can read forward and see what I wanted to say.

I'm quite sure the comment was aimed at how DMC 4 Dante was just kind of shrugging off the explosion.

So the message was conveyed. The sad part is that the purpose of my post has been completely defetead by what followed after it. Holy mother of all Xenomorphs.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
So the message was conveyed. The sad part is that the purpose of my post has been completely defeated by what followed after it. Holy mother of all Xenomorphs.

I typed up my post before I even looked at yours, and not surprised that I got the message behind it all.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Sorry but DmC isn't Big Lebowski. It isn't Fight Club. Its not Seven. It's not even early Indiana Jones. DmC lacks qualities that could put its story on the same level as absolute gems in filmography or even in games. I may dislike Witcher storytelling, but its storytelling miles beyond what DmC is. Simply told, you can't take B rated story and try to shoehorn it into highest standards of literature. And yes lot of people it appears hated original Dante. Yet lot of people hated new one as well. So in the end it is matter of preference, what you like more japanese or western B-Camp. But it doesn't make western B-Camp any more competent by default.

In no way was I talking about The Big Lebowski, Fight Club, Seven, Indiana Jones, absolute gems, B-Camp, or even DmC. I was talking about concrete concepts of storytelling, and how you can't just wave them away as "personal preference." Try to keep up, will yah?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
In no way was I talking about The Big Lebowski, Fight Club, Seven, Indiana Jones, absolute gems, B-Camp, or even DmC. I was talking about concrete concepts of storytelling, and how you can't just wave them away as "personal preference." Try to keep up, will yah?
I already responded to it in my Wolf's post so at least read before responding. Plot holes, inconsistencies and contradiction prevent DmC from being decent written game. You can't fill all checkboxes in any narrative techniques and expect it to be good just because you did. Otherwise any idiot could be a plot writer. Especially when connection between them are lacklustre to say the least.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I already responded to it in my Wolf's post so at least read before responding. Plot holes, inconsistencies and contradiction prevent DmC from being decent written game. You can't fill all checkboxes in any narrative techniques and expect it to be good just because you did. Otherwise any idiot could be a plot writer. Especially when connection between them are lacklustre to say the least.

If you think there's no character development, then I'm not entirely sure you were ever paying attention. And what plot holes are there? Gotta cite your sources man, be scholarly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom