• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Defend It - DmC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Oh brother...Will you two just knock it on the head already? I'm becoming pretty sick and tired of reading these nonstop attack and defend posts that everybody seems so reluctant to be participating in lately.

I'm not going to defend DmC just because I like it. I also wouldn't say that it's perfect. The story could have been better, and some things were out of place. This is where I agree with Innsmouth. Now on the other hand, let's flip the coin around and observe DMC. The whole plot is a jumbled up mess. Confusing timeline, contradiction back and forth between games-manga-anime-you freakin' name it. Nothing makes DMC's story any better, but nothing makes DmC's leagues ahead of DMC's. Let's be reasonable here.

Vergilius said:
That's not going to happen

You've been told off before about getting involved with comments like this. Don't get yourself tied in with what's happening.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
No one said DmC's story was leagues ahead.

TWOx did (don't worry my double pistoled friend, I'm not quoting your post to question you, just to correct Vergilius):

I can sure as hell tell you that DmC is levels above the classic.

So, LOD's point stands about DMC's being headache inducing and DmC's that could have been better, having some parts that don't make much sense.

Threads over threads have been made about it in the past.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
TWOx did (don't worry my double pistoled friend, I'm not quoting your post to question you, just to correct Vergilius):

So, LOD's point stands.
You're taking his quote out of context. He's talking about to storytelling structure of DmC compared to the jumbled, flawed mess of a narrative as seen in the originals.

And he's not wrong. TwoX does actually have an idea of what he's talking about here you know, and I'm not just saying that as his friend. He's a great writer, and you know, actually goes to school for this kind of stuff.

*hopes TwoX sempai will notice me*

Whether or not you think the story is great is entirely up to you, but there's no denying that the latest game still has a competent narrative. Simple as that.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Vergilius: No you're right, I get that. I just put a little bit of emphasis on it when I said "leagues ahead of". It's okay to criticise both about their storylines, because neither is 'greater' than the other. Yeah there might be a bit more structure in how DmC's story is built up, but there are a lot of unexplained points that remain from it. Same can be said about DMC.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
@Vergilius: No you're right, I get that. I just put a little bit of emphasis on it when I said "leagues ahead of". It's okay to criticise both about their storylines, because neither is 'greater' than the other. Yeah there might be a bit more structure in how DmC's story is built up, but there are a lot of unexplained points that remain from it. Same can be said about DMC.
What kind of unexplained points dude? You kinda have to consider this game is kinda setting itself up for sequels so a few points in the narrative are left open on purpose.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Chancey289
???

I know he was comparing DmC to DMC. It's pretty clear. That's why I corrected Vergilius by quoting him.

I dunno what you're talking about when you say I took it "out of context", so you might want to explain yourself.

Dark Drakan

Admin
This is always going to go around in circles as its all based on preferences, perspective and opinions and no point arguing about any of them...

IMG_1521.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom