• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's DT

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I don't know what the color blue means but the red definitely represents heroes. In God of War, Kratos' tattoos were supposed to be blue. Then they changed them to red for that reason - because he's a hero;)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I will chill. Now i said that when Kamiya made Dante the white hair in Japanese stories influenced him. That white hair meant a demon had possessed the person. But in a DMC context white hair does not mean your possessed by a demon, and neither is it the source of power of Dante's demonic power. The source is his father Sparda.

chocolatepanda

But in a DMC context white hair does not mean your possessed by a demon, and neither is it the source of power of Dante's demonic power. The source is his father Sparda.

About the Hair color are you trying to say itss genetic as in Sparda had white hair?

Railazel

Since you know so much about Japanese things what does the color blue represent? Since red is the color of a hero.

Really there is no definite symbolism with how colors are attributed in Japan. For instance, Red in Japanese Noh (theatre/plays) is attributed to young girls and light blue is attributed to a person with a quick- tempermant, dark blue being for an extroverted person. So, if Kamiya were to design his ideas off that, Dante would be wearing blue instead of red. In the same way, Lady, since she wears white, would be royalty; though yellow used to be the color of royalty back in Japan's imperial days. So there's no real definition of how colors are used in Japan.

About the Hair color are you trying to say itss genetic as in Sparda had white hair?
You never knew? Sparda had white hair when he was human, Dante and Vergil inherited that.

Railazel

I just assumed that he did since I've never seen Sparda in his human form.
That's a shocker, everybody in this forum basically knows DMC in and out to some degree. For a person to not know what Sparda looked like is like a person looking at their hand for the first time after just realizing that they had one.

I'm not making fun of you, its just that... you're a rarity.

Here's his human form and demon form (gruesome looking aint it?)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Yes, that's what i am saying:
DMC_Graphic_Edition_Sparda_Family.jpg

10908-467075-20090307200516.jpg

chocolatepanda

Nevermind i lied i've seen that character i just thought it was a different outfit for Dante since Vergil had a similar outfit in DMC 3.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
DT is a gameplay term yes. The word "awaken" is used to describe Dante managing to activate his demon form. This is what Dante did after Vergil stabbed him in DMC 3: Dante's Awakening. The colour red can be assosciated with love, murder, war.... and demons. White hair has nothing to do with demon powers.

You do have to keep in mind that in the DMC universe, white hair is a trait inherent to Sparda and his sons. No young human has white hair. Well, unless he/she is albino.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
You do have to keep in mind that in the DMC universe, white hair is a trait inherent to Sparda and his sons. No young human has white hair. Well, unless he/she is albino.
I know Dante, Vergil and Nero are special because few humans have white hair - but what's your point with pointing out that they have rare hair colour?

chocolatepanda

Since its been completely cleared up that his hair color has nothing to do with his demonic power how about more thoughts on the DT. Sound like plan?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I know Dante, Vergil and Nero are special because few humans have white hair - but what's your point with pointing out that they have rare hair colour?

Just making clear that it's something that only Sparda and his family has.

As for the DT, chocolatepanda, I've already said my piece.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Just making clear that it's something that only Sparda and his family has.
Yeah, that's true. But as i said before i think Hideki made their hair white to make japanese players familiar with the idea that Dante is similar to a human possessed by a demon.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
And NT's as well, if we assume that the white hair the new Dante attains in his state is allusion to a supposed unlocking of some Demon mode.
Railazel your a well oriented person are you not? You told me that this whole "white hair demon powers" issue has been discuessed before.

Now allow me to enlighteen you since your saying DT idea is from NT. The white hair and red jacket Devil trigger is something MANY people have said "It's Capcom doing". And the fact that DmC world has a british standpoint is not helping the whole "Maybe NT thought of japanese folklore". And whoever responsible for the idea - i don't think many people would like white hair and red jacket as THE Devil trigger.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
i don't think many people would like white hair and red jacket as THE Devil trigger.

I'd much rather have it as a unlockable outfit.

A actual DEMON form would be MUCH better IMO.

I also would like it if this DT did more than just launch enemies in the air and slowdown time.

Railazel

Railazel your a well oriented person are you not? You told me that this whole "white hair demon powers" issue has been discuessed before.

Now allow me to enlighteen you since your saying DT idea is from NT. The white hair and red jacket Devil trigger is something MANY people have said "It's Capcom doing". And the fact that DmC world has a british standpoint is not helping the whole "Maybe NT thought of japanese folklore". And whoever responsible for the idea - i don't think many people would like white hair and red jacket as THE Devil trigger.

Yes I am, thank you for pointing that out. Now what I'm saying isn't completely radical here, just a thought, an assumption, my friend. Now, I've been saying that this new form or whatever isn't a DT and I'm not changing that until I'm proven wrong, I'm just saying that NT could be alluding to the original purpose of Dante having white hair if this new form happens to be something from his demonic lineage. In which case, I give kudos to NT for at least give the Original franchise that much.

And I would like to ask when did I tell you that this has been discussed before? If it needed my telling, then you must've missed something because this discussion has been going around since the first DmC trailer. What I have said is that everyone has repeated what I said in the beginning of this thread.

Top Bottom