• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's DT

chocolatepanda

I dont think anybody in the series would actually say devil trigger the would say things like "my power" or something like that. Agnus from DMC4 is the only person i can see actually saying devil trigger because he's a scientist.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
So the DT is a gameplay term right. So when dante gets white hair and red aura, its just an awakening. A much lower level but still an upgrade in power. So the upgrade could be both angelic and demonic. Thats just what I think.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
So the DT is a gameplay term right. So when dante gets white hair and red aura, its just an awakening. A much lower level but still an upgrade in power. So the upgrade could be both angelic and demonic. Thats just what I think.
i agree with this ^

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
DT is a gameplay term yes. The word "awaken" is used to describe Dante managing to activate his demon form. This is what Dante did after Vergil stabbed him in DMC 3: Dante's Awakening. The colour red can be assosciated with love, murder, war.... and demons. White hair has nothing to do with demon powers.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
DT is a gameplay term yes. The word "awaken" is used to describe Dante managing to activate his demon form. This is what Dante did after Vergil stabbed him in DMC 3: Dante's Awakening. The colour red can be assosciated with love, murder, war.... and demons. White hair has nothing to do with demon powers.
Red can be associated with anything thats red. And maybe his aura is red because of his demonic powers and maybe his angelic side keeps him in the air.

Ps I still dislike the dt mechanic in DmC

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Red can be associated with anything thats red. And maybe his aura is red because of his demonic powers and maybe his angelic side keeps him in the air.

Ps I still dislike the dt mechanic in DmC
Red has MANY assosciations. I just mentioned some that people would be familiar with.

Railazel

White Hair is a sign of demonic possession in Japan, that's why Dante has white hair (because he's part- demon/ carries a demonic soul).

May I note that this conversation has sort of repeated alot of the things that I had said in the beginning.

Railazel

I know, I'm just joking. Though it is entertaining to see people come up with basically the same ideas as me. I believe that we might actually be right and this is how Dante's DT will inevitably be.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
White Hair is a sign of demonic possession in Japan, that's why Dante has white hair (because he's part- demon/ carries a demonic soul).

May I note that this conversation has sort of repeated alot of the things that I had said in the beginning.
White hair is a sign of demonic possesion IN Japan, not Europe, not UK and certainly not DMC world.
In DMC story there has not ONCE been stated that the white hair of Dante and Nero is because they are possessed by a demon. They are not posessed, Nero is using Vergil's demon powers and Dante is using his own demonic powers.

The reason why Dante has white hair has nothing to do with the story. And therefor it's not the reason for Dante's demon powers. The reason is SPARDA. SPARDA was the source of his demonic powers not white hair.

You may note that if you don't want to discuss a topic more - you can just simply not reply to it. If noone replies to a post it will slowly but surely die. And when it dies it will be gone.

And you should go watch TV if you want to be entertained. King of Queens.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
hmmm well maybe when kamiya was creating dante he was influenced by the japanese mythology that white hair represents demon possesion even though it is not mentioned in the dmc world. just a thought.

Railazel

White hair is a sign of demonic possesion IN Japan, not Europe, not UK and certainly not DMC world.
In DMC story there has not ONCE been stated that the white hair of Dante and Nero is because they are possessed by a demon. They are not posessed, Nero is using Vergil's demon powers and Dante is using his own demonic powers.

The reason why Dante has white hair has nothing to do with the story. And therefor it's not the reason for Dante's demon powers. The reason is SPARDA. SPARDA was the source of his demonic powers not white hair.

You may note that if you don't want to discuss a topic more - you can just simply not reply to it. If noone replies to a post it will slowly but surely die. And when it dies it will be gone.

And you should go watch TV if you want to be entertained. King of Queens.
Chill Bro, I was just making an observation, its not like I was saying anything serious, I wasn't trying to be cocky either I just thought it was nice seeing people come to the same conclusions as I did. And Choco's right, Kamiya made Dante's hair white because of Japan's mythical beliefs, he also made Dante's coat red because in Japan red is the color of the hero (watch super sentai warriors).

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Chill Bro, I was just making an observation, its not like I was saying anything serious, I wasn't trying to be cocky either I just thought it was nice seeing people come to the same conclusions as I did. And Choco's right, Kamiya made Dante's hair white because of Japan's mythical beliefs, he also made Dante's coat red because in Japan red is the color of the hero (watch super sentai warriors).
man im learning alot from you :)

Railazel

man im learning alot from you :)

Want to learn something else? Haven't you ever wondered why the Devil Trigger is called Devil Trigger, when it could've been called Demon Form, Mode, State, or whatever? Its because it was originally intended for Dante's demonic powers to stem from the weapons that he gets, his demonic blood being the "trigger" for those powers to manifest themselves. Basically, Dante is the "Trigger" for the "Devil," get it? :D

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Want to learn something else? Haven't you ever wondered why the Devil Trigger is called Devil Trigger, when it could've been called Demon Form, Mode, State, or whatever? Its because it was originally intended for Dante's demonic powers to stem from the weapons that he gets, his demonic blood being the "trigger" for those powers to manifest themselves. Basically, Dante is the "Trigger" for the "Devil," get it? :D
that's one thing i did know, but its very neat to learn things like this :)

Top Bottom