• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's DT

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
I don't know what the color blue means but the red definitely represents heroes. In God of War, Kratos' tattoos were supposed to be blue. Then they changed them to red for that reason - because he's a hero;)
That hero brought absolute chaos to the world to accomplish is vengeance and after brought hope. Also, he don't mind killing innocent people to advance in some level. Kratos is anything but a hero. Badass is acceptable.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
That hero brought absolute chaos to the world to accomplish is vengeance and after brought hope. Also, he don't mind killing innocent people to advance in some level. Kratos is anything but a hero. Badass is acceptable.

I meant the term hero in narration. The protagonist if you prefer. He doesn't have to be a savior and all that. ;)

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
READ
http://forums.devilmaycry.org/threads/new-interview.9963/

Thats the topic that contains the latest interview from NT confirming that this form is indeed his DT.
NT may have said dantes transformation is his DT, but that doesn't mean its Dantes demon form. NT have also said many times that the hair will be explained in the game. So Dantes transformation could be anything they want it to be and NT calling it a DT is just a common word to used in dmc. If they wanted too, they could call it something else but because some fans are touchy when it comes to messing with changes in dmc, its best to call dantes "rage" mode DT.
The DT in DmC seems like a late added feature to please fans, which I think was the wrong way to add the classic look. Like I said before, NT may have had plans to gradually change dantes hair white, but capcom may have had a hand in on making the change so obvious.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Seriously why do DmC supporters always call non supporters ignorants, touchy, ragers, haters etc?

You want me to tell you what the people who rage are? They are people who KNOWS what they want. And it's not the "same old" DMC. They want same old DMC gameplay, Dante, etc PLUS new innovating gameplay or other. But i guess it's so easy to say "You guys just want the same old game over and over again".

DT means Devil trigger. And it's the gameplay term of Dante's demon form from what i understand.
If DT is not DT then don't call it DT. Just call it "Action Trigger", "Rage Trigger", "Punk Trigger", "Slow Trigger".
Fans know what they want to see, and if you call me and others for "touchy" then you don't know much about what your talking about.

Seriously if DmC is a game that is supposed to be completely different then why are you all DmC supporters not critizing Capcom and Ninja theory for messing around with those who wanted DMC sequel?
The reason is simple: Sales...

I know i have ranted towards you WallenB but my intention is not to be mean to you. I am just saying that i am a bit tired of people who don't like DmC much are being portrayed as bad. And also though DmC is Y and DMC is X Capcom and Ninja theory is using DMC stuff to make people buy DmC (gameplay excluded).

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Seriously why do DmC supporters always call non supporters ignorants, touchy, ragers, haters etc?

You want me to tell you what the people who rage are? They are people who KNOWS what they want. And it's not the "same old" DMC. They want same old DMC gameplay, Dante, etc PLUS new innovating gameplay or other. But i guess it's so easy to say "You guys just want the same old game over and over again".

DT means Devil trigger. And it's the gameplay term of Dante's demon form from what i understand.
If DT is not DT then don't call it DT. Just call it "Action Trigger", "Rage Trigger", "Punk Trigger", "Slow Trigger".
Fans know what they want to see, and if you call me and others for "touchy" then you don't know much about what your talking about.

Seriously if DmC is a game that is supposed to be completely different then why are you all DmC supporters not critizing Capcom and Ninja theory for messing around with those who wanted DMC sequel?

I know i have ranted towards you WallenB but my intention is not to be mean to you. I am just saying that i am a bit tired of people who don't like DmC much are being portrayed as bad. And also though DmC is Y and DMC is X Capcom and Ninja theory is using DMC stuff to make people buy DmC (gameplay excluded).

PROPS!!

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon

^^ thats what I mean. Touchy.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
So because you say we are touchy - it means we are?
I said we know what we want. So let me guess your more right than me?

Great logic there.
by we, i mean any fan of anything really. Im a dmc fan and there are things i disapprove of about the new game.
if you think chsnging the term dt will go over nicely with the dmc fans, i think you might find that your very wrong. Even though DmC is set in a parallel universe, fans would still be upset.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
^^ thats what I mean. Touchy.

Well geee,

It sure must be nice to be able to set back and just accept ALL changes.

I mean, I myself try to be open minded but I still know what I would like to see and will not set back and just "accept things" if they are not to my liking.

But hey, it must be nice huh....

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
by we, i mean any fan of anything really. Im a dmc fan and there are things i disapprove of about the new game.
if you think chsnging the term dt will go over nicely with the dmc fans, i think you might find that your very wrong. Even though DmC is set in a parallel universe, fans would still be upset.
Like i said fans know what they want. And i have observed MANY people saying "I will play the game but that guy is NOT Dante" or "If his name wasn't Dante he would be ok".

If they call it something else of course fans will be annoyed. But in first place they should deliver a Devil Trigger.
Because that's what fans WANT.

You said i am touchy. You also said "Changing the term from DT to something else won't stop people from complaining". I am ONE of many, and i will say :

If they change the term i will say "Cool".

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Like i said fans know what they want. And i have observed MANY people saying "I will play the game but that guy is NOT Dante" or "If his name wasn't Dante he would be ok".

If they call it something else of course fans will be annoyed. But in first place they should deliver a Devil Trigger.
Because that's what fans WANT.

You said i am touchy. You also said "Changing the term from DT to something else won't stop people from complaining". I am ONE of many, and i will say :

If they change the term i will say "Cool".
i say cool too because to me the transformation has nothing to do with his demon powers since now dante has both and angelic. Nt saying dt to me is misleading but again the term dt is only a gameplay mechanic so saying dt is really just refering to a button on the controller

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
DT is the gameplay term of demon form. If Dante has a demon form in story, then there should be a demon form in gameplay in form of DT.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Well geee,

It sure must be nice to be able to set back and just accept ALL changes.

I mean, I myself try to be open minded but I still know what I would like to see and will not set back and just "accept things" if they are not to my liking.

But hey, it must be nice huh....
it is really nice when refering to video game content and new releases. The more the marrier.

chocolatepanda

They never said that he doesn't have a transformation. I think its something that they must have if they dont have one its pretty much a step back or a few steps back possibly many.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
They never said that he doesn't have a transformation. I think its something that they must have if they dont have one its pretty much a step back or a few steps back possibly many.
They are saying the white hair and red jacket is Devil trigger. Devil trigger is gameplay term for demon form.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
No...Devil Trigger is gameplay term for becoming more powerful for a short period of time...give it a rest already...How is it this topic has carried on for so long with the exact same conversation? no progress whatsoever...just let bygones be bygones

chocolatepanda

They are saying the white hair and red jacket is Devil trigger. Devil trigger is gameplay term for demon form.

Cant they change what the term means? Im not a big fan of how the DT looks either but isn't possible that either his DT is not complete or they just made a new term for what they want the transformation to be called?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
No...Devil Trigger is gameplay term for becoming more powerful for a short period of time...give it a rest already...How is it this topic has carried on for so long with the exact same conversation? no progress whatsoever...just let bygones be bygones
No...Devil trigger means demon form. That's why it's called Devil Trigger. It's boosted state but the fact it's called Devil Trigger hints that you trigger a devil. If it's just power boost without any transformation they can just call it "Power boost". But it's called DT - i wonder why...

Cant they change what the term means? Im not a big fan of how the DT looks either but isn't possible that either his DT is not complete or they just made a new term for what they want the transformation to be called?
Well they can change the term for the power boost we see in DmC with white hair and red jacket. More appropriate to call it "Dante trigger" in that case :p
And it seems they haven't planned a demon form.

Top Bottom