• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's DT

ZeroLove

If God is all powerful, does Jesus' birth seem all that impossible?

I'm no believer in God. So yes. To me, Mary sounds like a delusional woman who heard voices and thought it was God, or maybe a woman who had sex outside of her marriage to Joseph and then made up a lie that ended up going too far, or maybe both.

Railazel

I'm no believer in God. So yes. To me, Mary sounds like a delusional woman who heard voices and thought it was God, or maybe a woman who had sex outside of her marriage to Joseph and then made up a lie that ended up going too far, or maybe both.
There's no proof that Jesus ever had a biological father and no man has ever claimed his fathering of Jesus (your son's out there performing miracles, and you aren't going to say anything?). Furthermore, Joseph, Jesus' earthly father, was told by God that Mary was going to give birth to the Messiah and that it was duty to raise him as his father and name Jesus, this was during a time where the two were engaged and Joseph was about to break up with her after hearing that she was a bearing a child. Also, it was a crime for a woman to have had sex before marriage, and the punishment for that is death. So if what you are saying is true, Mary was risking her life on a simple delusion, her future- husband believed in that delusion, her sister believed in that delusion, some old dudes who witnessed the child's birth also believed in that delusion, the child's cousin believed in that delusion, the child's siblings in that delusion, almost every person who that child had come in contact with believed in that delusion, and thousands of people attest, every day, that that same delusion of said child had saved their lives, me included. Excuse me, for obviously I am delusional.

Now, can we go back to the original conversation? I like how DMC is based of off Christianity, though I wonder if the reboot will do the same? If Angels are a part of it then sure, but the angels in the pictures don't exactly look angelic... more like a bunch of hoochies with wings trying to have a good time.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
There's no proof that Jesus ever had a biological father and no man has ever claimed his fathering of Jesus (your son's out there performing miracles, and you aren't going to say anything?). Furthermore, Joseph, Jesus' earthly father, was told by God that Mary was going to give birth to the Messiah and that it was duty to raise him as his father and name Jesus, this was during a time where the two were engaged and Joseph was about to break up with her after hearing that she was a bearing a child. Also, it was a crime for a woman to have had sex before marriage, and the punishment for that is death. So if what you are saying is true, Mary was risking her life on a simple delusion, her future- husband believed in that delusion, her sister believed in that delusion, some old dudes who witnessed the child's birth also believed in that delusion, the child's cousin believed in that delusion, the child's siblings in that delusion, almost every person who that child had come in contact with believed in that delusion, and thousands of people attest, every day, that that same delusion of said child had saved their lives, me included. Excuse me, for obviously I am delusional.

Now, can we go back to the original conversation? I like how DMC is based of off Christianity, though I wonder if the reboot will do the same? If Angels are a part of it then sure, but the angels in the pictures don't exactly look angelic... more like a bunch of hoochies with wings trying to have a good time.

Putting aside my confusion for how the topic suddenly went to Jesus .. lol

I 'd like to add that they didn't need to believe in the "delusion" not at all. Just accept that she was pregnant - through unknown means - was enough. Those who didn't know her, thought that Joseph was the father, and those who DID know her (her family) didn't want her dead. Therefore it was convenient for them to "believe" in the delusion. Mary was definitely risking her life, true. But not because of the delusion, but because she was becoming a mom. Moms' have that super-love feeling that makes them go to extremes for their kids ya know;)
As to the cousin, he was probably raised to believe it. You can pretty much find excuses for everyone.

And yes let's return to the normal DMC convo:D

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
There was a discussion about Jesus and nobody invited me "The Theological Christian Dictionary?" Shame lol. And if DmC Dante looks like Classic Dante in DT mode why not just put Classic Dante in the game?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To answer Rejected's question, it's cause they wanted to appease the fan's without completing change which feels a little vindictive to me. I rather see a demonic looking DT rather than white hair and a red coat, which Dante could acquire thru hair dye and eBay. plus i feel that Dante should not have been changed as much visually since it feels unnecessary in the grand scheme of things.

He had 88 problems and his look wasn't one of them.
Couldn't resist.

but a few people are saying that the white hair trigger might be a lower level of DT, representing the levels before Dante's awakening as a demon by vergil in DMC3 where he just Aura'ed up. So he might have a more demonic looking form later on in the game.

ZeroLove

I love white haired Dante of the 4 first games. I really do. But I also think the new Dante's look is rather cool and a respective look for his rebooted alternate self. Capcom wanted a westernised look for Dante and white hair isn't popular in the western game world. White hair on young characters is very animé and is considered a special trait and a cool factor in Japan, but not so much in Europe or the US. Black hair is alot more common and is easily seen as a demonic trait. Black hair is connected with darkness, the shadow, the supernatural and stuff like that in the western civilisation which is why thos with a dark lifestyle such as goths, emos, punks and such dye their hair black if not already naturally black haired. So it makes sense why the new Dante's hair is black and that the colour scheme of his clothes is darker as well instead of wearing a bright red coat. Western culture is simply more subtle than the flashy culture of Japan. Therefore I think it was necessary to change Dante's looks, so he would be more accepted amongst western gamers. That's the whole idea with this reboot to start with, to get more western fans, to expand the fanbase and that means changes had to be made.

I think it is awesome that there is a pointer to the old games with Dante turning white haired and getting a bright red coat in his Devil Trigger though. That means he is not all forgotten, he's still there.

chocolatepanda

but a few people are saying that the white hair trigger might be a lower level of DT, representing the levels before Dante's awakening as a demon by vergil in DMC3 where he just Aura'ed up. So he might have a more demonic looking form later on in the game.
In the game's description on the NT site it says that it is about Dante discovering and coming to terms to what it means to be the child of an angel and a demon so its sounds like he wont know to much about his own abilities in the beginning and learns more as the game progresses.

ZeroLove

In the game's description on the NT site it says that it is about Dante discovering and coming to terms to what it means to be the child of an angel and a demon so its sounds like he wont know to much about his own abilities in the beginning and learns more as the game progresses.

That would be awesome! Maybe he will end up having a demonic looking Devil Trigger and maybe even an angelic one too! :D

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
To answer Rejected's question, it's cause they wanted to appease the fan's without completing change which feels a little vindictive to me. I rather see a demonic looking DT rather than white hair and a red coat, which Dante could acquire thru hair dye and eBay. plus i feel that Dante should not have been changed as much visually since it feels unnecessary in the grand scheme of things.

He had 88 problems and his look wasn't one of them.
Couldn't resist.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. I agree with you the DT just seems like a way to please the classic fans and catch our attention. But since this is a reboot, with this game having no connection to the Classic DMC cannon I guess this Devil Trigger is all we get.

Top Bottom