• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's DT

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Ninja theory or Capcom could have produced this kind of DT:
ebbc4362ceba848cba010d8c22e41a4a.jpg

Isn't the engine DmC runs in more "graphic" engine compared to previous DMC engines?
In that case imagine if DmC Dante had that sort of horns or demonic features.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
You said it yourself "DmC is not DMC", and you used that as argument for why Devil trigger in DmC might be red jacket and white hair. But if DmC is not DMC - why didn't they created a completely new character and story?

Many DMC fans like DMC for the gameplay. If Ninja theory had freedom to create a new story, new characters etc but at same time preserved the weapons and gameplay of DMC games - then they would possibly manage to make a better game.

I forgot something.

Since DmC is a reboot of the franchise, or 'parallel universe' as they've also called it, Ninja Theory can create a totally different story (which they are doing), change the characters a bit (which they've done with Dante), and they could even change the look of the DT. The old DMCs don't have to be emulated precisely.

Since it's a reboot, all bets are off.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I forgot something.

Since DmC is a reboot of the franchise, or 'parallel universe' as they've also called it, Ninja Theory can create a totally different story (which they are doing), change the characters a bit (which they've done with Dante), and they could even change the look of the DT. The old DMCs don't have to be emulated precisely.

Since it's a reboot, all bets are off.
Yes, but DT means "Devil Trigger" right? And Devil trigger is Dante going into demon form because he's half human and half demon. While 100% demons already are in their demon form because they are demons - Dante is different because of 50% thing.

To get to my point: Devil trigger transformation of Dante is based on 100% demons that Dante fights in DMC games. By that i mean Dante goes into a form that looks like a 100% demon.

So if Devil Trigger of Dante is white hair and red jacket - does that mean 100% demons in DmC have red jackets and white hairs lol?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Ninja theory or Capcom could have produced this kind of DT:
ebbc4362ceba848cba010d8c22e41a4a.jpg

Isn't the engine DmC runs in more "graphic" engine compared to previous DMC engines?
In that case imagine if DmC Dante had that sort of horns or demonic features.

That would be awesome. Make Dante like Sparda in his fully demonic form :D I love the huge horns Sparda has then, very similar to the horns in this picture.

I don't really remember why Ninja Theory is making the DT look like the human Dante. I mean, I'd rather see an awesome demonic form than their 'bringing back the old Dante when you go DT'.

Yes, but DT means "Devil Trigger" right? And Devil trigger is Dante going into demon form because he's half human and half demon. While 100% demons already are in their demon form because they are demons - Dante is different because of 50% thing.

To get to my point: Devil trigger transformation of Dante is based on 100% demons that Dante fights in DMC games. By that i mean Dante goes into a form that looks like a 100% demon.

So if Devil Trigger of Dante is white hair and red jacket - does that mean 100% demons have red jackets and white hairs lol?

Yeah, as I just said in a post before I noticed yours, I really don't understand why they've chosen to make the DT look like the old white-haired Dante... I don't care about Dante having white hair and a red trenchcoat THAT much :p

Just give us a real demonic form like in DMC2 or something! Something that inspires fear! Am I right?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
well i definitely think that they put the white-haired, red trench coat devil trigger in the game to appease fans. now i've seen fans on the internet that actually like the white-haired, red trench coat devil trigger, so they have gained SOME fans' interest, but to gain the majority of fans' interest who don't like the devil trigger they could upgrade the white-haired devil trigger later in the game to an actual demon form, that way they please most fans that are interested in the game.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
well i definitely think that they put the white-haired, red trench coat devil trigger in the game to appease fans. now i've seen fans on the internet that actually like the white-haired, red trench coat devil trigger, so they have gained SOME fans' interest, but to gain the majority of fans' interest who don't like the devil trigger they could upgrade the white-haired devil trigger later in the game to an actual demon form, that way they please most fans that are interested in the game.
If people don't get that the white hair and red jacket update is to please fans then they are not very observant. I am 99,9% positive it's to please fans. Alex Jones said for example "People left like 1000 posts "Where is white hair?"".

And i am sure they will implent demon form somehow. DmC is progress is like a coward. When they see that fans are annoyed they change things to please fans. It's a game that fans must correct. And that's pretty pathetic.

Look at DMC 4 announcement trailer. It shows a Dante that is cool but very "final fantasy" looking. They later had to change him (although mediocre it's OK).

The Trailer is nice though.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
If people don't get that the white hair and red jacket update is to please fans then they are not very observant. I am 99,9% positive it's to please fans. Alex Jones said for example "People left like 1000 posts "Where is white hair?"".

And i am sure they will implent demon form somehow. DmC is progress is like a coward. When they see that fans are annoyed they change things to please fans. It's a game that fans must correct. And that's pretty pathetic.

Look at DMC 4 announcement trailer. It shows a Dante that is cool but very "final fantasy" looking. They later had to change him (although mediocre it's OK).

The Trailer is awesome though.
i understand that fans should complain about things that they don't like, and the ones making the game should improve on their fans' criticism, but when they go out of the way just to change, i think that's backtracking on the game itself. for example i bet the white-haired devil trigger wasn't in ninja theory/capcom's original vision, also i hate that capcom changed dante's original look in dmc4 from the "final fantasy" look to the western cowboy get-up. studios should find a balance in changing their vision, and updating things for the fans.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
i understand that fans should complain about things that they don't like, and the ones making the game should improve on their fans' criticism, but when they go out of the way just to change, i think that's backtracking on the game itself. for example i bet the white-haired devil trigger wasn't in ninja theory/capcom's original vision, also i hate that capcom changed dante's original look in dmc4 from the "final fantasy" look to the western cowboy get-up. studios should find a balance in changing their vision, and updating things for the fans.
If you think i am complaining - then just let me clarify i am not. I don't care about DmC. And if i don't care about DmC it means i have no intentions of playing it. If i am not gonna buy it to play it - then why should i complain? I am discussing. And i am eager to see the story of DmC and how the sales will go. I dislike Tameem, and because of that i am very curious.
If i wanted to complain then right place would be:
Capcom and Ninja theory forums.

But i am with you that fans intefering with work is bad. But i don't think they had anything planned. The only thing i notice that seems to be Ninja theory's idea is white hair patch when Dante is not in Devil trigger.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
If you think i am complaining - then just let me clarify i am not. I don't care about DmC.
If i wanted to complain then right place would be:
Capcom and Ninja theory forums.

But i am with you that fans intefering with work is bad. But i don't think they had anything planned. The only thing i notice that seems to be Ninja theory's idea is white hair patch when Dante is not in Devil trigger.
yeah i know you're not complaining, i wasn't saying you were i promise; i was just saying like you said fans interfering with work is bad, because now we'll never know if they did have anything planned and what it was if they did :/

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
yeah i know you're not complaining, i wasn't saying you were i promise; i was just saying like you said fans interfering with work is bad, because now we'll never know if they did have anything planned and what it was if they did :/
Ok cool. But let's clear two things up ok?
We know Capcom is overseeing project but at same time helping alot with gameplay.

Capcom has said we want 5M sales right?
Capcom sees tons fans angry about white hair plus SOME about red jacket. Alex jones said "i got tons comments about white hair" and "red jacket is a trademark we want to keep by the character". So they are thinking "sales wise". So i really believe the crap idea of DT comes from Capcom, i am not gonna blame it on Ninja theory just because i dislike their game philosphy and their douche of a leader.

What have Ninja theory planned? We know the purpose of DT is to please fans - a white haired and red jacket looking like old Dante. That's the purpose of the DT appaerance.
But then what's the purpose of the white hair patch we see when Dante hasn't trigger his Devil powers? That white hair patch is Ninja theory's idea i bet. And i think the idea is "White hair comes from demon powers".
I don't think Ninja theory planned a Devil form, but i could be easily wrong. But i wonder why after so long time they haven't given fans a TINY preview of Dante showing demon like transformation. The only thing close to that is the red demon eye - but that could be just for "cool".

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Ok cool. But let's clear two things up ok?
We know Capcom is overseeing project but at same time helping alot with gameplay.

Capcom has said we want 5M sales right?
Capcom sees tons fans angry about white hair plus SOME about red jacket. Alex jones said "i got tons comments about white hair" and "red jacket is a trademark we want to keep by the character". So they are thinking "sales wise". So i really believe the crap idea of DT comes from Capcom, i am not gonna blame it on Ninja theory just because i dislike their game philosphy and their douche of a leader.

What have Ninja theory planned? We know the purpose of DT is to please fans - a white haired and red jacket looking like old Dante. That's the purpose of the DT appaerance.
But then what's the purpose of the white hair patch we see when Dante hasn't trigger his Devil powers? That white hair patch is Ninja theory's idea i bet. And i think the idea is "White hair comes from demon powers".
I don't think Ninja theory planned a Devil form, but i could be easily wrong. But i wonder why after so long time they haven't given fans a TINY preview of Dante showing demon like transformation. The only thing close to that is the red demon eye - but that could be just for "cool".
yeah this is true.
and ninja theory/capcom might not have anything planned for dante turning into a demon, but it just seems fishy if they just have dante turn into red jacket white hair. i think they might be holding the demon form a secret like the rest of the story, however im not getting my hopes up.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
yeah this is true.
and ninja theory/capcom might not have anything planned for dante turning into a demon, but it just seems fishy if they just have dante turn into red jacket white hair. i think they might be holding the demon form a secret like the rest of the story, however im not getting my hopes up.
I thought the same too. But will then there be two devil triggers? Devil trigger 1) Turn into Dante 2) Real Devil trigger: Turn into a demon.

That would be weird.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I thought the same too. But will then there be two devil triggers? Devil trigger 1) Turn into Dante 2) Real Devil trigger: Turn into a demon.

That would be weird.
yeah there could be alot of speculation on that. im guessing a couple of things:
*perhaps you will be able to upgrade the devil trigger from white hair slo-mo aerial mini-game into an actual devil trigger from the skill shop.
*maybe at the beginning of the game you are tapping into your potential devil trigger a.k.a white hair devil trigger and later on your devil trigger will permanently become an actual demon (kind of how dmc3 did)
*maybe the more aerial combat you do in the slow mo devil trigger you will become a demon
*or you could have the first slow mo, white hair devil trigger by pressing the L1 button, then you press it again to become a demon (similar to how in bayonetta if you press dodge twice quickly you can transform into a panther)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Wouldn't an easier way to appease the fans would be just to change Dante's somewhat closer to the original?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Wouldn't an easier way to appease the fans would be just to change Dante's somewhat closer to the original?
i would think that, but capcom didn't want ninja theory's version of dante to resemble original dante, so that gives me another reason that i think the white hair devil trigger will evolve into something else, because capcom doesn't want just another rendition of the same dante, they want something new. Buuuuuut idk its confusing, we need a story trailer soo bad :3

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
That´s a good point, remember Capcom told Ninja theory to make a Dante that was unrecognizeable. But now they are making him more like old Dante with a crap of a Devil trigger.
It don´t make sense :p Just better to change the character than ruin the Devil trigger.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
This game makes me think that capcom are a bunch of idiots as most of their moves seem kind of stupid when it comes to this game and this franchise. Most of the backlash could have been avoided had they didnt do some of the things that they did. Like make dante unrecognizable.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
that's pretty mean of you to hope that this game fails...people's families and lives depend on this stuff...it's a job not a hobby so quit making it sound like they're just dicking around

Top Bottom