• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's DT

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I hope that he has an actual demonic appearance and this is just the early stages.
And how would that be highly possible? Red jacket and white hair being a early stage of a demon form?
That's very thought lol.

Just pointing out that the posibility for a full demon form is low.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont know, man.

I'm not writing this.

But it could be like how super saiyan looks because at level 1, goku's got blonde hair amd blue eyes but by level 4, he's got red fur and looks more monkeyish.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I dont know, man.

I'm not writing this.

But it could be like how super saiyan looks because at level 1, goku's got blonde hair amd blue eyes but by level 4, he's got red fur and looks more monkeyish.
Blonde hair and blue eyes had nothing to do with monkeys.
It was just a idea that was implented without any thoughts of Saiyan races monkey genes.

The saiyan races form was turning into a gigantic monkey. And that is something Goku did as kid.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Wrong example ,then.

Try the changes of how Jin's demon form looked from each consecutive Tekken game.

First its no visible changes and telekenitic burst, then in tekken 5, he's got demon horns and angel wings, and in recent screens for teken tag 2, he's got full body demon form with all the works.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
This DT seems more like a higher level of power for Dante...like he's trying to become the fully powered Dante from the original series but he just isn't as powerful yet. Maybe as the story progresses (come on, they're obviously only showing us the beginning), it gets more and more demonic. Like that origiDante look is just the first level and once you hit the DT from DMC 2 (for example), that's like the final, ultimate level.
Of course, that's only if the parallel-universe-but-still-sort-of-a-prequel-in-a-weird-way-theory works.
I'm imagining something like Ichigo's Hollow-form in Bleach but reversed xD

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Wrong example ,then.

Try the changes of how Jin's demon form looked from each consecutive Tekken game.

First its no visible changes and telekenitic burst, then in tekken 5, he's got demon horns and angel wings, and in recent screens for teken tag 2, he's got full body demon form with all the works.
No, i understood you well mate. I am just saying that white hair and red jacket has nothing to do with demon form that we have seen in DMC 1, 2, 3 and 4.

So red jacket and white hair being a early stage of a demon form = is incorrect.
A early stage of demon form is when we saw Dante in DMC 3 after being severly stabbed by Vergil. He got aura and breath heavily.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not writing so i cant tell you but im sure the red hair and white hair is there just to appease the fans.

No bigger reason.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I'm not writing so i cant tell you but im sure the red hair and white hair is there just to appease the fans.

No bigger reason.
That's what i have said for centuries. But they also call the red jacket and white hair for "Devil Trigger". And Devil trigger is a demonic form.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So maybe in this universe, red coat and white hair might be a lower form of power for a devil trigger.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I dont think its a lower level of his DT because he still uses angelic powers. Its possible that the only reason damte looks like previous dantess is because of how angry people were over his hair color. And the mini game might be a way to say "there you go dmc true fans that need dante with white hair, have fun!"

But since dante is in limbo and he has both angelic and demonic powers, maybe he is able to manipulate the world with both his powers combined, and he doesnt just have white hair, and a red coat, the whole place changes color, so maybe there really isnt a chang in him appearance, but a change in limbo city all together

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
I don't understand what the fixation is of "if it's a DT he can't use angel powers". It's a work of fiction, first of all! Second of all, just because one side is taking over and being amplified does not mean that the other part of him is completely suppressed, as they could work in unison with the demonic side acting stronger while in DT.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
All I know is, if they want Dante's 'white hair-red trenchcoat' form to be the DT, then that's their prerogative.

This game doesn't 'require' a fully demonic form, since this game isn't like the old DMCs.
It's all up to Ninja Theory... it's their show, and it doesn't NEED to have anything to do with the old DMC series, especially since DmC is a reboot.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
well the game is called "devil" may cry even though in this game he has an angelic side it wouldnt be much concentrated on cuz the main theme is about a half devil so i think there wont be no angel trigger i think the devil side of him will take over.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
well the game is called "devil" may cry even though in this game he has an angelic side it wouldnt be much concentrated on cuz the main theme is about a half devil so i think there wont be no angel trigger i think the devil side of him will take over.

It would be a bit harsh of Ninja Theory to introduce an angel form, only to throw it away afterwards.
I think the name Devil May Cry just happened to be convenient. The game is considered to be a Devil May Cry game, so why change the name?

That's just my thoughts, though.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
It would be a bit harsh of Ninja Theory to introduce an angel form, only to throw it away afterwards.
I think the name Devil May Cry just happened to be convenient. The game is considered to be a Devil May Cry game, so why change the name?

That's just my thoughts, though.
yeah ur right but even though it is an alternate universe the main theme of him is his demonic side

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
yeah ur right but even though it is an alternate universe the main theme of him is his demonic side

True. But I don't see his devil form taking over, and the angel form disappearing because of it.
Yeah, probably something will happen with regard to his demonic side, otherwise the brand name DmC wouldn't make sense anymore.

Then again, they can't really call it Devil-Angel May Cry, can they? They could've just taken over the brand name... ah screw it, I just don't know.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Why call it Devil May Cry.
Why make Dante half demon.
Why call it DT = Devil trigger

IF... DT is not a demon form.
and Dante does not have demonic powers.

If white hair and red jacket is what they want to say is DT, they should call it "Action Trigger" = AT.

Top Bottom