• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's DT

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
^ you can't exactly tell them what they can and cannot, should and should not do CoolDemon. You're not a game designer and in no way are connected to developing this project...they could give him a banana suit and call it a DT.
DT as we know has been defined.

DT is a demonic form. Which is why it's called "Devil Trigger".

If DT is not a particular form, if DT is any kind of transformation - then it will loose the thing that made it be called "DT".

There is no point calling a man's transformation to a Monkey for "Devil Trigger"
There is no point calling a woman's transformation to an Angel for "DEvil Trigger"
There is no point calling a kids transformation to a wolf for "Devil Trigger".
There is no point calling a calling DmC Dante's transformation where he gets white hair and red jacket for "Devil Trigger".

So have some freaking common sense, and understand that it's very stupid to call it a Devil Trigger if it's not a demonic form.
Is white hair and red jacket demonic? No.
Is horns and wings demonic? Yes.
Is wings angelic? Yes.
Is halo angelic? Yes.

Understand that when people think of an angel they think wings and a halo and the colour of white and yellow. So if a girl transforms and gets a halo and wings like an angel - people will call the girls transformation for "Angel form". Not "Devil" because she looks like an angel.

I am not a game designer. But are you suggesting that since DmC team are game designers they have the right to tell me that a Monkey transformation is a angel form?

Let me give one more example:
If Ninja theory made Dante transform into a monkey like this picture and called it "Devil Trigger" - would it be a Devil trigger?
monkey.jpg

On paper they can say "This is Devil Trigger". Off paper everyone who are fans will say "No, mate that's not Devil trigger. That's more like Monkey Trigger".

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I think you're stuck in the old DMC way of thinking. In the original DMCs, Dante having a demonic body is called Devil Trigger. Makes sense, since it looks exactly the way a demon should look.

But since DmC is a different game primarily made by a different company (Ninja Theory), they're the ones to decide what is 'demonic' and what is not.
Maybe they'll decide that white hair is demonic. I bet Dante will get red eyes like in the previous installments, and that is also considered demonic.

What I'm trying to say is, who decides what is demonic and what isn't? He doesn't necessarily HAVE TO look like a full demon just because that's the way demons look on ceiling paintings in churches.
I'd say a person of the age of 18 or so (Dante) who has white hair could be something other than a human.

It's all in the hands of Ninja Theory.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I think you're stuck in the old DMC way of thinking. In the original DMCs, Dante having a demonic body is called Devil Trigger. Makes sense, since it looks exactly the way a demon should look.

But since DmC is a different game primarily made by a different company (Ninja Theory), they're the ones to decide what is 'demonic' and what is not.
Maybe they'll decide that white hair is demonic. I bet Dante will get red eyes like in the previous installments, and that is also considered demonic.

What I'm trying to say is, who decides what is demonic and what isn't? He doesn't necessarily HAVE TO look like a full demon just because that's the way demons look on ceiling paintings in churches.
I'd say a person of the age of 18 or so (Dante) who has white hair could be something other than a human.

It's all in the hands of Ninja Theory.
If white hair and red jacket is what we must accept as Devil trigger - then that's as stupid as Vampires having skin as hard as diamond or glowling like one in the sun.
And that's what i am saying - it's stupid. And many people agree with me on that.

But i am just expressing it's stupid. I hope they say white hair and red jacket is Devil trigger for real - then they will fail even more. And i don't wish anything good for Ninja theory considering Tameem.

Going back to this picture:
monkey.jpg

If i made a game where main character went into this form (a monkey/primate form) - and if i called this form for "WF" =Werewolf form. Everyone who plays the game will say "LOL WTF????? Werewolf is not that!".
It's stupid to do what i suggested - and it's stupid to call white hair and red jacket transformation for Devil trigger.

I accept it - but i am just pointing out the stupidity.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
If white hair and red jacket is what we must accept as Devil trigger - then that's as stupid as Vampires having skin as hard as diamond or glowling like one in the sun.
And that's what i am saying - it's stupid. And many people agree with me on that.

A red trench coat being considered 'demonic' is stupid indeed. White hair... not so much.

What we consider 'demonic' is largely based on the kind of demons seen in 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', or on paintings etc.
But to say that only those things can be considered demonic, and other things can't be... well, that's truly stupid.

At first, we didn't know much about demons. After that came the paintings with demons with lizard-like tails, horns and wings. That just happened to be what people considered 'frightening, and thus demonic'.

Do I want to see a real DT? One with wings and horns and stuff? Of course I do! But it looks like Ninja Theory isn't going to create that form, sadly.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
What "Demons" are from game, to movies to stories is different.
But we are considering what "demons" are in a DMC context - not in any other context.

chocolatepanda

well i think in a interview they said that he was tapping into his inner demon to activate his powers so if u think about it that way he is triggering his devil powers. Although they didnt mention if that was the full extend of his power.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
What "Demons" are from game, to movies to stories is different.
But we are considering what "demons" are in a DMC context - not in any other context.

That's just the point. DmC is not a DMC game, at least not like the DMC games made by Capcom.
DmC is something completely new, something made by Ninja Theory, not Capcom.

The original DMC context doesn't matter much anymore, since this is a totally different game. Capcom themselves said they wanted to try something new.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
That's just the point. DmC is not a DMC game, at least not like the DMC games made by Capcom.
DmC is something completely new, something made by Ninja Theory, not Capcom.

The DMC context doesn't matter much anymore, since this is a totally different game.
DmC is not exactly like DMC. It's using DMC as template - which means it's using same gameplay, character ideas, monsters etc.

But despite DmC not being DMC - people still hope to see Devil trigger that you see in DMC 1, 2, 3 and 4.

But hey i really don't want DmC to succeed and if red jacket and white hair is Devil trigger - then that's a step towards failing. Not that i care that much about it.
Just saying.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
DmC is not exactly like DMC. It's using DMC as template - which means it's using same gameplay, character ideas, monsters etc.

But despite DmC not being DMC - people still hope to see Devil trigger that you see in DMC 1, 2, 3 and 4.

But hey i really don't want DmC to succeed and if red jacket and white hair is Devil trigger - then that's a step towards failing. Not that i care that much about it.
Just saying.

Hell, I'd like to see this DmC fail too, so they can go on with the original DMC. But the story of the original DMC is so messed up (Dante didn't recognize Vergil in DMC1, even though they fought together in DMC3, the prequel), I think Capcom has no choice but to start over.

Still, Capcom could start over with a better Devil May Cry than this game. It would be nice if they could get Platinum Games to work on the new DmC, since PG has the director of DMC1 in it. But nooo, PG started working on Metal Gear Rising.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Hell, I'd like to see this DmC fail too, so they can go on with the original DMC. But the story of the original DMC is so messed up (Dante didn't recognize Vergil in DMC1, even though they fought together in DMC3, the prequel), I think Capcom has no choice but to start over.

Still, Capcom could start over with a better Devil May Cry than this game. It would be nice if they could get Platinum Games to work on the new DmC, since PG has the director of DMC1 in it. But nooo, PG started working on Metal Gear Rising.
You said it yourself "DmC is not DMC", and you used that as argument for why Devil trigger in DmC might be red jacket and white hair. But if DmC is not DMC - why didn't they created a completely new character and story?

Many DMC fans like DMC for the gameplay. If Ninja theory had freedom to create a new story, new characters etc but at same time preserved the weapons and gameplay of DMC games - then they would possibly manage to make a better game.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
You said it yourself "DmC is not DMC", and you used that as argument for why Devil trigger in DmC might be red jacket and white hair. But if DmC is not DMC - why didn't they created a completely new character and story?

Many DMC fans like DMC for the gameplay. If Ninja theory had freedom to create a new story, new characters etc but at same time preserved the weapons and gameplay of DMC games - then they would possibly manage to make a better game.

I guess they didn't create a completely new character because they didn't have to. That said, this Dante isn't the exact same Dante as the one in the original DMCs.

As for the story, well, we don't know anything about the story of this new DmC yet. So far, we've only seen Dante locked up and interrogated and escaping... so I'd say DmC's story is totally different than that of DMC.

The gameplay looks quite similar to the gameplay of the old DMCs. That's because Capcom is working on the gameplay, while NT is working on the story. I even saw Dante perform his Drive attack.

So they're creating a new story, but DmC has about the same gameplay as the original DMCs, just like you said (marked red).

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I said "IF Ninja theory had freedom" meaning they didn't have it in first place :p

My bad. I seemed to have missed that. What confuses me is that Capcom is looking over the whole project as it has been said time and time again. Then, how the heck did they approve of this stupid DT? Didn't they have anything to 'modify'? Common Capcom.. You disappointed me.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
My bad. I seemed to have missed that. What confuses me is that Capcom is looking over the whole project as it has been said time and time again. Then, how the heck did they approve of this stupid DT? Didn't they have anything to 'modify'? Common Capcom.. You disappointed me.
I am very sure Capcom came up with the DT idea. Because they noticed people not liking the fact old Dante was nowhere to be seen.
Capcom also is one who's making Ninja theory make more of same thing (story and character wise) instead of new.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I want to remind everyone that Capcom is working on DmC's gameplay, while Ninja Theory is working on the story, the characters and the universe of the game.

I wrote this in the previous post too.

Top Bottom