• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Age (Yes, Another One)

Viper

Premium
@Gel
What are you complaining, at least all you have to do is kiss a smelly, old guy. When I think back at what I've been saying, I fear I might have to eat Vergil's undies. XD

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
now I have to give a french kiss to Sanctus
tumblr_luq0zf9cYX1qbydpto1_500.gif

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
@Viper , do you still remember the promises we have done in the past?Oh God, so many dreams and all of them ruined.
Hmm, Dante looks like Jon Bon Jovi in his 38's:
Clf5Dho.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@The 4th Snake
I dont know if i would trust him over bingo since producers tend to change their mind like anyone else. Before Itagaki left team ninja there were 2 or 3 different answers on how the Xbox NG games related to the classics and DOA.

In all honesty it probably would be whatever the next guy says it is.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm not going to put this in this thread anymore. Stick to the topic. I am getting sick of seeing this now.

Anymore and warnings will be given. I think I've been quite clear on this already in this thread and then there's an entire page of off-topic posts.

Enough, thanks.

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
So, for the anime...

•I estimate 4 as occurring about 10 years after 1 (8@ED - 18@M - 19@3 - 28@1 - 38@4).
DMC1 [-----|-----] DMC4

•I say Dante's DMC1 outfit makes it a safe bet the anime is closer to 1 than 4, so within the first 5 years of the decade.
DMC1 [-----|-----] DMC4

•Trish has had enough time to get fed up with Dante and leave, so I'd say at least a year has taken place since 1.
DMC1 [-----|-----] DMC4

•In addition, we have Lady, who resembles her (presumably teenage) DMC3 self and needs time to fill out into her DMC4 figure. I'm not sure what exactly this tells us aside from her needing as many years as possible to reach that figure.
DMC1 [-----|-----] DMC4

Any suggestions for how long it would take to fill out like that? I supposed we could wait for Special Edition and compare her two costumes, assuming they have different proportions, then work out average growth.

Any flaws in my logic in any of this?

On a side note, why is there a time limit on editing posts? I can't add new information to the first post anymore.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
On a side note, why is there a time limit on editing posts? I can't add new information to the first post anymore.

I can always edit your first post for you if you just send me a message and let me know what you want added. There's a time limit on editing posts for members which has been in place for a while now.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So, for the anime...

•I estimate 4 as occurring about 10 years after 1 (8@ED - 18@M - 19@3 - 28@1 - 38@4).
DMC1 [-----|-----] DMC4

•I say Dante's DMC1 outfit makes it a safe bet the anime is closer to 1 than 4, so within the first 5 years of the decade.
DMC1 [-----|-----] DMC4

•Trish has had enough time to get fed up with Dante and leave, so I'd say at least a year has taken place since 1.
DMC1 [-----|-----] DMC4

•In addition, we have Lady, who resembles her (presumably teenage) DMC3 self and needs time to fill out into her DMC4 figure. I'm not sure what exactly this tells us aside from her needing as many years as possible to reach that figure.
DMC1 [-----|-----] DMC4

Any suggestions for how long it would take to fill out like that? I supposed we could wait for Special Edition and compare her two costumes, assuming they have different proportions, then work out average growth.

Any flaws in my logic in any of this?

well Lady's design could be chalked up to artist interpretation as the artist for the anime probably reused lady's DMC3 design because its easier than coming up with something new plus the epilogue of DMC3 had dante wear the DMC1 outfit so interpretation doesnt always match up with reality.

but other than that we dont really have a clear order of events after 1 so your logic works till the next writer clarifies or changes things around again.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
As a obsessive nerd, I searched for it in the net, so i found some.Hey, @Viper , remember that friend of yours? She has height she calculated from here.

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Ah, check out this tiny tidbit. Kobayashi said early in 4's development of the events of 2, "They occur very far after the events of 2." [Source]

That goes along with my own thory of 2's placement in the timeline.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Ah, check out this tiny tidbit. Kobayashi said early in 4's development of the events of 2, "They occur very far after the events of 2." [Source]

That goes along with my own thory of 2's placement in the timeline.
There doesn't seem to be a way to magnify the image. Is there a larger size?

Top Bottom