• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Age (Yes, Another One)

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
4SE is set for him prior to DMC3, so Vergil would be around 16-18
Being 18 the only majority age.

How about we all just agree that being half Demon, Dante doesn't physically age like humans do. DMC2 could be well into the future, to the point Lady has died from old age. but characters like Trish and Nero would still be around due to their demon heritage. Though considering Nero is less than half demon, he'd probably old and wrinkly like Matier is.

Dante ages like any human.Games confirm this( just look at Lady) and DMC4 novel explains Dante, just like Lady, ages just like a human being.Only Trish stays always young.

Gel

Premium
Ha, I doubt Vergil would care about petty things like legal majority age :D
I know, but I ( and some people) would, even when it comes to DMC, where a lot of the things seem to belong in a moral grey area.But to be true I'm more worried about what will happen with his character and DMC story.
Funny enough, Vergil seems to care about the boy.V, the same guy who had planned to do an Armageddon without care about the consequences.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
But to be true I'm more worried about what will happen with his character and DMC story.

If you're referring to SE, it's been stated his cutscenes won't contain major story points, not even the Nero's father confirmation.

Gel

Premium
If you're referring to SE, it's been stated his cutscenes won't contain major story points, not even the Nero's father confirmation.
I know, but I still fear for whatever they have planned to do in DMC5( yes, everything points to a DMC5).

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Guys this isn't the right thread to be discussing possible outcomes of DMC 4: SE or DMC 5. Thanks.

Gel

Premium
I dunno if Vergil's even gonna be present in DMC5. I sure hope he will be, but...
Believe in me, he will , in a way or another.After all this hype and knowing how desired he is by DMC fanbase, he will have to appear. People already believe V has now a bigger fanbase than Dante, so he must be handle with care.

Edit: Yes, Milord. Sorry for derailing the thread.

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
I'm hesitant to accept Vergil as 16-17 hoenstly. Nero must have been conceived and possibly born during Vergil's lifetime. It was probably during the year between the manga and 3, and Vergil would probably spend more time with Arkham towards the end as their plan grew closer to completion, so the conception is most likely early in that year, leaving the birth around the time of 3 itself. (Correct me if my logic is off here)

If that's the case and Nero in 4 is the age of Dante in 3, that makes Dante 32-34, which is not "nearly 40" as he has also been stated to be. If esttimates of Dante and Vergil being 19 in 3 are correct, THAT would make him nearly 40, being 38.

Perhaps it's down to who your trust more, scenario writer or producer.

In addition, I would assume they'd place Vergil as at least 18 since a lot of the world seems to have that as legal age. There have been a fair few times Japanese games have run into issues in the west, like DOA Dimensions not even getting released in some places over 3 of the girls being under 18.

Last edited:

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Does anyone know where I can find the Cobra anime? I assume the licence was decades ago and hasn't seen a fresh release since.

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Well, that's helpful. While I'm trying to find that part, I have a question to pose. That scene in the manga where Vergil is attacked in a graveyard. Is that meant to eb a flashback or a mental illusion?

Also, I've added a litle more to the first post, particularly details I personally disregard.

Gel

Premium
Well, that's helpful. While I'm trying to find that part, I have a question to pose. That scene in the manga where Vergil is attacked in a graveyard. Is that meant to eb a flashback or a mental illusion?

Also, I've added a little more to the first post, particularly details I personally disregard.

It seems to be a remembrance from the past. Demons tried to show him their power by making him to remember that fateful night when he lost his family.

Nero is 15-16 (taking 9 month pregnancy into account) - Since Nero was conceived during Vergil's lifetime (pre-DMC3) and Nero is DMC3 Dante's age, DMC4 Dante should be approximately double Nero's age. 30-32 does not fit with the "near 40" comment, and a theoretically underage Vergil's partner being a prostitute is very squicky.

Nero is 16/17 years old according to Sanctus, so Dante is probably above his middle thirties.
Vergil with a prostitute or in a quickie is bizarre, since it's against his character, but it's Capcom, so...

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well if we're going with Dante as 29 in DMC 1, he must be a year older in the anime. And did someone say DMC 4 takes place a few years after the anime?

Let's assume DMC 4 Dante is 33 and Nero is 16. That's a 17 year gap. It could be quite possible that Vergil is the father, should Dante be close to mid thirties or even older in DMC 4. I personally think Nero is 17/18, but still as I said, Dante around 33-39 would still make it possible for Vergil to be Nero's father.

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Well if we're going with Dante as 29 in DMC 1, he must be a year older in the anime. And did someone say DMC 4 takes place a few years after the anime?

Let's assume DMC 4 Dante is 33 and Nero is 16. That's a 17 year gap. It could be quite possible that Vergil is the father, should Dante be close to mid thirties or even older in DMC 4. I personally think Nero is 17/18, but still as I said, Dante around 33-39 would still make it possible for Vergil to be Nero's father.

It's also been said that Dante's nearly 40 by DMC4. My personal estimate is this:
08 - Eva's Death
18 - Manga
19 - DMC3
28 - DMC1
29-33 - Anime
38 - DMC4

My thinking is that I assume Nero was conceived around the manga and born around DMC3 (Vergil would likely spend more time with Arkham closer to DMC3). Nero is said to be the age of DMC3 Dante, making DMC4 Dante twice the age of Nero. DMC3 Dante is a teenager, but clearly late teens. If Vergil was of legal age when Nero was conceived (less squicky that way), that places him at 18 around the manga, 19 when Nero was born. Arkham seems to suggest that the manga is 10 years after Eva died, placing the twins at 8, add 20 to that for DMC1 and you have 28.

Anyone see any flaws here?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Dude Nero looks nothing like a sixteen year old. Stop with the anime goggles here where a 13 year old looks 21. If anything, Nero looks about 19 or 20.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It's also been said that Dante's nearly 40 by DMC4. My personal estimate is this:
08 - Eva's Death
18 - Manga
19 - DMC3
28 - DMC1
29-33 - Anime
38 - DMC4

My thinking is that I assume Nero was conceived around the manga and born around DMC3 (Vergil would likely spend more time with Arkham closer to DMC3). Nero is said to be the age of DMC3 Dante, making DMC4 Dante twice the age of Nero. DMC3 Dante is a teenager, but clearly late teens. If Vergil was of legal age when Nero was conceived (less squicky that way), that places him at 18 around the manga, 19 when Nero was born. Arkham seems to suggest that the manga is 10 years after Eva died, placing the twins at 8, add 20 to that for DMC1 and you have 28.

Anyone see any flaws here?
it makes sense but i felt Dante might be older than 18 in 3 and likewise Nero in 4 but I'm probably wrong so yeah it works.

thing is we wont really know how Dante deals with old age unless they actually decided to show him that old so it hard to say how that would go.

For all we know, he could age normally till a certain point where he would stop aging (like in his forties/fifties etc)

Top Bottom