• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante walking into a bar

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
But would you dress like a nurse to just make a trip to get some milk from the store? Again a very weak example. When it's Halloween we went to Wal-Mart to pick up some soft drinks for a Halloween party that night and we walked in wearing our costumes. I looked like this.
391752_300314333412254_1370453170_n.jpg

Can I get away with this on any other day without being questioned why in public?
Nice costume btw!

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
It saddens me to see some of the flake the original Dante gets around here on a Devil May Cry Forum.

1240393095655.jpg

But hey, you know how those opinions work lol.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
That's right. The only place where you would see people wearing chaps is at a rodeo. And that's only because it's required safety gear.

It's like wearing a hard hat outside of a construction site...

Village+People.jpg

"He's homophobic. Get 'im!" :mad:

Edit:

Dude, that's just sick. Wish I had a costume like that.
Thanks. I'm very proud of my Scarecrow costume. I made it myself and it was my first time doing so. I was very happy with the result and I won the costume contest. It got a lot of attention.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It saddens me to see some of the flake the original Dante gets around here on a Devil May Cry Forum.

1240393095655.jpg

But hey, you know how those opinions work lol.

*sigh* same here........it really seems like we're a minority here.

But then again I remember when I was pro-DmC it seemed we(pros) were winning and there seemed to small amount of antis.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
*sigh* same here........it really seems like we're a minority here.

But then again I remember when I was pro-DmC it seemed we(pros) were winning and there seemed to small amount of antis.
Quit it with this stupid line of separation. I like both versions of Devil May Cry and I believed I've stated countless times the only version of Dante I like is from DMC 1. Yea I don't like any version of Dante afterwards but I've never once said I hated the character. I'm just being fair on both sides. I will make fun of any version of Dante. I will point out what's silly with any version. The original Dante sets himself up for just as much ridicule as any other version of him. If you're not going to level the complaints you have about DmC to the previous one just because you don't want to then it's clear you are nothing but bias and your judgement isn't the one we should be seeking.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Quit it with this stupid line of separation. I like both versions of Devil May Cry and I believed I've stated countless times the only version of Dante I like is from DMC 1. Yea I don't like any version of Dante afterwards but I've never once said I hated the character. I'm just being fair on both sides. I will make fun of any version of Dante. I will point out what's silly with any version. The original Dante sets himself up for just as much ridicule as any other version of him. If you're not going to level the complaints you have about DmC to the previous one just because you don't want to then it's clear you are nothing but bias and your judgement isn't the one we should be seeking.
I like the older games too, I just prefer DMC1 Dante and DmC Dante more.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

untitle.JPG

I have nothing against DmC.....much....and If I did I can easily ignore it (I ignored Heavenly Sword and Enslaved too). I know the old ones have problems and are willing to acknowledge them but I be damned to have it replaced with DmC...well not now though.

The real reason is I don't like or trust Ninja Theory.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
untitle.JPG

I have nothing against DmC.....much....and If I did I can easily ignore it (I ignored Heavenly Sword and Enslaved too). I know the old ones have problems and are willing to acknowledge them but I be damned to have it replaced with DmC...well not now though.

Replace? Last time I checked Capcom didn't gather up every copy of the original games and torch every last one of them, they still exist.

By the way I need confirmation on this, someone said it on the other forum:
With respect to DMC4, Capcom confirmed at the time of DMC4's production that it was the end of Dante's story. They intended for Nero and Kyrie to become the new main characters of the series. The point being there was no plans with Dante to feature in DMC5.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
untitle.JPG

Well I've come to like Ninja Theory more than Capcom. Capcom screwed me over not once but twice with the Devil May Cry franchise. They also killed both my Resident Evil and my little blue bomber MegaMan. You can't give me a good reason to defend Capcom anymore. I'm a bigger MegaMan than I am Devil May Cry fan and I was one of the fans nearly devastated my little buddy is pretty much gone for good. DmC is severely underrated by the opposite end of the spectrum. For all the people who weren't against DmC from day 1 and were willing to give it a fair shot pretty much all came out of it going
images

As for the people who act like Ninja Theory ran over there dog an raped their parents for simply doing what Capcom asked them to do I can't assume anything besides a fanboy bias and clouded judgement. Ever heard that saying "If you already hate someone anything they do is offensive." If they even played DmC I imagined a lot of them going in telling themselves already they were going to hate it. So they did.

I also think it's a bunch of weeaboos who just feel betrayed and they are some of the last people that I would go for for a fair analysis. They don't even acknowledge anime and cartoons are the same exact thing. And even though I am also an avid anime fan I HATE those narrow minded idiots which are all aboard this train of east=win west=fail because it's NOT true and is just simple bigotry.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Replace? Last time I checked Capcom didn't gather up every copy of the original games and torch every last one of them, they still exist.

Come on now, you know what he means, and by what he means is that usually when a "reboot" happens it means the end of the previous series and a start anew.

With that being said, Capcom did say that a potential DMC5 would depend on how well DmC does.

How the fans interpret that is up to them...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

By the way I need confirmation on this, someone said it on the other forum:
With respect to DMC4, Capcom confirmed at the time of DMC4's production that it was the end of Dante's story. They intended for Nero and Kyrie to become the new main characters of the series. The point being there was no plans with Dante to feature in DMC5.

Actually I'm up for that....prefer it more than DmC (Nero is my favorite character). In fact I was anticipating that because Dante's story practically ended by DMC3 (DMC1 was the middle, DMC2 was the end, and DMC3 was the beginning of Dante's story) with Nero/DMC4 being the start of something new.

Plus I know I have all the other games except for DmC but as a fan of DMC all I ever wanted was a game that continues Nero's story and see what happens next and have much better gameplay.

Plus its not about story or characters for me...well yeah a bit...but about quality. I've cared for DMC as a series and was proud to be a fan of it...even if I became a fan of it recently (like 4 years ago) and I only want it to remain or maintain its title as "Hack n Slash King" and be the fun, innovative, and excellent game play (intense and challenging boss fights, deep combat system, difficulty, and fast paced action) it was known for.

Now I'm tired of hearing Bayonetta as the apparent "Best Hack n Slash" ever or PG as the "kings of action games"...even if I think its true.

However, with DmC and with NT...I don't see DmC (or any of its possible sequels) surpassing Bayonetta anytime soon, especially with Bayonetta 2 around the corner. Nor do I see NT reaching PG skills in gameplay.

Now I'm not saying PG should make DMC games...hell no..I find them overrated. I'm just more confident in Capcom than NT. Say what you will about DMC4, its still better than any other past game NT worked on without Capcom's help. Plus having seeing some of the recent games Capcom made (Dragon's Dogma, RE: Revelations, Okamiden, Sengoku Basara, and Monster Hunter) and their past works I'm more confident in them...wouldn't mind PG though. If Capcom can make a great RE game like Revelations why not make a great DMC game...they practically specialize in action/fighting games.

Personally if Capcom does continue DmC, fine...I'll be okay with it but on one exception that either they make it themselves or hire someone else.....I wouldn't mind PG either or the guys who made God of War (Santa Monica) or a collaboration of Capcom with Grasshopper Manufacturer(Sudaa51). But that is just me.

IncarnatedDemon

IncarnatedDemon your picture actually proves why they needed to redesign Dante, not in terms of his hair since we know he gets that at the end so that is relevant, but in terms of clothes. In casual wear Dante would fit in more into the modern setting than what he's known for looking like.

So yes, he would have a high chance of getting laughed at walking into a bar, because nobody dresses like this.
fight_club_brad_pitt_leather_jacket.jpg

For some reason everyone uses DMC 4 Dante when the topic of "Would he get laughed out" comes up:

devilart_7.jpg

And this pic is a illustration that if Dante wasnt a video game character but existed in reality he might dressed this way:
_dante_on_motorbike__by_rinoabc-d4ebm1g.jpg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
fight_club_brad_pitt_leather_jacket.jpg

For some reason everyone uses DMC 4 Dante when the topic of "Would he get laughed out" comes up:

devilart_7.jpg
ANY VERSION OF THE OLDER DANTE WILL FALL VICTIM TO THE SAME FATE! STAHP.

Demon dress up like any version of the older Dante and go walk your local mall or something I don't know. See how many people will think you look so cool and NOT give you a bunch of awkward stares. Don't forget to shout "Party's getting crazy!" and "Woooooo!" randomly. Film it and post it on youtube. I'm pretty sure we'd all get a great laugh.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
Why not DMC 3 Dante...if anything he looks like a thrasher..he would fit in in bars like Grill em' all and other bars like that..plus you see people dressed up as Dante for an everyday thing and take pictures and what not

IncarnatedDemon

ANY VERSION OF THE OLDER DANTE WILL FALL VICTIM TO THE SAME FATE! STAHP.

Demon dress up like any version of the older Dante and go walk your local mall or something I don't know. See how many people will think you look so cool and NOT give you a bunch of awkward stares. Don't forget to shout "Party's getting crazy!" and "Woooooo!" randomly. Film it and post it on youtube. I'm pretty sure we'd all get a great laugh.
First of all: Dante is more than "This party is getting crazy".
He can talk like most people. Plus if you put a young Dante into a party in real life, and he said "This party is getting crazy!" he would not look any weird for saying that.

But if Dante went into a mall and said that, of course he would get awkward stares. Anyone would, videogame character or real person. Because malls are a place where you buy things not party.

Second this discussion is not about Dante looking cool or getting awkward stares. It's a fact that anyone seeing Dante in real life would stare at him.

The topic is "Would he get laughed out?"

I showed Brad Pit with red leather, and DMC 1 Dante pictures. None of those pictures made me go "hahaha that guy looks really weird!".

And here is someone who cosplays as Dante:
Dante_vs__Dante___hmmm_by_alucard27.jpg

It's easy to take DMC4Dante (anime artstyle) with weird clothes and unpolished design, and put him into a real life picture and say "hahaha look at that guy".
Personally i wouldnt laugh at DMC4Dante, id think "He looks weird" as i do when i look at a pic of him. Do i laugh at him? Not really, it's not funny at all.

Neither would i laugh at that cosplayer over there if i saw him in a causaul place.

Top Bottom