• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante walking into a bar

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Why not DMC 3 Dante...if anything he looks like a thrasher..he would fit in in bars like Grill em' all and other bars like that..plus you see people dressed up as Dante for an everyday thing and take pictures and what not
The hell? There is a REASON why you see NO ONE dressed as Dante outside of a costume party or anime convention. I'm cool with a t shirt and jeans dude. Go out and sport Dante's attitude and look. Even from the DMC 3 version. No one will think you are cool. You'll look like a weirdo and a loser. They'll probably ask you where's your mom and your helmet.Dante isn't the definition of cool. He works in his world where everyone wears dumb outfits and sports gaudy fashion senses. That doesn't work in the real world. Learn to separate reality from fiction.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
First of all: Dante is more than "This party is getting crazy".
He can talk like most people. Plus if you put a young Dante into a party in real life, and he said "This party is getting crazy!" he would not look any weird for saying that.

But if Dante went into a mall and said that, of course he would get awkward stares. Anyone would, videogame character or real person. Because malls are a place where you buy things not party.

Second this discussion is not about Dante looking cool or getting awkward stares. It's a fact that anyone seeing Dante in real life would stare at him.

The topic is "Would he get laughed out?"

I showed Brad Pit with red leather, and DMC 1 Dante pictures. None of those pictures made me go "hahaha that guy looks really weird!".

And here is someone who cosplays as Dante:
Dante_vs__Dante___hmmm_by_alucard27.jpg

It's easy to take DMC4Dante (anime artstyle) with weird clothes and unpolished design, and put him into a real life picture and say "hahaha look at that guy".
Personally i wouldnt laugh at DMC4Dante, id think "He looks weird" as i do when i look at a pic of him. Do i laugh at him? Not really, it's not funny at all.

Neither would i laugh at that cosplayer over there if i saw him in a causaul place.
When I go to a party the first thing that isn't on my mind is to walk through the door yelling "This party's getting crazy! Let's rock!"

I'd probably get a response like "What the f*ck are you doing? Chill out idiot."

Do you see anyone who talks and acts like Dante? Like really? He'd probably be a riot at parties and not for the good reason. Those cosplayers are attending a convention. I gurantee you those guys don't dress like that on a regular basis. Sure they are walking around dressed up like a video game character, like hundreds are doing the same thing at those events.

When I go to a party the first thing that isn't on my mind is to walk through the door yelling "This party's getting crazy! Let's rock!"

Well you know there's the fact that Dante isn't a realistic character.

Did the red coat, over the top personality, white hair and very cartoonish vibe of the game fly over your head?

IncarnatedDemon

Well you know there's always the fact that Dante isn't a realistic character.
And very rarely anyone would open door to a party and say "This party is getting crazy". It's when your in midst of the party you'd say that not just when you walked into the party.

I am going have this thread locked. Chancey keeps making Dante looks bad with intent.

Like giving a example of "IF Dante walked into a local mal and said "This party is getting crazy" he would get laughed out".

Noone does that in a mall. Malls are there for buying of products.

Hell if i said that or the most normal person said it, that person would get a huge "WTF stare" from everyone.

Now here is a more logical analogy:
If Dante was partying in a club, and all of sudden he said "This party is getting Crazy!!!", would people go "Dude shut **** up".
PRobably not.

The idea of partying is letting loose. So if Dante can't shout a bit loud "This party is getting Crazy!!" - then it's definetly not a good party. Prolly a facist party or something :p

Plus Dante isn't just "This party is getting Crrazy!!"".
Both in DMC 1, DMC 2, DMC 3 and DMC 4 and in anime he has shown to be serious.

I mean the guy doesnt go around
into a bar: "This party is getting crazy!!!"
into a dance floor "This party is getting crazy!" (Though that wud perhaps be fitting?)
into a library "This party is getting crazy!!"
into a hospital "This party is getting Crazy!!"

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
The hell? There is a REASON why you see NO ONE dressed as Dante outside of a costume party or anime convention. I'm cool with a t shirt and jeans dude. Go out and sport Dante's attitude and look. Even from the DMC 3 version. No one will think you are cool. You'll look like a weirdo and a loser. They'll probably ask you where's your mom and your helmet.Dante isn't the definition of cool. He works in his world where everyone wears dumb outfits and sports gaudy fashion senses. That doesn't work in the real world. Learn to separate reality from fiction.
But then again your logic is not fact

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well you know there's the fact that Dante isn't a realistic character.

Did the red coat, over the top personality, white hair and very cartoonish vibe of the game fly over your head?
Dante is a cartoon character....
images

Did you just miss the point of our discussion or you didn't even bother to read it?

IncarnatedDemon

A loser is someone who doesn't engage themself in whatever.

Cosplayers being losers?
If anything it shows how brave they are to stand out from the crowd.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
A loser is someone who doesn't engage themself in whatever.

Cosplayers being losers?
If anything it shows how brave they are to stand out from the crowd.
I didn't say that. I have cosplayed before but it was at an anime convention. You wouldn't see me dressing up like Green Arrow just go to the store. I have lots of friends who enjoy cosplaying but we DON'T sport costumes like it's the norm on a day to day basis. I'm pretty sure your boss won't find it brave to show up to work looking like Dante.

ZeroLove

Chancey, IncarnatedDemon... Stop going at eachother. I realized there's no point in doing so with Lulz, so I put him on ignore. Maybe you two should do the same with one another, because in the end, all you do is ruin the thread which is disrespectful to the OP and the other members on this forum. I learned my lesson, now is the time you guys learn it too.

IncarnatedDemon

Chancey, IncarnatedDemon... Stop going at eachother. I realized there's no point in doing so with Lulz, so I put him on ignore. Maybe you two should do the same with one another, because in the end, all you do is ruin the thread which is disrespectful to the OP and the other members on this forum. I learned my lesson, now is the time you guys learn it too.
I am not. If you look through Chancey's post directed at me he has said things he shouldn't.
I dont care about him.

I just get annoyed at him painting a picture to make his point valid.

Like i said, noone goes into a local mall and says "This party is getting crazy!", even Dante doesnt do that.

And i havent named called Chancey or anything. I've for most part just replied to his statements which is point of discussions.

But it's hard for me to continue doing it or even adress everything he says when he says things that are illogical.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Because what I'm saying really is illogical.-_- Saying the cartoonish Dante that doesn't work in the real world is illogical. Saying that you wouldn't be a laughing stock if you dressed and did stuff like that in public spontaneously (outside of where people are doing it anyway like at a convention) is illogical. Just pointing out the obvious and the reality is illogical.

Seriously I don't know what wacky fantasy worlds you guys live in but this is the real world we're talking about and Dante doesn't fit it. Sure Dante works in his fantasy world because it isn't real. Yet you keep defending that and that's the illogical stuff.

Demon your examples for acting like a person who dresses like Dante would get away with it without any questioning was literally cosplay pics. And you can see in the reflection other people dressed up because that's normal for those events. I can promise you those 2 Dante's probably have a life outside of conventions. I don't think they would dress like that every day. Yet you seriously try to say otherwise......
What_is_this_I_don__t_even____by_Whatthecell.jpg

Terrutas

Probably because he isn't supposed to fit in, mate.

It's a fantasy, it holds no account in reality and if you compare every fantasy character to reality you'd reach the same conclusion.

I wonder why? do you think you could provide insight?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Probably because he isn't supposed to fit in, mate.

It's a fantasy, it holds no account in reality and if you compare every fantasy character to reality you'd reach the same conclusion.

I wonder why? do you think you could provide insight?
I KNOW that. Old Dante works in Old Dante's world. Demon on the other hand is literally trying to say otherwise.

IncarnatedDemon

Saying the cartoonish Dante that doesn't work in the real world is illogical.
But Dante wouldn't be cartoonish if he lived in real world. Besides even if Dante looked like this in real world:
628756-dante_1.jpg

I'd think few people would laugh at him. They would stare and think "That guy looks weird" (clothes + weapons+ white hair).

But what about Dante in that picture is far from laughable and weird or uncool?
- He is in shape
- And he looks pretty good

So how is Dante a laughing matter if he appeared like that in real life?
We could drop the guns and sword.
Unusual but not laughable.

And if Dante existed in real world, his clothes would be more realistic. He was never made to reflect real people either, he has white hair, a sword, two guns and demon herritage.

Demon your examples for acting like a person who dresses like Dante would get away with it without any questioning was literally cosplay pics. And you can see in the reflection other people dressed up because that's normal for those events. I can promise you those 2 Dante's probably have a life outside of conventions. I don't think they would dress like that every day. Yet you seriously try to say otherwise......
If Dante appeared in real world dressed as he was in DMC 3 or DMC 1 (DMC4 was just poorly designed Dante):
Many people would look at him and think hes weird. I agree with that.

But people wouldn't necessarily laugh at him for that.

In our contemporary world we are used to cosplays, and we are used to people being different.And people who probably would burst out in laugh are people who are not in the cities or live a life where they are barely exposed to society.

Top Bottom