• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante walking into a bar

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well, cosplaying conventions would be the 'cosplayer's' world. So why can't cosplays work there?
I never said that though. I even admitted I cosplay myself. Haven't done it much though. My girlfriend and I at that time went together to a convention as Green Arrow and Black Canary. I've even cosplayed L from Death Note when my hair was longer and my friends were the other characters from that show. My point was just that it is cosplayers paradise when you go to stuff like that but it's not like we'd wear our costumes and get away with it just anywhere.

Terrutas

Well as far as I'm aware, I don't think people would cosplay and go buy groceries.

But I would cosplay Dante, go to a pizza place and ask for one order of cuhrayzee. For the laughs. ;3

IncarnatedDemon

I don't disagree that if anyone walked around as Dante anywhere except for cosplay events they would get stares i.e they would not get away with it.

But there are CLEAR difference between cosplayers and Dante himself.
Dante is in great shape
He has natural white hair
And his clothes are much better quality and look than the cosplayers.

Plus his sword and guns are as real as they can be.

But in our society we are used to cosplayers, whether that be at cosplay events or not.
I barely seen any cosplayers where i live, but if i did, i wouldnt go "hahaha that guy is so different from me hahaha he is weird hahah".
Id think "Wow cool a cosplayer" and go into thought processes like "She/He is cosplaying as ___"

But Dante himself isn't a cosplayer, and if you compare Dante cosplayers with Dante you will find alot weird things:

- Sword and guns arent real
- The hair is either a wig or dyed white hair. PLUS their hair style or hair condition isn't as good as Dantes.
- They are females or males with not perfect body like Dante has. Many of them have no six packs showing.
- Their coats aren't as awesome as Dantes.

And we all can agree that most characters who your going to cosplay as - demand a certain body.

So with that said most Dante cosplayer would get MUCH more "That guy looks weird" than Dante.
Dante himself on other hand would make people think:

"That guy has weird clothes"
"Wow hes handsome"
"Wtf he has a gun and a sworD?!!"
"Look at those abs!"

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
But Dante wouldn't be cartoonish if he lived in real world. Besides even if Dante looked like this in real world:
628756-dante_1.jpg

I'd think few people would laugh at him. They would stare and think "That guy looks weird" (clothes + weapons+ white hair).

But what about Dante in that picture is far from laughable and weird or uncool?
- He is in shape
- And he looks pretty good

So how is Dante a laughing matter if he appeared like that in real life?
We could drop the guns and sword.
Unusual but not laughable.

And if Dante existed in real world, his clothes would be more realistic. He was never made to reflect real people either, he has white hair, a sword, two guns and demon herritage.

If Dante appeared in real world dressed as he was in DMC 3 or DMC 1 (DMC4 was just poorly designed Dante):
Many people would look at him and think hes weird. I agree with that.

But people wouldn't necessarily laugh at him for that.

In our contemporary world we are used to cosplays, and we are used to people being different.And people who probably would burst out in laugh are people who are not in the cities or live a life where they are barely exposed to society.
Man whatever. You would dress like Dante just to go out? Dante's design really does look more like a costume more than anything. It's not like he threw his apparel together after going shop through JC Penny or something. I wouldn't dress like any version of Dante unless it was for a convention or costume party or something.

The closest thing I've ever gotten to rocking a Dante look was how I've gotten my hair cut before in the past a little similar to DmC's hair. I've rocked the fauxhawk in the past and I just like short hair. My fashion sense just consist of mostly jeans and a t shirt though. I don't think I'd wear a coat like Dante's because I'd rather wear my awesome Power Rangers hoodie if it gets a little cool.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well as far as I'm aware, I don't think people would cosplay and go buy groceries.

But I would cosplay Dante, go to a pizza place and ask for one order of cuhrayzee. For the laughs. ;3
I ordered a pizza and answered the door dressed like a Ninja Turtle before. I made that delivery guy's day.

Terrutas

I don't agree, Demon.

Seeing as someone walking buy with a Dante costume is out of the norm, pretty much anyone would stare at him.
Especially you since you're a fan, you might even walk up to him. Ya know, out of excitement?

ZeroLove

To walk around, dressed like Dante, outside of any cosplay conventions... Get ready to be laughed at. And why? Simply because it isn't normal, it is silly and ridiculous. However, if that's what they wanna do, then I say go ahead. But to do so does seem like a cry for attention.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
For me not to laugh at a Dante cosplayer it would have to be really good (I feel that way about cosplay in general) but also I'd wonder why is he doing this if I was just in wal-mart or something. I really wouldn't care though. I guess I have no room to talk where I got dared to go inside walmart dress like Solid Snake and went sneak around everywhere. I did silly things when I was a teenager. I still do but I would think of something better than Dante.I CAN DO BETTER! HAH!

Terrutas

Oh come on. So you've actually DONE the thing you're saying is stupid? And yet you take pride in it? what the hell dude?

That just seems..illogical to me. :^)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Oh come on. So you've actually DONE the thing you're saying is stupid? And yet you take pride in it? what the hell dude?

That just seems..illogical to me. :^)
But we just did something like that as some silly prank for attention. I was a sophomore in high school and there was a Wal-Mart like right next to our school. It's different than me dressing up as Solid Snake and going around acting like him in public in a mental state of mind that it really is universally accepted. Some people laughed, others thought I was an idiot, Metal Gear fans starting quoting sh!t as I passed by. It was a silly joke. There's the difference.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's just like you walking in a pizza shop as Dante for the sake of amusement. Doing something like that is a lot different from actually really sporting that attitude and fashion sense because you take it to heart. I think most people would think there's something seriously wrong with you if you decided to dive in to a fantasy persona to that extent.

Dante in the manga walked into that bar he likes. Even had a few drinks I think.

Maybe he didn't get laughed out because he's a pretty cool guy and some people were dressed like bunnies.

IncarnatedDemon

The only thing by Dante that makes me think he looks weird is his leather coat and pants and the weapons.

Everything else by him looks pretty normal to me.

But i really don't get where the funny part about him is.
I mean unless your exchanging laughable with weird.

He is in great shape in contrast to most cosplayers ive seen.

Like i said a cosplayer walking around as Dante, would get stares and some people would laugh at him.

But if Dante walked around in real life, few people would laugh at him because he looks freaking awesome.
He is in great shape, his hair is natural, and though his clothes are weird its much better looking than what cosplayers are wearing.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
How do you guys know what normal is? Normal is defined by different persons in their own personal views. Normal cannot be defined to only on definition. What some people may see as normal I can see it as abnormal..People tend to say things are not normal cause they haven't experience it or don't know about it... So again there is no such thing as normal, every one is different that makes them abnormal.

Top Bottom