• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante walking into a bar

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You described what is popular or well known. Plus when was "what is cool" comes into this. I was talking about what is normal and acceptable.

I mean a lot of people would say modern rap/rock is utter sh*t..to me it is. In fact I find myself enjoying more old school music than this prepubescent sh*t the not so creative industry produces...well there is always underground but underground rap usually uses old school method of rap.

As for your point on DMC...what is cool a long time ago isn't cool today that point I can agree with but it depends and he was referring to DMC (or that is what it seems). Its insinuating that since DMC came out 12 years ago its not cool anymore. I mean Pokemon is still cool/popular, Spongebob is still popular, Mario is still popular, and Street Fighter are still popular.

If what stuff 12 years ago isn't cool today why does NT uses influences from various old school movies like They Live and Fight Club and other old school concept such as the punk rock movement? If he wanted DmC to appeal to today's standards you think he'll use influence from today movies, fashion, music, and media not stuff that aren't cool anymore because they were in the 70s, 80s, 90s as you said.
I've said that already. DmC if anything takes more influence from the 90s and that punk style more than anything. Fight Club is timeless though and that movie is freaking amazing. My rule is you don't talk bad about Fight Club lol.

And overall it's not even really about the concept of what's cool about DMC. I've always accepted and realized from day 1 this new game was going to differ from the original series and the intention behind DmC was to lift Dante from that silly cartoon stereotype he was and make him a more believable and well rounded character. Even though I could obviously care less about Dante I think it's fair to say DmC Dante is a more well rounded character than the original guy ever was because he was about as deep as a coloring book and about as engaging as a piece of sandpaper. From just analyzing the characters, DmC is more dynamic has has more going for him. That being said, the only Dante I actually like is from DMC 1.

I don't think Dante is all that cool. The 1st one to me is the one I'd rather watch but I dismiss 3, 4, and DmC Dante as just the dude I'm playing as and sure as hell not really cool in my opinion. It's the games I love to play. Just be honest and admit you just like the original Dante better instead of beating around the bush in trying to "prove" your point. It will never come down to nothing more than your own personal opinion.

The argument I see being thrown around is acting like making Dante have a bit more depth to his character is something that's a "bad thing for the character". I guess you really just like settling for the bare minimum for something you supposedly care about. Eh, I rather hold on to the hope Dante and Devil May Cry would improve on that because I only want the best for something I care about and all. But I guess I'm missing the point because I have to just appreciate the bad stuff about the Devil May Cry series that doesn't deserve any real praise.

Top Bottom