• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

CountDown

EllDawn

lol. It looks like I'm the only one that doesn't like energy drinks.

Damn time zone. I'm three hours behind, so it's still Sunday here. Oh well. I sleep late, anyway. So it's likely to be available by the time I wake up on Tuesday.

Paexie

lol. It looks like I'm the only one that doesn't like energy drinks.

Damn time zone. I'm three hours behind, so it's still Sunday here. Oh well. I sleep late, anyway. So it's likely to be available by the time I wake up on Tuesday.
Nah. You are not alone. I just don't play with drinks or snacks.

Man this wait is killing me.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
So I've already played DmC and I just wanted to let you guys know a few things.

Firstly, if you have ridiculously high expectations, let them go.

Secondly, if you're planning on doing crazy combos straight away, stop. Its not going to work out and youll end up performing random moves.

Thirdly, it's awesome, so get ready for a good game.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium

Secondly, if you're planning on doing crazy combos straight away, stop. Its not going to work out and youll end up performing random moves.

?
These statements are contradicting one another. Why not have high expectations if you're telling us it's awesome?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
?
These statements are contradicting one another. Why not have high expectations if you're telling us it's awesome?

I take that with a grain of salt from someone who played an older build outside of the comfort of their home and without an infinite amount of time to spend on the game :p

berto

I Saw the Devil

This is good advice.

Here are some things that I would like to advice as well:

Your brain will automaticly reach for the lock on botton in the heat of the moment, when you are in a fight trying to lockon remember that it's a dudge. By the second play trough it won't be an issue, if you adapt fast, but it happened tome a few times.

Make sure you are looking at the cristals you're trying to grapple.

If you want to practice with another title it won't hurt, it's going to take some time to get used to the game one way or another so you don't have to worry about ruining yourself or something.

Just because it looks easy on screen doesn't translate to easy on the controller, don't get discuraged, the demo has infinate yellow orbs.

Dante47

I'd like to mess around as much as I can in this demo. Try out all the new combos and see the enemies weaknesses and strengths. Enemy AI design is very important to the Devil May Cry franchise, so hopefully they are programmed well, otherwise a huge chuck of the DMC experience is ruined.

But, I still expect it to be good.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It's funny to talk about enemy behavior in DMCs when a majority of the time they're just sandbags to beat up :p

berto

I Saw the Devil
It's funny to talk about enemy behavior in DMCs when a majority of the time they're just sandbags to beat up :p
That's kind of true, in 4 they are rather tame and do more prancing than anything, in 2 they are rather active but not particularly difficult, one bullet is enough to stunt them so they are practicly punching bags, but in 1 and 3 you do need a fair ammount of strategy and the thougher opponents aren't push overs.

DmC is a bit different; because the enemies are not always attacking and they give you a pretty lenghty warning they don't seem very dangerous but when they do attack and land a blow it's fairly damaging and it can get overwealming... Well, I only got to play once so maybe once you get used to it and the enemy patters it'll be a different story.

Top Bottom