• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

C/D: No one should have the rights to make an DMC game..

Only Hideaki Itsuno or Hideki Kamiya should make DMC games.

• Confirm.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Deny.

Votes: 29 87.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IncarnatedDemon

I'm sure there is a way in making Bayonetta and DMC crossover that tells a good story and also gives fan service of Dante and Bayonetta.

How? I dont know. Noone is paying me for doing something like that. I don't got time to do such work anyways.

It's not a task you'd compare to curing cancer.
Compared to that it's pretty easy, it's really up to the developers.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Bayonetta and Dante crossing over is stupid.

Dante and Spawn. That's a badass team and let's see that happen instead.

How about Vergil and Azrael? (From Arkham City, I mean... imagine the awesome swordfights they would have)

IncarnatedDemon

30mbuva.png

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
I might be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that Kamiya isnt interested in the series anymore
he isn't interested in it anymore because other people have messed with it, and he doesn't view it as "his series" anymore. He was okay with other people taking over it, but now that it's gone in a new direction, he feels he doesn't deserve to work on it because he has nothing to do with any of the devil may cry games after the first one. I'm looking for a source, but my folders are cluttered as **** and this is the closest thing I can find to kamiya talking about DMC
http://i.imgur.com/JH3sQXc.png

I've got mixed feelings about this thread's topic, but I'm going to cast my vote for confirm. Unless it's what the original creator wants, you shouldn't take their series away from them and give it to someone else.

on the one hand, itsuno made the series what it is today, and that couldn't have happened unless the series was taken from the creator and given to someone else. On the other hand, I *really* don't like how in order to get a game published, 90% of the time you have to sign your rights to it away, because video games are the only medium where that happens, and it happens damn near all the time.

Think of it like this. Imagine JK rowling is getting harry potter published, but in order to do so, she had to give up intellectual property rights to it. Her contract says her book will run a full series, but it doesn't say it'll be with her. She comes out with two or three books, and then suddenly the publishers decide to fire her and hire stephenie meyer because they want the series to appeal to the current generation. It sounds ridiculous, but this is basically what happens in game publishing all the time.

A few current examples spring to mind with mass effect, (the writer was fired after 2), the call of duty games, and of course devil may cry. Sure, sometimes it works out for the better, but those few instances are not a good reason to continue this bullshit practice.

Kam

What are you talking about? Nero has both the arm (sort of) and the double-barreled revolver.

Aw, did I point out yet another stolen idea in their precious game? :(

actually nero's physical appearance and idea for his arm was based on gene from god hand. Both have similar attitudes, appearances, and super powered right arms that are thought to hold divine (demonic) power. It becomes more obvious if you view them side by side
wRtPjgb.png

Even the ability to store ethereal weapons inside the arm and then bring them out for a super powered attack is something both these characters share. Granted gene didn't use guns or carry a sword, but claiming nero's gun is proof that DMC4 ripped off hellboy is hinging on the same kind of logic used when people say "DMC was based on inuyasha because the main character wears red and has a huge sword and is a half demon"

You can do better than that.

edit: forgot a word

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
actually nero's physical appearance and idea for his arm was based on gene from god hand. Both have similar attitudes, appearances, and super powered right arms that are thought to hold divine (demonic) power. It becomes more obvious if you view them side by side
wRtPjgb.png

Even the ability to store ethereal weapons inside the arm and then bring them out for a super powered is something both these characters share. Granted gene didn't use guns or carry a sword, but claiming nero's gun is proof that DMC4 ripped off hellboy is hinging on the same kind of logic used when people say "DMC was based on inuyasha because the main character wears red and has a huge sword and is a half demon"

DMC 3 sure takes a lot of influence from Inuyasha. Nero was just Dante with a blue coat. He's Dante's clone that's also pretty much pointless.

Kam

Bayonetta and Dante crossing over is stupid.

Dante and Spawn. That's a badass team and let's see that happen instead.
they already are crossed over. Unofficially, mind you, since kamiya made that decision after he lost control of DMC so it couldn't be canon, but if you keep an eye out bayonetta is littered with references to the game taking place in the same universe as devil may cry. References like this one

0rWSMs6.png

There are more though. For example, enzo ferino has the same name and fits the same appearance and personality as dante's informant, though in the DMC universe he's only ever described in the game manual as the one who gets dante his jobs.

Then there's antonio redgrave, luca's father. In the DMC universe dante uses this name when he works as a mercenary, (once again, you had to dig through the player manual to find this, though most people are aware that "for tony redgrave" is written on both dante's guns) and his reason for going by this name was "his respect for antonio"

That's all I got off the top of my head. I used to remember more but it's been a while

Kam

DMC 3 sure takes a lot of influence from Inuyasha. Nero was just Dante with a blue coat. He's Dante's clone that's also pretty much pointless.
mechanically he was supposed to provide a much lower barrier of entry to newer DMC players. His devil bringer was there so unskilled players would have a reliable ability that would still make them feel awesome, while his exceed system was there for those player to pick up when his devil bringer inevitably outlived its usefulness (or was constantly countered in the harder difficulties).

So he actually did have a point, though I will admit he was a bit of a whiny ****

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
mechanically he was supposed to provide a much lower barrier of entry to newer DMC players. His devil bringer was there so unskilled players would have a reliable ability that would still make them feel awesome, while his exceed system was there for those player to pick up when his devil bringer inevitably outlived its usefulness (or was constantly countered in the harder difficulties).

So he actually did have a point, though I will admit he was a bit of a whiny ****
They could have just figured out a way to map that arm to Dante because he's still swinging a sword and shooting guns just like Dante. Not to mention looking pretty much exactly like him. To be honest a really long time ago when I saw him I thought he was Dante. He's not a very drastic difference. They should have started by making him look different and instead of a sword and gun, design a combat system based just on that arm of his.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well we won't know how Kamiya will react if Capcom wants to make a collaboration game with PG until Capcom asks PG.

And answer to your question: Yes, it's a good idea.

Dante loves women
Bayonetta is a femme fatale
Bayo is a female version of Dante

This will be Dante's reaction to Bayonetta

I can imagine Dante telling Bayonetta "Let's rock baby"
AWESOMENESS :D

I thought Bayonetta hated cocky guys.

Hum, now that we're already talking about this, please allow me to ask a question:
How would a DMCxBayonetta work story wise? I mean, Bayonetta is a witch, who needs to create contracts with demons for her magic to actually work, if I remember correctly. Dante is a demon hunter. Wouldn't that be... a problem? :/

She could make a contract with Dante.

This is a perfect thread for me to bring this quote up...

Tameem: "What was cool in the past isn't cool anymore":troll:

Just to get my point across.

Fixed.:troll:

Kam

They could have just figured out a way to map that arm to Dante because he's still swinging a sword and shooting guns just like Dante. Not to mention looking pretty much exactly like him. To be honest a really long time ago when I saw him I thought he was Dante. He's not a very drastic difference. They should have started by making him look different and instead of a sword and gun, design a combat system based just on that arm of his.
he's still swinging a sword and shooting guns just like Dante... design a combat system based just on that arm of his.
have you actually played the game, or have you just seen pictures?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
the same kind of logic used when people say "DMC was based on inuyasha because the main character wears red and has a huge sword and is a half demon"

You're right I can.

I believe DMC3 was based off Inuyasha because the stories are quite alike no matter how much you want to deny. A full fledged demon with three powerful swords falls in love with a human woman and she gives birth to half demon half human sons. One becomes a cocky red wearing white haired, giant sword wielding demon hunter, while the other becomes a white haired cooled, mysterious katana and broadsword (Force edge) carrying loner who wants to retrieve his father's power.

I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but that sounds similar to DMC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom