• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

C/D: No one should have the rights to make an DMC game..

Only Hideaki Itsuno or Hideki Kamiya should make DMC games.

• Confirm.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Deny.

Votes: 29 87.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
What do you think about adding female characters for that mix too?
Hmm depending though it is easier with a male MC the routes would Trish, Lady, Lucia, Kyrie, and the mystery route would be Nevan and Eva <- Don't question my logic

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
He did co-direct DmC though.

As Capcom execs said DmC was a collaboration between them and NT.....mostly NT though.

and they had every right to do so, i didnt say he shouldnt. just that he has no special right to.

Railazel

I am so... tired... of... hearing... the name... Kamiya
At this point, you should get used to it. It's what happens when "true fans" want to defend their opinions by using the statements of the "true creator." But Kamiya's been pretty cool with this. He doesn't care for DMC, so he never had any real opinion on it.

IncarnatedDemon

At this point, you should get used to it. It's what happens when "true fans" want to defend their opinions by using the statements of the "true creator." But Kamiya's been pretty cool with this. He doesn't care for DMC, so he never had any real opinion on it.

Kamiya sticks up for DmC
Kamiya misses DMC 1 Dante
Kamiya would do a DMC game if Capcom asked him to and it was fans wish

1UP: Were you hurt by that, or were you working on another project when Capcom came to you and said, "Hey, we're doing a sequel to DMC?"
HK: It was a pretty big shock, so what was happening at the time was we were finishing up the localization on Devil May Cry for other territories, like North America and other last minute details, when a planner from another group came down to talk to me and said, "Can you show me the scenario and design doc for the first game?" And I asked why, and he said, "Because I'm making the second one." I was thinking, "I can't make the second game? What's going on here?" I was almost afraid of getting fired. Devil May Cry originally started out as Resident Evil 3, but it turned into DMC because it was so different, and we lost a year of development time. So I thought maybe I was screwing things up and that Capcom wanted to fire me, which would explain why I couldn't do DMC2, because the news came as such a surprise to me.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Kamiya lost a year of development time?? And he's upset that he lost DMC??

How about grateful that he still got to work there?? Now I know where the "self-entitlement attitudes" from the elitists come from... straight from their own personal "God-King".

I told everyone that DMC1 used the Resident Evil Engine, but no one believed me. I was right all along.

IncarnatedDemon

Kamiya lost a year of development time?? And he's upset that he lost DMC??

How about grateful that he still got to work there?? Now I know where the "self-entitlement attitudes" from the elitists come from... straight from their own personal "God-King".

I told everyone that DMC1 used the Resident Evil Engine, but no one believed me. I was right all along.
What are you on about?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm saying that the influence of these "leaders" trickle down to the masses.This whole negative attitude just didn't come out of nowhere. The DMC fanbase was already difficult to deal with, even before DmC.

I'm also saying that DMC1 was just RE3 but with improved controls, jumping, and enemy juggling. It was just "Guts' Rage: Sword of the Berserk" with slightly better combat.

Virtua Fighter and Soul Caliber had enemy juggling first, anyway.

Legacy of Kain: Defiance had the "Aerial Rave" move before DMC3, as well.

IncarnatedDemon

So Kamiya being passionate about Devil May Cry makes him a negative influence?

1UP: I'm amazed that Capcom wouldn't know to keep you on the series. I remember getting my hands on the first Devil May Cry at Capcom's Sunnyvale offices in California, and I was just blown away by it. It's still one of the best games on the PlayStation 2. It's surprising that they would fail to recognize where the talent was when green-lighting the sequel.
HK: From a company perspective, I can imagine how they would think about it. From their perspective, they don't just want to have an intellectual property that relies on one person forever, they want to be able to balance it out and probably have multiple people who can make the game. They probably envision that when they're selling the product, and it doesn't matter who makes it. They might have had that in mind. They didn't realize though that DMC1 was DMC1 because of the people who worked on it. Rather, it's just a product to whomever can make the second one. It was probably a bit of a mistake there. If you think about movies and things, and you have a movie with a famous director, and the second one changes to a different director, people start wondering, "Uh oh, what's happening here? Will the second one be as good?" But with videogames, when the director doesn't return for the follow-up, those same switches turn off. As long as people see a "2" on the game, they think it'll be the same as "1." I'd love for gamers to look at the games more carefully and realize who's making them. That would help a lot.

Does Kamiya bashing never end on these forums?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm saying his attitude makes him a negative influence.

I don't care about either Devil May Cry series, so none of it matters to me anyway.

Also, when asked what was the difference between the original RE and "Alone in the Dark" he just said, "better graphics".

Well, I'm sure that's perfect justification for copying someone else's gameplay template.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_in_the_Dark

Look at this man. He's the one you should be thanking for RE (and by extension, DMC). Not Kamiya.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frédérick_Raynal

But who cares right? No one remembers him. Let's all continue worshiping Kamiya for ideas he never came up with in the first place.

RE is RE because of the people who worked on Alone in the Dark.

IncarnatedDemon

Oh yeah, for got about the 1UP interview. But didn't he say somewhere that he stop caring or was that some one else? Or am I just horribly mistaken?
I don't know, find me the statement please, i would like to read it.
But one thing is fact: Kamiya cared for Devil May Cry, if he still is passionate about DMC today only he knows since he hinted he would accept a offer from Capcom in making a DMC game if fans wanted.

Railazel

RE is RE because of the people who worked on Alone in the Dark.

Or RE is RE because of the people who worked on RE. Hell, that's like saying we should stop liking God of War because it copied from Devil May Cry.

I don't know, find me the statement please, i would like to read it.
But one thing is fact: Kamiya cared for Devil May Cry, if he still is passionate about DMC today only he knows since he hinted he would accept a offer from Capcom in making a DMC game if fans wanted.

Then I was just mistaken then. Gosh dang me and my horrible memory.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Here's the thing though:

DMC1 is still remembered. Alone in the Dark is all but forgotten. No one even knows who Frederick Raynal is while people praise Kamiya from the rooftops.

I'd say that's pretty goddamn unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom