• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

C/D: No one should have the rights to make an DMC game..

Only Hideaki Itsuno or Hideki Kamiya should make DMC games.

• Confirm.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Deny.

Votes: 29 87.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martius

SSSmokin!
From what i can remember life is anything but fair. Also, this is forum about DMC, not survival horror games or Alone in the Dark.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think Kamiya still cares for Dante as character.

So i hope in near future we may see a good BayonettaxDante game. Hopefully the story will be decent but also filled with great interactions between Dante and Bayonetta.

Kamiya about DMC: Ask Capcom
Bearing in mind that interview was in 2011. A lot can happen in that time. Who knows what else he is developing now? Maybe he wouldn't have time for a new DMC.

Plus would it be a good idea to have two very big personality characters like Dante and Bayonetta in the same game? It would be a constant fight for the spotlight. :p Each are used to being the stars of their games. I don't see them sharing anytime soon.

IncarnatedDemon

Bearing in mind that interview was in 2011. A lot can happen in that time. Who knows what else he is developing now? Maybe he wouldn't have time for a new DMC.

Plus would it be a good idea to have two very big personality characters like Dante and Bayonetta in the same game? It would be a constant fight for the spotlight. :p Each are used to being the stars of their games. I don't see them sharing anytime soon.
Well we won't know how Kamiya will react if Capcom wants to make a collaboration game with PG until Capcom asks PG.

And answer to your question: Yes, it's a good idea.

Dante loves women
Bayonetta is a femme fatale
Bayo is a female version of Dante

This will be Dante's reaction to Bayonetta

I can imagine Dante telling Bayonetta "Let's rock baby"
AWESOMENESS :D

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Kamiya: I would do a new Devil May Cry if the fans wanted it

Would love to see a DMCxBayonetta game as a closure for DMC serie.

You could tie DMC to Bayonetta with Eva.
Saying Eva was a witch that summoned Sparda.

Would be one way to connect Bayo and DMC, which allows for a decent story.

Anywyas so we all agree that variety is spice of life, and thus DmC 2 should be developed by a different studio than NT? Sounds interesting.
I still think its' one of the best crossover ideas ever.

IncarnatedDemon

My expectation for a BayonettaxDante crossover game is:
- a decent story sheding light on Eva (Dante's mother), perhaps telling us that Eva was a witch as Bayonetta game hints to
- Bayonetta and Dante epic scenes

- Good gameplay

And i think it has good potential if the developers do their job right:

The stuff below - none of it is fan art stuff

Bracelet of Time(Bayonetta)

Description: Eva, a truly extraordinary witch, entered into contract with a legendary dark knight, and then faced the amassed armies of Inferno. These bracelets were made by her hand, and those wearing them are said to become true masters of Witch Time at their very will.

Dantebayo.jpg

Sunaka Marién

Hum, now that we're already talking about this, please allow me to ask a question:
How would a DMCxBayonetta work story wise? I mean, Bayonetta is a witch, who needs to create contracts with demons for her magic to actually work, if I remember correctly. Dante is a demon hunter. Wouldn't that be... a problem? :/

IncarnatedDemon

Hum, now that we're already talking about this, please allow me to ask a question:
How would a DMCxBayonetta work story wise? I mean, Bayonetta is a witch, who needs to create contracts with demons for her magic to actually work, if I remember correctly. Dante is a demon hunter. Wouldn't that be... a problem? :/
1) Kamiya has hinted Dante's mother, Eva, was a witch
2) Dante is half demon

Besides you could differentiate the demons in Bayonetta with demons in DMC universe.

For example Bayonetta could have tried to summon a demon but ended up with her summoning Dante from DMC universe

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
As far as the topic goes, I'm a little torn

I want to say that it's good have things a little different and mix things up a bit but at the same time...

If it's made by someone else other then the creator of the series, it won't have the same vibe that you drawn to to begin with. Hell, people still complain that the DMC 3 and DMC 4 Dante are too different from the first one. And the common reason I here that's behind that is that It was directed by two different people.

Then I think about Donkey Kong Country Returns, and game that's similar to the SNES versions gameplay wise, added unique elements to it while retaining the feel the originals had, and that was totally not developed by Rare and it's orignal creators (I believe it was done by Retro Studios if I'm not mistaken) . But it was done right (imo)

So I guess I wouldn't really care who does it as long as its done right by a company that knows wth they're doing.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Hm, yeah, maybe... but it should at least be something to be discussed in the story. It'd be kinda weired it he'd just be completely ok with all that stuff.
Well working with Bayonetta could be choosing lesser evil to fight with something worse than demons or something like that.

IncarnatedDemon

Not interested in trying to solve a puzzle on how to make BayonettaxDante crossover work so well that people go "OMG this is a pretty good story".

Anyways...most crossovers are for fun and dont really bother with the laws of World X (DMC) and laws of World Y(Bayontta), and how those two worlds law work when mixed together.

Though if someone paid me 300 dollars, i'd probably solve the puzzle.

That is making Bayoworlds law not crash with DMCs worlds laws.

Sunaka Marién

1) Kamiya has hinted Dante's mother, Eva, was a witch
2) Dante is half demon

Besides you could differentiate the demons in Bayonetta with demons in DMC universe.

For example Bayonetta could have tried to summon a demon but ended up with her summoning Dante from DMC universe
You know, if we are to assume that the Eva mentioned in Bayonetta is the same Eva as in DMC, then we should aslo assume that the demons in Bayo are the same as the ones in DMC, so diffentiating between them would be pointless. Especially if you'd go with a plot of "Bayonetta summoned Dante". And if they went for that kinda plot I'd sure as hell say 'nope' 'cuz that'd be like Bayo making Dante her underling form the very start :/
Not interested in trying to solve a puzzle on how to make BayonettaxDante crossover work so well that people go "OMG this is a pretty good story".

Anyways...most crossovers are for fun and dont really bother with the laws of World X (DMC) and laws of World Y(Bayontta), and how those two worlds law work when mixed together.

Though if someone paid me 300 dollars, i'd probably solve the puzzle.

That is making Bayoworlds law not crash with DMCs worlds laws.
I only brought it up becaues you said you'd want it to have a "decent" story, so I thought decent=story that works logically. If it's just for fun and games, sure, no need to get all logical :p
Well working with Bayonetta could be choosing lesser evil to fight with something worse than demons or something like that.
But what would they be fighting then? Lumen Sages? If so it'd basically be Bayonetta with a prolonged Dante cameo rather than a real crossover :ermm:

GF9000000Returns

This is a perfect thread for me to bring this quote up...

Tameem: "What was cool in the past isn't cool anymore"

Just to get my point across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom