• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

C/D: No one should have the rights to make an DMC game..

Only Hideaki Itsuno or Hideki Kamiya should make DMC games.

• Confirm.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Deny.

Votes: 29 87.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
main-qimg-e2c49fd63bcbeb1ff3d1e1dd50951405

I rather play DMC 1 and 3 because they are just as fun and also like, good games. Unlike DMC 4. Go ahead, have pride that you wasted more time than me on that piece of crap. You have bad taste.

You want to act like Nero is actually so drastically different from our usual protagonist. He's not. From appearance and fighting style. He doesn't bring much to the table to really usher in a new character and Dante should have just been mapped with a grappling mechanic. They did that in DmC at least. The angel and demon pulls were an evolution of Vergil's teleport and Nero's arm. That worked out well and it should be incorporated in to the future.

DMC 4 is a terrible game. I remember most that game p!ssing me off. Making me go through the same levels again as Dante. That annoying board game mechanic that popped up twice. 2nd time more annoying than ever. That game is the definition of laziness. You should have gotten rid of it like I did a long time ago. I threw mine in a fire because Gamestop is like, we'll give you like $2. I'm like f*ck you too. I tossed it in a fire.

Those were some good marshmellows and I had more fun snacking on smores with my friends that day than playing DMC 4. If all I did was Bloody Palace after finishing the game then I regretted spending my money on it. Bloody Palace isn't worth $60. It mind boggles me how so many of you are just willing to shrug off the obvious faults DMC 4 has and accept it like it's one of the best. It's illogical. DMC 4 is a game that spits in your face as a Devil May Cry fan but it's freaking praised suddenly.

What_is_this_I_don__t_even____by_Whatthecell.jpg
Really? You think nero is mechanically the same as dante? Okay then, let's run over these hypothetical scenarios and test that notion

Scenario 1:
Let's say you're righting berial. You're standing right on top of him and he's just recovered from a stun, he's about to do his aoe fire roar and **** up everything within about 50 feet of him. What are your options are dante? What are your options about nero? Get as creative as you like, and assume any level of skill needed to pull it off

Scenario 2:
Echidna is flying around in snake form being a bitch. She flies straight toward you and tries to bite through you. What are your options as dante and as nero? Again, get creative

(or if you can't, feel free to throw on the e-thug routine and dance around the subject like an angry 19 year old)

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Get mad at me all you want people, if you actually like DMC 4, you should seek better games. DMC 4 is the worst in the series. I stand by that. Cry more now.
image.gif
I don't think you have much right so say that when you don't even understand the basic gameplay mechanics or the differences between Nero and Dante in DMC4.

• Dante's DT is instant, and can be used for distortion techniques. Nero's has an animation and cannot distort, but does have invincibility frames
  • Royalguard is the king of all styles, and can be pulled out to instantly counter anything, even the savior's giant laser. Nero can table hop.
  • Nero has the exceed system, dante has weapon and style switching.
  • Dante can perform just releases and just charges, and can combine either of these with distortion for frankly insane damage. Nero do none of this
  • Dante can cancel out of just about any attack with royalguard (you can even punch a blitz, and then cancel the reflect damage you would take with a gold parry) while nero's cancels involve his DT, or a shuffle
  • Nero's gun is a launcher when charged. None of dante's guns, despite their huge variety, launch vertically.
  • Dante is infinitely faster than nero. Trickster alone grants much more mobility than table hopper, but you can still add style canceling, royalguard canceling, and devil trigger (3 things not available to boost nero's mobility) to make him even faster
  • All of nero's attacks are widely area based, espcially when you max-act an ability. Dante has difficulty with more than one target at a time
  • Nero can grapple enemies, dante can't
Kam posted a factual list of what Dante and Nero can and can't do and yet you still believe Nero is a carboncopy of Dante? That's hilarious.

Kam

Get mad at me all you want people, if you actually like DMC 4, you should seek better games. DMC 4 is the worst in the series. I stand by that. Cry more now.
image.gif
I don't think how much or how little you like this game is actually relevant to the discussion we were having

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't think you have much right so say that when you don't even understand the basic gameplay mechanics or the differences between Nero and Dante in DMC4.

Kam posted a factual list of what Dante and Nero can and can't do and yet you still believe Nero is a carboncopy of Dante? That's hilarious.
Not technically a carbon copy but, not really enough of a difference to say "hey "new" character!" I just think the difference between the two characters should have been like other games that star two protagonist, like how Onimusha 3 had you playing Jean Reno and the samurai guy which had both two different playstyles. Jean had this sweet demon whip and samurai guy had two swords. Or remember that game, I can't remember the name but it was kinda like Ninja Gaiden. One guy swung around this telephone pole or something. Point is, those two characters also had drastic playstyle differences.

That's what Nero and Dante should have been. I don't see Nero bringing enough to the table having him in the game. They could have made him playable the entire game instead of introducing Dante halfway though and also not making me go through the same levels backwards. Or Nero should seriously not have a sword and gun but an entire combat system designed around his devil arm. A different haircut and fashion sense would have been nice too. He was basically a pu$$y whipped Dante interested in that cardboard cutout love interest Orihime, I mean Kyrie.

It's like Capcom tried to pull the wool over people's eyes when throwing in this "new" character. And not to mention just leaving everyone who played that game with yet another plot hole in the series.

seraphmaycry

god this escalated fast so wee on about nerd V dante now? *sighs* as much as i hate neroi thinks this is a bad idea this entire THREAD is a bad idea made a point in page 1 read it if you want what a shame this what people are like now days

lyris are tottaly the theme of the 21st century be mindless and have no respect to everyone else *sigh* i have had enough

Kam

Not technically a carbon copy but, not really enough of a difference to say "hey "new" character!" I just think the difference between the two characters should have been like other games that star two protagonist, like how Onimusha 3 had you playing Jean Reno and the samurai guy which had both two different playstyles. Jean had this sweet demon whip and samurai guy had two swords. Or remember that game, I can't remember the name but it was kinda like Ninja Gaiden. One guy swung around this telephone pole or something. Point is, those two characters also had drastic playstyle differences.

That's what Nero and Dante should have been. I don't see Nero bringing enough to the table having him in the game. They could have made him playable the entire game instead of introducing Dante halfway though and also not making me go through the same levels backwards. Or Nero should seriously not have a sword and gun but an entire combat system designed around his devil arm. A different haircut and fashion sense would have been nice too. He was basically a pu$$y whipped Dante interested in that cardboard cutout love interest Orihime, I mean Kyrie.

It's like Capcom tried to pull the wool over people's eyes when throwing in this "new" character. And not to mention just leaving everyone who played that game with yet another plot hole in the series.

you've said multiple times now that not only do you know very little about the game you're talking about, but you're proud of how little you know about it because you think it was a bad game.

So why should we give any weight to your opinions, especially in light of your crippling lack of evidence? Come on man, convince me. Let's hear some of the logic that went into your decision

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
No one is entitled to a Devil May Cry game made by a certain person. No one is entitled to a certain type of Devil May Cry game.

Everyone is entitled to games which suit their tastes and shouldn't whine when a game is released which doesn't.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
you've said multiple times now that not only do you know very little about the game you're talking about, but you're proud of how little you know about it because you think it was a bad game.

So why should we give any weight to your opinions, especially in light of your crippling lack of evidence? Come on man, convince me. Let's hear some of the logic that went into your decision
What do you f*cking want from me? Tell you how I beat a certain boss? You mentioned Echidna and if I remember correctly it was that snake lady right? I don't remember the names. She would charge at you which then just had me shooting and dodging. Also I think she'd like go all octopus and expose this weak spot under her. I haven't played DMC 4 in freaking years. You have pride in actually still playing that piece of crap and have a round of applause. Your tolerance for bad games is evidently pretty high.

I still replay DMC 1 and 3 to this day. I got rid of 4. And you're freaking delusional dude. You want to sit there being so persistent on the idea that Nero and Dante are really that drastically different. They aren't. He still freaking does virtually the same crap Dante does. Sure it's not a carbon copy but at the end of the day when you get right down to it, you can't say Nero is really all that needed.

I'm all for variety but he was not only a walking plot hole but he was still so much like Dante in the end I don't understand why they made me switch to Dante half way through. They should have just maybe took him out entirely and just give Dante the devil arm somehow really if Dante HAD to be playable in 4. I don't hate Nero for the same reasons other people dislike him. I just hate how he really is just pointless and Capcom did f*cking nothing worthwhile with him.

Kam

What do you f*cking want from me? Tell you how I beat a certain boss? You mentioned Echidna and if I remember correctly it was that snake lady right? I don't remember the names. She would charge at you which then just had me shooting and dodging. Also I think she'd like go all octopus and expose this weak spot under her. I haven't played DMC 4 in freaking years. You have pride in actually still playing that piece of crap and have a round of applause. Your tolerance for bad games is evidently pretty high.

I still replay DMC 1 and 3 to this day. I got rid of 4. And you're freaking delusional dude. You want to sit there being so persistent on the idea that Nero and Dante are really that drastically different. They aren't. He still freaking does virtually the same crap Dante does. Sure it's not a carbon copy but at the end of the day when you get right down to it, you can't say Nero is really all that needed.

I'm all for variety but he was not only a walking plot hole but he was still so much like Dante in the end I don't understand why they made me switch to Dante half way through. They should have just maybe took him out entirely and just give Dante the devil arm somehow really if Dante HAD to be playable in 4. I don't hate Nero for the same reasons other people dislike him. I just hate how he really is just pointless and Capcom did f*cking nothing worthwhile with him.
you assert that both characters are "carbon copies" of each other. The idea behind my two scenarios was to illustrate that the two characters have very different options during combat, and discussing those options would help illustrate it. If you don't remember a characer's name, ****ing google it, you're on the internet.

You think the two characters are identical? Okay, let's try these two hypothetical situations

Scenario 1:
Let's say you're righting berial. You're standing right on top of him and he's just recovered from a stun, he's about to do his aoe fire roar and **** up everything within about 50 feet of him. What are your options are dante? What are your options about nero? Get as creative as you like, and assume any level of skill needed to pull it off

Scenario 2:
Echidna is flying around in snake form being a bitch. She flies straight toward you and tries to bite through you. What are your options as dante and as nero? Again, get creative

This will be the third time I've asked you to defend your position. I'm providing this very specific trial because you've offered absolutely none of your own. If you don't know enough about the game to provide any answers, feel free to ask for help. You could even ask me (if you could swallow your ego for 5 minutes) Your answers won't be wrong just because you needed outside help

Sunaka Marién

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:
May I try aswell? :3
It's probably the wrong answer anyway, lol.

Kam

May I try aswell? :3
It's probably the wrong answer anyway, lol.
absolutely! the purpose of the hypothetical is to illustrate that both characters have some unique traits, it doesn't have to come from chancey to still be valid (and to be fair he'd never participate in anything he knows is evidence against him)

Sunaka Marién

absolutely! the purpose of the hypothetical is to illustrate that both characters have some unique traits, it doesn't have to come from chancey to still be valid (and to be fair he'd never participate in anything he knows is evidence against him)
Ok :3
Not sure if that's what you mean, but Nero has 'specialmoves' in those situations.
For Berial, I think he grabs him by the horns, spins him around and finally smashes him into the ground.
For Echidna, you can make him hop onto her and constantly stab her with his sword, or something.
Both take some pretty precise timing to pull off. So I was just lucky to get to see it :p

With Dante the only thing you can do is to use it as an opportunity to go berserk on Berial, or in Echidna's case, run :ermm:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
you assert that both characters are "carbon copies" of each other. The idea behind my two scenarios was to illustrate that the two characters have very different options during combat, and discussing those options would help illustrate it. If you don't remember a characer's name, ******* google it, you're on the internet.

You think the two characters are identical? Okay, let's try these two hypothetical situations

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

This will be the third time I've asked you to defend your position. I'm providing this very specific trial because you've offered absolutely none of your own. If you don't know enough about the game to provide any answers, feel free to ask for help. You could even ask me (if you could swallow your ego for 5 minutes) Your answers won't be wrong just because you needed outside help
What, just using range weapons and shooting her ,dodging her and then, attacking that weak point again. It was the same exact boss battle with even the same tactics because DMC 4 decided to put no effort whatsoever in to developing a game. I'm not saying they are carbon copies but when you have a character that looks exactly like the established protagonist and also still just swings an oversized sword and shoots some guns, what's the point?

He has that grappling mechanic yes which is actually a very useful improvement. He also has that exceed technique which is also still a nice addition. But he still is pretty much a clone of the older guy because he's still pulling off similar moves and all. It isn't enough variety to really have Nero come in and take up half the game or in fact for some reason just leave halfway through to play as Dante. Playing as Dante was even fighting the same exact enemies that just looked designed for Nero in the first place. It's the definition of LAZY.

You probably played DMC 4 today. I haven't touched that piece of crap in years. Yea my memories a little fuzzy on the most specific of details but I think I know exactly what I'm talking about when I'm saying Nero is the walking plot hole that's existence doesn't even make much sense. Nero should have been something entirely different. He should have had an entirely different arsenal at his disposal. He should have had an entirely different move set. No sword or guns. Make full use of that devil arm as an entire combat system can be could have been made from that thing. There was so much potential. Also, actually bother at least making him look different.

How creative can you really get when you're just doing the game's wanting you to face some same sh!t over and over again. Of course you can go out of your way and purposely perform different tactics to beat the same boss you've beaten before but the boss doesn't change. The patterns don't really change either.

Also I don't think Capcom was even thinking when they tossed in Nero. What's Nero suppose to do? Why is he here? If he was suppose to be the main character, why force Dante and not even bother working on his side? I can't buy he's Vergil's son. I'd buy a clone of Dante because hey, he's just Dante with a blue coat anyway.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ok :3
Not sure if that's what you mean, but Nero has 'specialmoves' in those situations.
For Berial, I think he grabs him by the horns, spins him around and finally smashes him into the ground.
For Echidna, you can make him hop onto her and constantly stab her with his sword, or something.
Both take some pretty precise timing to pull off. So I was just lucky to get to see it :p

With Dante the only thing you can do is to use it as an opportunity to go berserk on Berial, or in Echidna's case, run :ermm:
I remember Nero being able to get on top and repeatedly claw at the snake lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom