• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Baby Drakan incoming

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Well the day has finally came and after 3 trips to hospital between 11pm last night and 7am this morning my daughter arrived safe and sound at 8.50am today. She wasnt as big as we had been told by the estimates (6lb 14) and we have named her Ava.
Congrats to you all - and a special congrats to Amy for doing all the hard work. Glad Ava wasn't the behemoth they were predicting; also insanely jealous of anyone who gives birth to anything under 10lbs.

She'll settle into a routine (hopefully) soon - main thing is she's here, safe, healthy and now you get to turn into one of those people who talks nappies, puke, poop colour and the classic, "I'll NEVER let MY child do THAT" judgments which once uttered will invariably mean your child WILL do "that", and as often and publicly as possible.

Congrats again!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Thanks everyone. :thumbsup:

Congrats to you all - and a special congrats to Amy for doing all the hard work. Glad Ava wasn't the behemoth they were predicting; also insanely jealous of anyone who gives birth to anything under 10lbs.

She'll settle into a routine (hopefully) soon - main thing is she's here, safe, healthy and now you get to turn into one of those people who talks nappies, puke, poop colour and the classic, "I'll NEVER let MY child do THAT" judgments which once uttered will invariably mean your child WILL do "that", and as often and publicly as possible.

Congrats again!

Yeah she was much smaller than we had been told and we had stopped buying small size clothes because of this. Luckily we did bring some along as well as the larger size ones to the hospital so she had something to come home in. Though she was born at 8.50am & we were ready to come home by 12pm, had to wait for a computer issue to be fixed (was tempted to ask them if they wanted my help) so we didn't actually leave until 4pm.

She's been quite good so far, she slept for most of the 1st day. We had to set alarms to wake her up to feed on the 1st night. Theb she has only woken up in night twice on the following 2 days. So fingers crossed she continues like this.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Yeah she was much smaller than we had been told and we had stopped buying small size clothes because of this. Luckily we did bring some along as well as the larger size ones to the hospital so she had something to come home in. Though she was born at 8.50am & we were ready to come home by 12pm, had to wait for a computer issue to be fixed (was tempted to ask them if they wanted my help) so we didn't actually leave until 4pm.

She's been quite good so far, she slept for most of the 1st day. We had to set alarms to wake her up to feed on the 1st night. Theb she has only woken up in night twice on the following 2 days. So fingers crossed she continues like this.
Well that's pretty cool - nothing like getting a chance to sleep in the early days. To be honest, all of mine were excellent sleepers from day one (of course now that's all gone to hell), so fingers crossed indeed for Ava. You are better parents than me - when Jake didn't feed for the first 16 hours after birth, I just let him sleep. Too damn lazy to be getting up in the night, thank you very much...

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well that's pretty cool - nothing like getting a chance to sleep in the early days. To be honest, all of mine were excellent sleepers from day one (of course now that's all gone to hell), so fingers crossed indeed for Ava. You are better parents than me - when Jake didn't feed for the first 16 hours after birth, I just let him sleep. Too damn lazy to be getting up in the night, thank you very much...

Took her to Derby earlier to see how she would handle longer car journeys & using the proper pram rather than car seat attached to it. She slept the entire way there and woke up once in the 7 hours we were there to feed and went back to sleep. Woke her up to feed once since & this is her current position...

Hopefully she sleeps through tonight too and only wakes to feed (fingers crossed).

Dark Drakan

Admin
1st official Father's Day and she's growing up fast, nearly 5 months old already, where does the time go?

image.jpg

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Bottom right picture: stick a beard on her and she's basically you. In pink.

Mental images are quite interesting right now...

Top Bottom