• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anti-Nero...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It would be nice if they did some more backstory - give us an idea of who Nero is and why he appears to be so similar to Dante and Vergil...

Initially I thought Vergil and Nero were linked somehow...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Most people do believe that, due to similaities, and too many references to Sparda in 4... That Nero is linked with the twins, and does indeed, have Sparda's blood.

But seriously.... How silly is that? Vergil has Sparda's blood... Vergil is a son of sparda... Vergil is a ****ing kickass, strong character... So basically, why didn't they just bring him back? Instead, they created a whole new character, and have made us "the fans" spend loads of time going "Is Nero Vergil's son" or "I wonder if Nero is Sparda" or some dumb crap like that...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Perhaps Nero is related somehow - maybe not by Sparda copping off with another human or something like that, but in that weird bloke's lab where he does all those experiments perhaps Nero is the product of such an intervention? I dunno...genetic weirdness perhaps?

/not a clue :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ that is not a bad idea at all :)

I believe that Nero is the creation of the Order's extensive study into demonic objects, and artefacts... A super-human if you will...

Ladies and Gentlemen... I shall now pull down the red curtain.... To give you

ANGEL

"Debater Of The Day"

^ EDIT: I should mention that, it is a good thing... Our club needs to instate different awards... And even though you are not a member, it is clear that you deserve this... :)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
:lol:

I dunno if my theory even stands up...I just thought it was a possibility. I mean, the science nutter has a devil form, doesn't he? So it stands to reason that others can have it too - not just those related to Sparda?

Perhaps Nero looked different before experimentation and was altered genetically using the blood of Sparda from one soource or another (the Order have Yamato, don't they, until it's taken from them?) so that his features began to resemble that of who he has been altered with...

Perhaps Yamato was not just to be used to help bring the Saviour into being or whatever (I forget the story really) - maybe the real reason they needed Nero was because he was altered genetically via something Yamato-related and then both the katana and the person were required to raise Saviour because he now had Sparda's blood in his veins...perhaps Vergil's blood mattered more than Dante's, otherwise they would have hunted Dante instead, surely?

Rambling incoherent mess etc etc...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
My main belief, is that the Order recovered an inner shell of Nelo Angelo... One that contained Nelo's strongest power... They then needed somebody to test it on, and Nero was picked. The shell was then planted into Nero's right arm, and from thereon, he has had super-human powers... And the ability to manipulate demon energy, regardless of him not being a demon himself...

Keaton

Premium
^+rep Angel, a nice theory.

Made me remember a point I wanted to discuss, why does Yamoto work for Nero (fixes itself) and no-one else...

The order all experimented on it, so why was Nero the force it needed to reform? o_O

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Well, that would be clear to understand, if you listen to my theory :) The Yamato only works, for somebody carrying Sparda's blood... If Nero had the Nelo Angelo Shell planted onto his arm, it would be a part of him... Meaning, this actually altered him, and now he carries Sparda's blood...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
EDIt: LoD beat me to it, but here's my two cents worth nonetheless :)

That's why I'm wondering about the Vergil connection - Nelo Angelo possessed Vergil, is that right? Then perhaps some residue of Vergil still remains within Nelo Angelo's imprint on Yamato, if that's the correct terminology...

Therefore, if Yamato was used to mess with Nero then not only would elements of Nelo Angelo be passed through, theoretically, but also something of Vergil - to my understanding, Yamato seems to be only truly wielded by "family" members (i.e. Vergil or Dante - and now Nero) so it should stand to reason that at the touch of Nero, imbued with "essence of Vergil" (a new cologne!), the sword recognises its former master and is restored...

Or something...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ :lol: No, I didn't beat you... Your theory is welcome, very much so... It's very nice, certainly beats my one *Which was, explained in simple terms :lol:*

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I think in this case simplicity wins :lol:

What's the betting that the DMC creators had no storyline in mind whatsoever when creating DMC4 and are simly reading through various theories on forums and finding it all highly amusing?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Angel;100017 said:
Perhaps Nero is related somehow - maybe not by Sparda copping off with another human or something like that, but in that weird bloke's lab where he does all those experiments perhaps Nero is the product of such an intervention? I dunno...genetic weirdness perhaps?

/not a clue :lol:
That's not a bad theory actually, luv! Have some +rep on me!

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Nero is Vergil's son, though! Even if it is cliche, it'll do for me.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ ^LMFAO... +rep for that...

^ :huh: I know your comments are welcome... But I need to know if you are serious about that...

I can imagine...

Roy: Hey Gary... Look at what some chump thinks... He thinks that Nero is secretly a girl... And that he's actually Dante's sister *laughs*

Gary: That was actually what we had in mind for Nero.

Roy: :huh:? Oh...

:lol:

But seriously... I think they had a tiny idea as to where to go... But not much. If anything, I'll bet they go "Nope, we can't think of how to link Nero to Dante and Vergil... I know... Let's put him aside for a few games, and bring back Vergil"...

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
Angel;100005 said:
So what is the BIG reason why everyone who hates Nero, does? Is it because people feel he has somehow usurped the place of Dante? (who is wearing the most fugly boots in this game - sorry, but there you go).

Or is it because he is the new guy with more than obvious similarities to the other two and not much is revealed about him really in terms of heritage so therefore he comes across as a shadow of Vergil and Dante in comparison?

Or is it the love story? Is it that it simply seems out of place to some in a DMC game?

Or is that we just don't know enough, have been left to make our own assumptions/theories etc, and what we've deduced, we don't like?

I spent the whole game wondering what his link with the sons of sparda is and I'm still guessing, but not making any real headway...

^^Thats exactly why I don't like Nero ( all the above ) but mainly because, as Angel stated "he comes across as a shadow of Vergil and Dante" which kinda makes Nero a rehash of the twins making him essentially not a new character.

The only new things he brought to DMC was his poxy love story and arm, I hate the way he keeps calling for Kyrie, everyone of their cutscenes are practically the same him screaming Kyrie and her disappearing over and over ( how boring and lame ).

Anyone ever notice in some TV programmes how an actor quits then gets replaced, they bring in a replacement to try and play the same character and it never works, thats Nero all over only he can never replace Vergil not in my eyes.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ I agree with I-DM's post... Nero can not replace Vergil... He just can't...

+rep to you I-DM

SHOUT OUT OF THE DAY
*brought to you by LoD*

The Anti-Nero club is now a group... All members must have the link to the group in their signatures... The Group has not recieved any comments, as of yet.

That is all...

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Angel;99994 said:
Ok, call me what you like but what is the problem with Nero? Is enough known about him to make a sound judgment either way or are we going based on theories. assumptions and what we're given during the game itself? I still don't really know what Nero is about...certainly not enough to decide if he'sa good or bad addition to the game franchise. I've watched the game all the way through and I'm still none the wiser...

Could it also be, for some, a case of hardcore Dante/Vergil fanboyism and a reluctance to accept a new character with their similarities?

But the whole Kyrie thing makes me want to throw things at the TV - and if someone who isn't even a DMC player can think that a love story doesn't fit, then I think that speaks volumes :lol:

Exatly, we don't know enough about Nero to judge him yet.
And you Dante/Virgil fanboys(even though I am one):lol: should get a grip.:dry:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I already stated, that I have not made a final judgement on Nero...

SHOUT OUT OF THE DAY *brought to you by LoD*

The Anti-Nero club is now a group... All members must have the link to the group in their signatures... The Group has not recieved any comments, as of yet.

That is all...

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
LordOfDarkness;100111 said:
I already stated, that I have not made a final judgement on Nero...

Thats kind of what i'm like, I hate his character >_<, but some of his moves in gameplay where.......alright :$.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ It's okay to say that... Nero makes me sick too by the way :)

Stylish Nereezy

the lone soul reaper
its no secret...look at my name....YES i am Pro-Nero:D

~I do not believe he is better than Dante or Vergil in any way~

everyone knows that the DMC4 storyline was shallow but i like to believe that everything happens for a reason. I have faith that capcom will make DMC5 the best game ever. there is not too much more i can say about Nero that i already haven't said in earlier threads.

I do want to say this to the many guests that visit the forums not to be swayed or lead away by some of the opinions in these threads.. many of us have been playing DMC for quite some time and many of the Anti-Nero members dislike him just out of loyalty to the Twins and that is understandable... at one point i thought i was the only high level DMC player who liked Nero but i found out i wasn't alone. if you like Nero stand up and let your opinion be heard you will not be condemned you will be praised because you stood up against the odds and you have balls...:lol:guts for the ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom