• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anti-Nero...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I am Anti-Nero... I am against him in every single way possible... I wud just like to create this thread, not only on behalf of the Anti-Nero club members... But for anybody else... Anybody who wishes to post there views on Nero, is most certainly welcome to here...

Us members will use this area to discuss our hatred, and our views on Nero...

But that DOES not mean it is dominated by us members... We only have a few, and anybody who wishes to join can feel free to...

I wud definitely like to hear other's views, as I wud like to debate over Nero... To justify "Is he a good character in dmc?"... If this goes off topic, I shall seriously remind people, and try to bring it together again... if it loses control, then I will not be upset to see it closed... As that wud be the right thing to do...

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I support the message of this thread and I hope to see alot of new members come into our group!

LordOfDarkness and I have been discussing some things and we will add various interesting additions to our group to help it grow and become more enjoyable.
Rest assured that we do not intend for this thread to become a serious message of hate. So please keep the comments mature.

Sincerly- Bringerofchaos: Anti-Nero Moderation team.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Thank you, for further justification to this thread's meaning...

Rep+ to you Bringer....

Yes, this thread is not a message of hate... It is far from that... True hatred is something that is backed up by reason... So this is free for anybody to debate...

And on another note... I do not want to see posts like this

"Please may I join this club"

^^^ It is clear as to how to join in my sig, and others... Also, I have stated that I do not wish to see this... So I will not be pleased if I see this repeated by several members...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I'm actually genuinely looking forward to reading how this love/hate Nero debate turns out. I love a good old fashioned debate! Yes... I said debate. :p

Let's just make sure that no unnecessary arguments or flame-wars get started. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, please! Just had to throw that out there because I can normally foresee how a thread like this will turn out... :lol:

With that out of the way... let the debate commence!

Me, I love Nero. Not in a gay, bum-love kinda way, but... ya know, I think he's flippin' cool. Loved his debut in Devil May Cry 4 and I look forward to learning more about him in *hopefully* Devil May Cry 5 and, further down the line, Devil May Cry 6.

I also liked Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2 but that's a whole other story... ^_^

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
I absolutely depise everything about Nero, he's a cheap copycat of Dante and Vergil true and true, meaning his appearance / clothes / style/ quotes /attitude.

Nero's moves become so boring and limited its like I'm picking Dante from DMC 1 only without Alastor or Ilfrit or the Sparda sword ( DMC 1 Dante has better moves than Nero in DMC 4 ).

Nero's introduction was weak to say the least, c'mon a bloody love story for christs sake, who cares about that rubbish ? in a game about slaughtering demons with style,which Nero just hasn't got, not his own anyhow. I'd like to see him corrupted in DMC 5 and have Vergil return to retrieve his Yamato and kill Nero slow and painful of course.

I think of Nero the same way I think about DMC 2, a big shameful mistake by Capcom. Ah yeah and I'd like to conclude by saying " Die Nero Scum Die" honestly it feels good. Let the hate commence.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
I don't know. I stuck by Raiden frum Metal Gear Solid 2 and I was right, he came out as a totally kickass dude in 4. I can't hate Nero cause I see his potential.

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
Black Angel;99883 said:
I can't hate Nero cause I see his potential.

Nero's only potential is to probably ruin another DMC game, he already had a chance and blew it ( GET RID OF HIM ), if DMC 5 doesn't have an optional character switch I won't be buying it, I'll wait till the story focuses on Dante / Vergil / Sparda

If in case he turns out to be in fact some reincarneted Vergil ( I seriously hope he isn't ) I might accept him because he would no longer be Nero anymore, but I'll always hate him in DMC 4 even if he becomes Vergil in 5. ( If this happens I'll just pretend DMC 4 never happened erasing my memory of Nero altogether ).

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Irish-DEVILMAN;99795 said:
I absolutely depise everything about Nero, he's a cheap copycat of Dante and Vergil true and true, meaning his appearance / clothes / style/ quotes /attitude.

Nero's moves become so boring and limited its like I'm picking Dante from DMC 1 only without Alastor or Ilfrit or the Sparda sword ( DMC 1 Dante has better moves than Nero in DMC 4 ).

Nero's introduction was weak to say the least, c'mon a bloody love story for christs sake, who cares about that rubbish ? in a game about slaughtering demons with style,which Nero just hasn't got, not his own anyhow. I'd like to see him corrupted in DMC 5 and have Vergil return to retrieve his Yamato and kill Nero slow and painful of course.

I think of Nero the same way I think about DMC 2, a big shameful mistake by Capcom. Ah yeah and I'd like to conclude by saying " Die Nero Scum Die" honestly it feels good. Let the hate commence.

Obviously, as a fellow Anti-Nero member, I support all comments... Ah yes, Nero's potential you mention Black Angel. WHY? bother with Nero's potential, and what cud happen in the future?

I wud just like to say this... As a fellow founder of the Anti-Nero club, I am happy to say that.

NERO FTL.... VERGIL FTR -for the return-

I strongly despise Nero's continuation in the dmc series... Irish-Devil Man, I agree with you... Dante is much better and much more stylish than Nero ever will be... Because like u pointed out... Nero is a cheap imitation of Dante and Vergil combined... Doesn't work :dry:

And I conclude with Irish-D M's words "DIE NERO SCUM DIE"...

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Thanks, Devilmaycry for the support!
I would like to say that when I originally saw his debute of Gameinformer issue... I was ****ed, and although I still am, I hate him less.
I'm just really ****ed that they gave this rip-off the better missions in Devilmaycry4.
And in my opinion is he's gonna fall of the seen just as fast as he got on.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
As you can see, all comments are welcome here...

I agree with BOC... I have mentioned before that... In time, Nero will fall further away from the series, as he is not respected enough by us DMC fans...

New line in my sig: We can't love everything... That's why I hate Nero

Coming soon to the Anti-Nero club...["Highlight Of The Week"]

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Ok, call me what you like but what is the problem with Nero? Is enough known about him to make a sound judgment either way or are we going based on theories. assumptions and what we're given during the game itself? I still don't really know what Nero is about...certainly not enough to decide if he'sa good or bad addition to the game franchise. I've watched the game all the way through and I'm still none the wiser...

Could it also be, for some, a case of hardcore Dante/Vergil fanboyism and a reluctance to accept a new character with their similarities?

But the whole Kyrie thing makes me want to throw things at the TV - and if someone who isn't even a DMC player can think that a love story doesn't fit, then I think that speaks volumes :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
:lol: I really like your points Angel :) +rep

Like I have said, I haven't judge him yet... I'm just Anti-Nero atm... My views may or may not change... And so may our club's views... Yes, Nero may have certain aspects that were good about him... But Dante's aspects are unique, and that is why we love him... And why I love him more than Nero *non-gay way*

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
but being anti nero at the moment is a judgment ;)

Mind you, I'm the same about certain things when the creators decide to change stuff...I think "what was wrong with the stuff from before?" and instantly take a dislike to new things until proven otherwise...

Keaton

Premium
Saying this before it happens: please keep NeroFan Posts and AntiNero posts civil please between the two groups ^___^ we all love DMC remember :)

(fair is fair, both threads need this thre- I mean friendly reminder =p)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^^ Thank you Keaton, I respect this reminder, and will let you know that our posts shall not be getting out of hand :)

^ .lol.

I have made a judgement on him.... But like I have mentioned... That judgement may change, depending on my feelings towards him in the future... So my Anti-Nero status is not a final judgement... As I'm sure that, I may take a liking to him in time... Not a great liking... But a liking nonetheless.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
So what is the BIG reason why everyone who hates Nero, does? Is it because people feel he has somehow usurped the place of Dante? (who is wearing the most fugly boots in this game - sorry, but there you go).

Or is it because he is the new guy with more than obvious similarities to the other two and not much is revealed about him really in terms of heritage so therefore he comes across as a shadow of Vergil and Dante in comparison?

Or is it the love story? Is it that it simply seems out of place to some in a DMC game?

Or is that we just don't know enough, have been left to make our own assumptions/theories etc, and what we've deduced, we don't like?

I spent the whole game wondering what his link with the sons of sparda is and I'm still guessing, but not making any real headway...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It's basically him altogether... A mixture of all those points you just raised... I feel that "not" enough was given on him in 4, and that has turned me against him.

I despise his similarities, if you also look at another thread of mine "Originality in the characters"... He tries to be like Dante and Vergil combined, yet fails to pull it off stylishly *for me*

Each Anti-Nero member hates Nero for different reasons... We all despise him in our own way, which is why we've joined together to share our views, and try to determine whether we like him, or whether he is crap, and shall remain crap throughout...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'm unfamiliar with all those moves and whatnot that the sons of sparda pull off during their games, so I can't comment in that respect...but I keep thinking there MUST be a reason for all these similarities. Unless the DMC creators went on holiday and left a bunch of work-experience students in charge of production, I can't see how they would introduce a seemingly copycat version of Dante/Vergil without a good reason...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Because perhaps they are not willing to bring Vergil back... Perhaps, for whatever reason they themselves have lost interest, and have gone back to creating pointless characters for the series... Where is Nero going to go next? I don't know, but I do know that... The more they do on Nero, the less we shall see of Dante.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom