• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Another review: 7,5/10, from insight-factor...

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
i never look at the first camera when i pull it out, just turn to ur left, and pull it out, no camera adjustments needed. Also, i double tap the left stick to target now. This makes stingers really easy to pull off, and shooting in tight places very much possible.

edit: OFF TOPIC

DmC is the most Pre-Ordered game at Gamestop

please have a midnight release

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
i don't know if anyone has said it or not but it seems that insight-factor is NOT a very reliable source. i told about it's DmC score to some of my friends and a few of them told me that most of insight-factor's early reviews are Fake !

and there actually is an embargo for gaming sites and they can't post their DmC reviews yet so the chances of this review being fake is very high.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i don't know if anyone has said it or not but it seems that insight-factor is NOT a very reliable source. i told about it's DmC score to some of my friends and a few of them told me that most of insight-factor's early reviews are Fake !

and there actually is an embargo for gaming sites and they can't post their DmC reviews yet so the chances of this review being fake is very high.
Wow are you serious? :eek:

ZeroLove

Well, your friends are as reliable a source as that site. How would they know it's fake? Not saying that it isn't, but it all just sounds fishy to me.

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
Well, your friends are as reliable a source as that site. How would they know it's fake? Not saying that it isn't, but it all just sounds fishy to me.
fair enough but what about the Embargo ?
on top of that insight-factor isn't even at Game Rankings list let alone MetaCritic
Since Tameem has made a twitter post saying say to the three high review scores it's received I don't think it's fake.
well there are three scores :
X360 Magazine UK : 90/100
LEVEL Magazine : 90/100
Games Master : 89/100

Devil Player

The embargo is related to showing too much stuff and gameplay...There was a leak of gameplays from Mission 6,7 and 8 on youtube, 2 weeks ago. After lots of comments, the user made the videos private, not allowing us to watch them anymore.

The embargo doesn't aply to reviews, though. The reviews will appear within the days. Do your friends know anyone from these sites? Like another user said, they're as reliable as the review, lol. I'm sure they're just haters that don't want to see anything good coming for the game. Not saying that's the case, BUT the review was one of the best, if not the best one relased so far. So, either the review isn't reliable OR your friends are just full of s---t, which seems to be the case. :)

Review hardly biased, it was direct to the point, showing cons and pros, good stuff and flaws, pointing problems with the story ( though, not that much).

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
The embargo is related to showing too much stuff and gameplay...There was a leak of gameplays from Mission 6,7 and 8 on youtube, 2 weeks ago. After lots of comments, the user made the videos private, not allowing us to watch them anymore.

The embargo doesn't aply to reviews, though. The reviews will appear within the days. Do your friends know anyone from these sites? Like another user said, they're as reliable as the review, lol. I'm sure they're just haters that don't want to see anything good coming for the game. Not saying that's the case, BUT the review was one of the best, if not the best one relased so far. So, either the review isn't reliable OR your friends are just full of s---t, which seems to be the case. :)

Review hardly biased, it was direct to the point, showing cons and pros, good stuff and flaws, pointing problems with the story ( though, not that much).
actually I'm talking about review embargo. i don't know about you guys but it seems that you don't know much about reviews and scores and these kinda stuff right ? cause Resident Evil 6 had an embargo for reviews as well.

actually my friends are looking forward to this just like myself ( it's my most anticipated game of 2013 ) but as i said before it seems that you guys aren't really in these kinds of stuff cause now days 7.5 isn't actually a good score to be exact anything less than 8 counts as bad and anything less than 7 is just disaster !

Dante47

I'm so glad that this game is receiving so many high scores.
I've got a good feeling about this game! ^_^

That, or I'm just too lazy to cancel my pre-order...

Devil Player

actually I'm talking about review embargo. i don't know about you guys but it seems that you don't know much about reviews and scores and these kinda stuff right ? cause Resident Evil 6 had an embargo for reviews as well.

actually my friends are looking forward to this just like myself ( it's my most anticipated game of 2013 ) but as i said before it seems that you guys aren't really in these kinds of stuff cause now days 7.5 isn't actually a good score to be exact anything less than 8 counts as bad and anything less than 7 is just disaster !

Actually, I think 7,5 is a good and realistic score for DmC. I mean, the game doesn't deserve a 10. I think that would be too much strange, anyway. I could see the game earning 8 as the general score. I guess it's about being reasonable. Then again, I really don't care that much about reviews.

As for the embargo for reviews for RE 6, that's right. However, there were tons of reviews before the release date. I remember reading some really negatives, though. DmC is going to be released in less than 12 days, now. I think the reviews have been few and far between, to be honest.

Nice to see your friends are looking foward to the game. I take back everything that I said about them, regarding my previous post. However, my point about "your friends being as reliable as the review" still stands. Nothing to worry about, though.

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
Actually, I think 7,5 is a good and realistic score for DmC. I mean, the game doesn't deserve a 10. I think that would be too much strange, anyway. I could see the game earning 8 as the general score. I guess it's about being reasonable. Then again, I really don't care that much about reviews.

As for the embargo for reviews for RE 6, that's right. However, there were tons of reviews before the release date. I remember reading some really negatives, though. DmC is going to be released in less than 12 days, now. I think the reviews have been few and far between, to be honest.

Nice to see your friends are looking foward to the game. I take back everything that I said about them, regarding my previous post. However, my point about "your friends being as reliable as the review" still stands. Nothing to worry about, though.
Actually there are two different kinds of embargo for reviews. One is for magazines and the other is for gaming sites, in DmC's case the embargo for magazines has been lifted but the embargo on gaming sites still stands.

About 7.5 being a good score, it's just the way gaming sites do it now days i don't agree with them it's just the way it is. For someone who's been following reviews closely for the last couple of years I'm telling you out of experience that 7.5 for a game that is being release in 2013 is not a good score. Of course all the 7s are not bad it actually depends on the site/magazine that is giving the game that score !

For instance if EDGE gave DmC a 7 or 7.5 it means that it's a good game but at the same time if OXM gave it a 7.5 then prepare to be disappointed.

But generally speaking anything less than 8 is bad.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I used to hate the guy, now I can't help but love Tameem's snark at the vitriol being spewed over DmC. I still think he's an arrogant goit, but not one I hate anymore. XD

Gbraga

I used to hate the guy, now I can't help but love Tameem's snark at the vitriol being spewed over DmC. I still think he's an arrogant goit, but not one I hate anymore. XD
I like him as well, he had his reasons to act like he did. Remember when he said he "didn't care about fans opinions"? Well, there was no gameplay around when he said that, ever since we have real footage of the game and playable builds around, he didn't say anything like that before, because he knows that feedback from there on would be real and important, before that it was just mindless hate because it was different. He's a bit arrogant, but that's no crime.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
He's a bit arrogant, but that's no crime.

It not a crime, but it is a quality that some people dislike in a person.

I myself personally am not a fan of Tameen or his attitude towards fans.

Even if his negativity is generally towards the "haters", I just feel like someone from his standing and position should not stoop to such a level.

Just my outlook on things.

That being said, I'm not going to let his less than favorable attitude stop me from giving DmC a chance.

After all, he didn't make it all by himself.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control

Even if his negativity is generally towards the "haters", I just feel like someone from his standing and position should not stoop to such a level.

That being said, I'm not going to let his less than favorable attitude stop me from giving DmC a chance.

He doesn't have a negative attitude to the fans. He has a negative attitude towards ass holes who sent him death threats over Dante's hair colour.

Gbraga

That being said, I'm not going to let his less than favorable attitude stop me from giving his game a chance.

And that's a completely fair opinion, you don't like him, that's no crime either, you don't have to like or accept the way he behaves, but people really overreacted to his statements.

I remember people even being ****ed at NT for saying they want DmC to be better than Bayonetta, I mean, what's wrong about acknowledging Bayo's quality and aiming to be the best? Seriously, there's no healthier mentality than that.

Top Bottom