• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
So sad to see 17 go, he really was the mvp

And vegeta finally got the big win , he has made such progression as a character in dbs it is crazy

Guess now we gotta see what mastered ui vs jiren full power will be like , i feel it will be a legendary fight ending in a tie with u7 winning by having 2 left

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Low points:
- Didn't the Androids get the bombs wished out of them?

Well to answer this question yes Android 18 got hers wished out back when Krillin initially tried to wish for her to be human, once he found out that could not be done he opted for just removing her bomb instead, my memory is a bit hazy but I recall Android 17 still technically being dead since he was still a part of Cell when Cell was killed and even if he where alive I believe Krillin only used that wish for 18 alone.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Well to answer this question yes Android 18 got hers wished out back when Krillin initially tried to wish for her to be human, once he found out that could not be done he opted for just removing her bomb instead, my memory is a bit hazy but I recall Android 17 still technically being dead since he was still a part of Cell when Cell was killed and even if he where alive I believe Krillin only used that wish for 18 alone.
Now that you mention that, I actually remember 17 was revived as part of the "bring back all the people killed by Cell" wish (because he was definitely brought back in time to be in the Buu Saga, and he was seen during the Spirit Bomb scene where he held the guys at gunpoint so they'd raise their hands), and Krillin removed both the Androids bombs because he thought 17 and 18 were boyfriend and girlfriend and wanted 18 to be happy. 18 got so annoyed at that, lmao.

Post-correction: the bomb is no longer a low point. Considering the episode just before that showed a non-Android character using a self-destruct move without a bomb, and Chiaotzu and Buu being capable of the same, Android 17 must have done his thing the same way they did. He must have overloaded his energy core by expending a lot at once.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Now that you mention that, I actually remember 17 was revived as part of the "bring back all the people killed by Cell" wish (because he was definitely brought back in time to be in the Buu Saga, and he was seen during the Spirit Bomb scene where he held the guys at gunpoint so they'd raise their hands), and Krillin removed both the Androids bombs because he thought 17 and 18 were boyfriend and girlfriend and wanted 18 to be happy. 18 got so annoyed at that, lmao.

Post-correction: the bomb is no longer a low point. Considering the episode just before that showed a non-Android character using a self-destruct move without a bomb, and Chiaotzu and Buu being capable of the same, Android 17 must have done his thing the same way they did. He must have overloaded his energy core by expending a lot at once.

Yea I remembered 17 was a part of that wish now, I also went back to watch the wish made and your right he did wish for the bombs to be removed from both.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Bardock and Broly confirmed for Fighterz DLC.

563b553e114199d9fcc542cbe5b17f9a78d93af41e323e86d37f7dd24dee57b8.jpg

Interesting that they're incorporating "Super Saiyan Bardock" into his finisher. Then again, considering that they're putting in Broly I guess they're not too concerned with canon.

Also, Broly suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
A look at a finalized UI design from Toriyama:

r7fSGBA.jpg

nlcDgvZ.jpg

Poor Gohan fans... they got Goku Blanco before Gohan Blanco ever became a thing. :laugh:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Massive respect to vegeta , my swcond fav character after goku

He showed so much will and honour in this last episode , was hard to watch but he is a boss

Amazing and emotional episode , especially hearing the va for bulma eho passed may she r.i.p

Loved the episode and really can't wait for 129

ui goku landing that gut shot , and the preview showing mastered ui goku were epic omg , hype to the stars bout the next 2 episodes

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Absolutely massive respect for Vegeta.

High points:
Just when I think Vegeta's character development is complete, Super says "Hold my beer" and adds one more thing. Earlier on in the tournament, Vegeta refused to give energy to Goku for the Spirit Bomb out of selfish pride in thinking he could win the tournament by himself. That Spirit Bomb resulted in Goku attaining Ultra Instinct for the first time. Even Frieza of all people gave energy towards that thing. Now, Vegeta gave energy directly to Goku to help him recover, without reluctance or complaint, putting his pride aside for that moment. He even called out to Goku from the sidelines. Not just his character developed in relation to Cabba and his family, but in relation to Goku as well. While I personally consider the rivalry with Goku an essential part of who he is, for a lot of the time it was based on shame, humiliation at having been "beaten by a low-class warrior"/"humbled by a clown", and subsequently being outpaced by Goku in every way that mattered to him, with Goku attaining new forms like nothing while Vegeta had to do some extraneous nonsense like "fight a meteor shower in space" or "be brainwashed by some old wizard". He was legitimately stronger than Goku in two points I could recall: the fight vs Semi-Perfect Cell when Goku was still in the Time Chamber, and during GT when Goku was a literal child. The point is, now his rivalry is no longer based on humiliation but simple acknowledgement that Goku is strong, as well as a desire to better himself genuinely. It's the difference between getting a good grade out of a love for learning and getting a good grade because you don't want someone else to think you're stupid. In the latter case, you'll always live in fear of someone thinking you stupid or a situation "proving" it.
Goku being punched by Jiren repeatedly, he goes to a different part of the stage, Jiren follows him to continue punching him. I found that hilarious, probably because I expected a pause in the action and a stand-around-and-talk moment between the two and Jiren was just "NOPE. Not getting away that easy."
Goku turning the tables and punching Jiren in the gut was just as hilarious and so satisfying.
Be honest you guys: how many of you kept seeing Jiren's eyes as "a solid color with shading and highlights + catchlights" and not "grey sclera with solid black iris + pupil combo"?

Bad points:
Realizing that at 14, Future Trunks looked like more of a teenager than Current Trunks does. Why in the world does he still look like an 8 year old? I get Goku was a late bloomer in the original Dragonball, but Trunks ain't Goku.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
"Mastered" Ultra Instinct Son Goku looks old because of the hair color. Reminds me of Toriyama's portrayal of "old man Goku." But finally Toriyama's version of the character is unveiled, I was wondering when it would show up considering he drew SSG and Blue Goku in the past.
Yes! "Mastered" UI Son Goku for Xenoverse 2! I am so prepared that because FighterZ's isn't doing it for me neither does DLC Bardock and Broly. "Mastered" UI Son Goku, Jiran, ToP #17, and Fu are decent dlc that I can absorb into my world.
Also this has to be said... Android 21 (both forms) are "fap-ble." I said it don't judge me! :eek:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So I went back to playing Xenoverse 2, after playing FighterZs for a while and XV2 felt slow paced but once I adjusted I was back in the groove. But I am still extremely excited for dlc6! I am dying to know its release date so I can dive in and go Complete Ultra Instinct on everyone. Plus SSB for Saiyans is a fun bonus. (Although my main cac is a Namekian)

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
That comment made me happy. :blush: Thank you for enjoying my work Morgan.

Ah, you're welcome! :happy:

Are you ready for silver haired Goku tonight? I'm ecstatic!

Oh man, was I ever! And this episode delivered in a satisfying way.

High points:
Goku is now shirtless. Jiren's gonna have to pack his bags. Every bad guy except Buu's gotten wrecked by Shirtless Goku in some form.
"Migatte no Gokui" feels like it was deliberately named that to reference Goku in a punny way.
The voice effect on UI.
The volley of punches colliding in midair.

The mastered form.
They're trying to sneak in making Gogeta canon by having the "minimal movement while the enemy is seemingly being beaten up by thin air" thing going on (see: Gogeta vs Janemba).
Vegeta talking down to Belmod was the best.

Neutral points:
We still don't see Android 17's panel darkened out to show he's eliminated.
They clearly tried to save up on animation ( showing the effects of punches but no movements, Android 18 in general, Old Kai sitting right behind another character so no one can see his mouth move while he's talking ), so if they didn't use up the time/effort in rendering Mastered UI, then here's hoping we have something good going on for next episode.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
While some of the reused animation was "jarring" my biggest peeve was the "drawn out-ness" of this episode. Throwing Silver Goku's battle with Jiren seemingly into one episode feels... Strangely Super like. (Goku and Hit wrapped up their fight in three episodes so I suppose this isn't all that new) But will the final episode have enough time to give me Goku flying away with Uub?! So very many questions and so little time to execute them.
Granted these things could be a problem and perhaps Super will wrap everything up into a delightful bow? Jeez I want to see these final two episodes so darn bad!
While "Completed" Ultra Instinct's entrance wasn't the "grandest" thing, (UI Omen's appearance stands out to be more) I can not and will not deny that it wasn't so damn cool, because it was. If Xenoverse 2's UI Goku character is anything to go by then I'm looking forward to Goku throwing "energy infused air" punches at Jiren and launching a energy ball at the Pride Trooper ending with Goku looking away all bad-ass like. Because "Completed" UI Goku is the coolest thing to come out of DB in a long while in my opinion.
Also I am sure their is a fan boy/girl out there raging because this scenario was probably his or her fan fic's scenario and they aren't getting credit for it.

Top Bottom