• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Anyone else feel their heartstrings pulled during this moment?

The only thing that would've made it better is if we had a montage of Roshi training Goku, Krillin and Yamcha.

Back when DB was at its best. Goku and all these Saiyans that keep appearing like mushrooms can acquire all the forms they want but they're yet to come close to how badass Master Roshi was when all buffed up and charging his Kamehameha. The OG!

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
What I like about Dragon Ball (Kid Goku years) is the adventure and toilet humor. Son Goku's adventures looking for the Dragon Balls during the Pilaf and Red Ribben Arcs is some of the franchise's best because its both fun and mysterious. "Who will Goku run into next?" type of stuff. But I'd be lying if I said Goku finally being crowned champion during the 23rd Tournament wasn't both fulfilling and awesome. I still say Goku had the best character development during Dragon Ball.
I want to know the story behind Son's new form. It looks cool and I want it in my face right now! Personally I would like the "redrawn ending of Z" inserted into Super. I can accept that Uub can be on par with Goku's god forms and I just want to see Goku giving the Nimbus Cloud to him animation form. But here is a thought... Where is the usual Toriyama drawing of Goku's new form?
God and Blue got the Toriyama treatment so where is his drawing of the new form?

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
This episode provided a great lesson. Don't trust anyone, not even the Next Episode Preview in the last ep. I was pleasantly surprised the Frost/Frieza double-cross played out the way it did.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I can't believe Frost was erased. I did not see that coming. I kind of feel that he was a waste because another Freeza could've led to interesting things. Imagine him trying to rule the 7th Universe through his shady ways. PLUS!
In the Super Manga his "wolf in sheep's clothing" persona isn't really there. I can't help but wonder how he'll be erased in the Manga if at all.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I can't believe Frost was erased. I did not see that coming. I kind of feel that he was a waste because another Freeza could've led to interesting things. Imagine him trying to rule the 7th Universe through his shady ways. PLUS!
In the Super Manga his "wolf in sheep's clothing" persona isn't really there. I can't help but wonder how he'll be erased in the Manga if at all.

Depends how the rest of the tournament plays out and if any of the theories about the erased universes etc hold any weight.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
To be fair, they foreshadowed it by having Hit warn Frost beforehand that "a foul will get you erased on the spot". They had to cash that in somehow, to make it make sense that Hit would warn Frost specifically (implying/confirming that breaking the rules is still part of Frost's character).

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I'd have to look it up. From other fans' reactions, whether that form even is what it's said to be is somehow "suspect" because of the aura. But I'll need to look it up to decide for myself. Edit incoming.

Edit: That really doesn't look anything like the previous form. Also looking that up on the DB wiki spoils the outcome/result of its appearance the 1-hour special.

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I doubt DB wiki has the correct info on what and why Goku's new form exists. Heck even a die hard place like Kanzenshuu.com can not give such info because they don't know. The most (that I know of) we know is that Son Goku changes into this form for some reason and Jiren is more then likely involved.
I however still find it amusing that Freeza is once again around for another "mile stone" Super Saiyan related transformation.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
The 1-hour special confirms that form isn't SSB + KKx20.

Edit: After having finished the episode, I have to say: holy crap. The soundtrack and the animation quality was top-notch during the fight scenes. And I loved the callback to when Goku first went SSj.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That form is way beyond ssb kaoiken x20

And we only saw a glimpse of it before goku ran out of energy

My guess is it will be back , and he will evolve it even more

it kinda seems like a god form since he has base ssg like hair , so maybe he can unlock a ssj form of it or something else.It didn't have the half ssj style spiky look , and his shirt was still on so maybe that is still to come , and the rematch with jiren will be insane

Sorry for my poor grammar and punctuation in the spoilers bit , irish is my first langauge not english

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hot damn they brought back the "distorted angry voice" when Goku launched his final punch at Jiren. I haven't heard that voice since Goku first became a Super Saiyan on Namek. (JPN Dub) The episode was down right amazing, and Son's newest transformation was vastly different from any SS transformation and Great Ape transformation. But my God, Jiren is over powered to the point that he is a "Gary Sue." Madness I tells ya!

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
They are gona fight again, the transformation he had there wasn't the full one that they showcased.

It was powered by the spirit bomb energy and not goku himself as he was depleted

Next time it will probably be intense and he will be shirtless , and have the ssg flame like aura and rings in it that the teaser pic showed.

justlexi

Beautiful Creature
This thread reminds me of my friend, she really loves DB . She even claims that she's in a relationship with Goku. For sure she will look forward to this.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
This thread reminds me of my friend, she really loves DB . She even claims that she's in a relationship with Goku. For sure she will look forward to this.

Is your female friend single? :cautious:

(Looks at your gender) So, how you doin'? :cool:

More then likely your bud has been keeping up with the show and saw the latest episode. Cruchyroll had a melt down when teying to upload the episode because everyone and their mother was trying to view it. As a DB fan it brought warmth to my heart. Then pure, unadulterated rage because I couldn't watch the episode during said down time period. :bored:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Cruchyroll had a melt down when teying to upload the episode because everyone and their mother was trying to view it. As a DB fan it brought warmth to my heart. Then pure, unadulterated rage because I couldn't watch the episode during said down time period. :bored:

I was really rather happy that the demand for it managed to crash the websites. Sucked for those trying to watch it at that time but hope it's showed the higher ups just how popular this franchise still is.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I was really rather happy that the demand for it managed to crash the websites. Sucked for those trying to watch it at that time but hope it's showed the higher ups just how popular this franchise still is.

Don't misunderstand I am in full agreement with you. I was utterly delighted that Super broke the internet in a good way. More hype means more chances of great DB material being spread throughout the world.

Top Bottom