• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

Dark Drakan

Admin
That is another reason why I'm anticipating Son Goku's conversation with the son of King Cold. What's the logic behind involving him? If their is any. (Knowing Son, it lacks any real thought. Or he figures "his golden form is strong so he'll be helpful.")

Just seems to be that they need a new fighter in short space of time & Frieza with his Golden form is pretty damn powerful & his combat knowledge is expansive. However I can imagine that something bad will happen with Frieza (maybe involving Frost) and Frieza will have his own ideas. He has already shown his hatred for the saiyans goes further than his care for his own life and he would want revenge at any cost.

Though will be interesting to see his reaction when he finds out there are saiyans in another universe too.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Grandpa Gohan seems like a safer bet. Now, Roshi, and Tien have both won the World Tournaments. Their martial arts abilities are nothing to laugh at. Those two being involved I can get behind. But recall that in Dragon Ball Grandpa Gohan was praised as a martial arts expert. Clearly dead people aren't off the selection screen here so why not him?
Freeza will bring wonderful drama to the whole event, no doubt about it. But Goku still had the options of any of the boys, (one is really needed to guard the island) Yamucha, Future Trunks, and\or Grandpa Gohan well before Freeza of all people.
But with a short amount of time and Son being Son Freeza makes sense. (In his convoluted world anyway)

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
By this point, Grandpa Gohan has probably been reincarnated into another person. Frieza, on the other hand, is apparently so incorrigibly evil that there's nothing to purify him into and it's much better for everyone for him to remain dead and in Hell.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I'd have to rewatch that, then. I don't remember anything about him guarding a furnace. But if he's still there, the question is how he'd even be convinced to leave. It's not like 17 being replaced by Gotenks in the anti-poaching job, and he's been out of the land of the living for at least 30 years.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Y'know, I haven't been keeping up with the latest arc all that much, but I did have a dream last night that Goku was fighting a Saiyan from another Universe who didn't have SS God or SS Blue and thus was losing to Goku. However he got back up and went from SS1 to SS3 before chuckling and saying....

"You've already seen SS3, so it's time to go one step beyond that! Here it is: SUPER SAYAIN 4!!!! "

And it looked really cool (not like the lame SS4 from GT), with a red aura and black electricity swirling around him. Of course Goku was pumped to fight this new form. :tongue:

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
How dare you bad mouth SS4's design! I declare, a boot to your head! SS4 Son Goku is sexy plain and simple. SS4 Vegeta is meh at best and Gogeta is actually not bad.
Well Grandpa Gohan was guarding a furnace in the filler end of Dragon Ball. In the Manga the last we saw of Grandpa G was after he and Goku reunited at Baba's palace. So either way He's in the afterlife somewhere. (He maintained his body too) Heck Mr. Popo is a martial artist too. He trained Son Goku, and tangled with SS1 Goten and Kid Trunks.
Mr. Popo for the tournament! Begin the pecking order.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I sure am! I loved the conclusion to the last episode, and it shows Universe 9 right to underestimate their opponents. Mojito's smirk/smile is ominous, though.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Word on the street is that the consequences of the universes losing is HIS idea, not the Zen'Ohs. They haven't said anything about erasing anybody, while the Grand Priest is the one dictating terms and whatnot. Maybe he's just trying to free up his kids. Mojito in particular seemed really tired/irritated by his universe.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
There is something sinister going on for sure

Hope we get to see

goku ascend to his new form in the next few episodes too, toppo vs vegeta should be a good fight.Jiren vs hit before jiren vs goku would be epic too

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Jiren vs Hit, if that ever happened it'd have to be done in a way that it's not a total stomp.
The problem so far with fights in DB is that they departed from the concept of being close, edge-of-your-seat, "skills and technique and quick thinking" types of matches and veered toward who has the higher power level, which is why we get so much wank about power scaling and how so-and-so shouldn't have beaten this other character just because they beat X and Y who's stronger (brutely) than so-and-so. Fill in the blank for whoever. Not even Toriyama is about that, he just wants to deliver "entertaining fights" so that's what it should be, first and foremost. Not "this guy we thought was super strong got oneshotted, it's up to Goku to get super stronger so he could oneshot that other guy".

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
well to be fair the writers explained that goku was suppressing himself in ssb to spar with krillin gohan and 17, he can use any amount of ki output he likes.They stated that 17 is around or above post buu saga ssj3 goku.I do agree though the scaling is terribly done, i mean base god ki vegeta tanked attacks from ssj3 gotenks, but krillin made base goku go ssj.Then again they have regular ki and god ki so there is that.Mystic gohan is just under the level of god ki base goku now from what they said.

I just can't wait to see what happens with frieza after the tournament, be great to see vegeta wiping him out and finally getting revenge for his planet and father.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
If there's anything about the power scaling I can appreciate it's that they look like they're at least trying to keep it from turning 100% into the "Goku and Vegeta Show" which was the issue with Z. "Only the Saiyans are useful in this fight" would end up as "Goku saves the day. Again." except for Cell, which is "Only a Saiyan is useful in this fight".

Frieza is only good for 24 hours. If he hadn't trained himself not to expend energy in his LA Lakers-- I mean Golden Form, the problem of him "overstaying his welcome" could solve itself the same way SSJ3 Goku and SSB Vegetto did. But this is good too. Vegeta's been owed a clean victory over Frieza since Resurrection F, movie AND Super version.

What I'm waiting for aside from that is him being beaten at his own game by Frost. Frost's introduction is him lying right to Frieza's face (somewhat):

"You like to rule with power too, don't you?"
"Yes, absolutely."

Frost doesn't rule through power, he rules through deception. He convinced everyone that he was great and he had very good publicity in his universe until he was outed as a criminal, aside from that, he succeeded where Frieza failed. He was Emperor of his universe and made everyone enjoy it instead of wanting to kill him, evidenced by the fact that he's the one of the pair that's even still alive. So if anyone should double-cross Frieza, Frost is the most likely do it and survive it.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ya frost has his own agenda , be hilarious if he poisoned frieza or even through watching him learned to get his own golden form.

I agree too it is nice to see the z fighters actually fighting

Especially piccolo, he is an amazing fighter and he should be utilised more.

I reckon if he spent 3 years in the htc he would come out crazy strong.

Wanna see him and 17 have a rematch

Dark Drakan

Admin
Is anyone keeping up with the universal tournament arc in super?

It has been great so far and vegeta and goku are kicking ass already from the get go

Been really liking it so far & im sure there are many twists and turns on the way. Great idea to have a tournament where technique & strategy can win over sheer power to bring some balance to preceedings & involve "lesser" characters to greater degree.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So in case anyone has not seen the latest episode DB Super, please ignore my post.

So Kuririn used his stinky shoe to defeat a fighter in the Tournament. Besides the reference to Bacteriana from the 21st Tournament, some fans were actually bothered that Kuririn used such a goofy tactic to win.

1st: It is a reference to Kuririn beating Bacteriana.

2nd: Toriyama always throws dirty/ew humor into his work. It's what Dragon Ball built itself on for God's sake!

3rd: It is actually smart fighting. Fans complain about how everybody wins by turning into Super Saiyan (enter number here) yet when Dragon Ball throws a bone at them the fans complain. Foolishness I say!

Kuririn may have been knocked out of the ring, but when he wins it is always memorable.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I dont understand that complaint. The episode legitimately begins with the characters taking more than a few minutes to process a whole universe getting erased. Fans are taking issue with Krillin doing whatever it takes to win? It doesn't -- shouldn't-- matter how goofy a win looks when one of the Trio de Dangers intended on winning by breathing into his hands and it was being treated as a legit move for some reason, and Magetta "overcoming his weakness" is a simple "have somebody else cover his ears".

As for the rest of the episode, it was nice to have the Androids remember that they can outlast most of their opponents on the battlefield. Krillin and 18 working together was the best part of the episode, and second-best is characters finally acknowledging that Goku is the reason their universes still have a chance to win and not be erased. Now the fans can quit whining and calling Goku "evil".

Last edited:
Top Bottom