• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A child of many names...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railazel

Actually, DINO means "Dante in name only".
The title of the game says Devil May Cry, so it is a Devil May Cry game, just not a continuation of the original series. We are currently on a Devil May Cry forum which has its own section for discussing this game, so that should be proof enough to you that this is indeed a Devil May Cry game.

I know what it mens, I'm just using it to refer to the title as well because... well... its not a Devil May Cry game. That's like taking Shadow The Hedgehog and replacing Shadow's name with Sonic.

ZeroLove

I know what it mens, I'm just using it to refer to the title as well because... well... its not a Devil May Cry game. That's like taking Shadow The Hedgehog and replacing Shadow's name with Sonic.

The game is called DmC: Devil May Cry, so it is a Devil May Cry game, just not of the original series. Why deny it?

ImPoSsSibLe to CaTcH

This is exactly what I mean.
I see.... well if i was new to DMC or not so attached to it and it's main character i was probably gonna laugh too but im not new and im laughing at them..... i actually stand by every single one of them. I was laughing simply because the names Agony&Irony sound so good and fit very well for this title in my opinion.

ZeroLove

I see.... well if i was new to DMC or not so attached to it and it's main character i was probably gonna laugh too but im not new and im laughing at them..... i actually stand by every single one of them. I was laughing simply because the names Agony&Irony sound so good and fit very well for this title in my opinion.

Would you like it if I started giving you a childish nickname which befitted my opinion of you?

Railazel

The game is called DmC: Devil May Cry, so it is a Devil May Cry game, just not of the original series. Why deny it?

Because you can put a name on anything, that doesn't make it what it is. What if there was another Railazel in this forum, would it make that Railazel related to me in anyway? No, we just have the same name. Same thing here, it's named "Devil May Cry," but its not a Devil May Cry game. You can say that it is all you want, but take all of the similarities and differences it has to the original series and the differences will far outweigh the similarities.

ZeroLove

Because you can put a name on anything, that doesn't make it what it is. What if there was another Railazel in this forum, would it make that Railazel related to me in anyway? No, we just have the same name. Same thing here, it's named "Devil May Cry," but its not a Devil May Cry game. You can say that it is all you want, but take all of the similarities and differences it has to the original series and the differences will far outweigh the similarities.

No, it's not the same thing, as the two are related. Maybe not directly through storyplot, but it is a franchise Capcom wants rebooted and gave Ninja Theory the opportunity to do so along with them. It's a new game based on the same concepts and gameplay, the link connecting them being Capcom.

I'm sorry, but to me it just looks like you don't want to see the connection and would rather live in denial. If that's what you want, then that is your choice, but to state your personal issue with it as facts is incorrect and misleading. It makes you unreliable and untrustworthy as a source of information.

We're just talking about a VG here. But if you think it's worth it go ahead im not stopping you.

I'm not going to, of course, as I would like to stay away from such childish manners and I don't really have a problem with you, but I would like to point out that it might just be a videogame we're discussing here, however, the act itself of making such bad nicknames is still childish no matter what topic we're talking about, if it is a person or whatever it may be.

Meg

I'm not going to, of course, as I would like to stay away from such childish manners and I don't really have a problem with you, but I would like to point out that it might just be a videogame we're discussing here, however, the act itself of making such bad nicknames is still childish no matter what topic we're talking about, if it is a person or whatever it may be.
You know what is childish? Getting annoyed by nicknames. Seriously who cares? It's a nickname. I reallly don't see where the problem is.

I think some people are way to sensitive...

ZeroLove

You know what is childish? Getting annoyed by nicknames. Seriously who cares? It's a nickname. I reallly don't see where the problem is.

I think some people are way to sensitive...

True, some people are being way too sensitive. Like those fans who rage over the new Devil May Cry game.

Meg

True, some people are being way too sensitive. Like those fans who rage over the new Devil May Cry game.
Cute.

I think people should stop pointing fingers and others and start paying more attention to themselves. Juuuuuuust saying. ;)

Meg

That is spelled Sweetie. If you are going to give me a nickname at least spell it right.

OT: I vote we all call DMC Dante "Sexy Pancake" and DmC Dante "Gross Pancake." Since people want a way to clarify which one they are talking about.

ZeroLove

That is spelled Sweetie. If you are going to give me a nickname at least spell it right.

OT: I vote we all call DMC Dante "Sexy Pancake" and DmC Dante "Gross Pancake." Since people want a way to clarify which one they are talking about.

Good comeback, sweety. ;)

I do like pancakes, but I'm not going to vote for it though.

ImPoSsSibLe to CaTcH

Good idea but i think calling Dante sexy will sound a little to weird for me even though he's just a VG character. Awesome and gruesome sounds more appropriateto me.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
I love how Zwei said he didn't want to start a flame war...OOOHHHH WELL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom