• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A child of many names...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

Okay, this thread is basically going to be about the many names people call this new Dante.
I have seen him been called Dino "Dante in name only" and Donte which derives from the word "don't" to show he isn't the original Dante. I can understand people giving him a sort of nickname in order to differentiate him from the original Dante, but I also find the nicknames very childish, usually because they are made by the angry fans who like to talk bad about the new Dante and the new Devil May Cry and usually in that context as well.

Personally, I just call them new Dante and original Dante, because that is basically what they are. Some say DmC Dante and DMC Dante which also clearly shows who is who. So why do others refuse to be immature and use terms like these instead of making up those childish nicknames?

Please try and keep the discussion civilized, I don't wish to start a flame war or anything like it, just a nice and healthy discussion. Thank you. :)
Yeah...I know your intentions are good, but calling people immature and childish right off the bat is setting yourself up for a conflict you didn't mean to start. Just putting that out there...

Anyway! ^^ I used "Dino" for a time because I thought it was clever. Fans that use the nicknames in a playful way like I did is fine. I mean they aren't hurting anyone. Fans that use it to be idiots are well.....idiots. Either way I don't see what the problem is. They aren't hurting anyone. If someone wants to use nicknames then let them. What's it to you?

I find that people are just way to sensitive about this whole thing. It's a game. If someone is doing something you don't like then turn away from them. Don't yell at them, insult them, or laugh at them. Just turn away. It's really not that hard and I don't see why people are STILL up in arms about a video game.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I am not asking you to tell me the identity or the user who said what. I am telling you to direct me to these quotes so that i can see for myself. All that you have done is give me a naked quote. I observed on Ninja theory forum a user said this:
"Tameem don't worry about them haters. If they try to touch you we will kill them."
No, that quote above is a lie. I just made it up to show you that anyone can make a quote. Because there must be a source for this quote. So tell me how i can trackdown those quotes that you shared with me. What page on a facebook wall, where to look etc.

I guess i should stop expecting you to understand why i brought up Irak rumour. Fine i will leave it :)
Now can you guide me to the source of those quotes?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
eh i am gonna keep calling him DINO
Troll-face.png
(not trying to be a troll but it was the perfect chanse to use the face
1)"]
Fans want 60fps-to do that they'd have to remove limbo(moving,changing & living world) which is a major story & gameplay element. that is just plain obnoxious IMO).
actually the Limbo is basically the same prerendered terrain in the 4th (because of the devil bringer sequences) game only it is moving back ground\
aka a stupid gimmick

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
............................................................ I just facepalmed

You know I have to agree with Zwei with this nicknames ordeal. Calling him "Dino" or "Donte" is down right stupid in my opinion. We know absoutly nothing about the character save for his half demon/half angel heritage, and of course his weapons. Wait until the game comes out, play as new Dante and get to know what the character is like, THEN you can give him whatever nicknames you want. -_-

ReRave

smug jerk
You gave me link to DmC facebook page. Do you know what word "guide" means?
I told you to direct me to the quotes. Is that so hard?
It is literally impossible, because I can't point them out on a page that constantly changes and were you can't pick out specific comments to read only them. Anyone on facebook can tell you that.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
It is literally impossible, because I can't point them out on a page that constantly changes and were you can't pick out specific comments to read only them. Anyone on facebook can tell you that.
It shouldn't take to long for you to find them. So should i wait?

ReRave

smug jerk
It shouldn't take to long for you to find them. So should i wait?
Ok, and how will I do that? You can't point out single comments on facebook. I repeat: You CAN NOT single out a specific comment on that facebook page. It shouldn't take YOU long to find one, anyways, seeing how that place consists of insults and threats.
Why do I even do that? Everyone knows those threats are over there.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Ok, and how will I do that? You can't point out single comments on facebook. I repeat: You CAN NOT single out a specific comment on that facebook page. It shouldn't take YOU long to find one, anyways, seeing how that place consists of insults and threats.
Why do I even do that? Everyone knows those threats are over there.

Don't know why you have to go and look even thought CoolDemon seems more than capable to do it himself....

ZeroLove

CoolDemon, you saying I have said things I have never said just makes you a straight up liar. Please, provide me with the exact quotes where I have said those things instead of just making them up, thank you.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
For real, if there IS going to be an insult, a further discussion of this, or anything relatable prepare for warns all of you. And of course forget the thread.

Zwei if you have some issue with CD, take it with PMs. And ONLY with PMs.

And ToCool, your last post was really unecessary and I hope not many like that will appear again.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I am not gonna go on a hunt for death threats. It's you who is trying to prove that there are death threats on facebook, so that's your job not mine. Besides my main point was and will still be the death threats that Ninja theory has received - is it blown out of proportions or are they really death threats?

Only one way to know: after DmC release hopefully they will share with us these death threats.

TAMEEM "I'm very curious about these death threats in comic book form and anti-DMC death metal songs. Ninja Theory should bundle them with a Collector's Edition or something."
Does Tameem say in that quote that they should add the death threats as part of DmC collector's Edition? As in if you buy the Collector's edition you will get to see the death threats?

ReRave

smug jerk
I am not gonna go on a hunt for death threats. Assuming there aren't any is so much easier after all, than just read a goddamn facebook-page, right? Way to stand behind your points.

It's you who is trying to prove that there are death threats on facebook, so that's your job not mine.
Ok, it's you who wants to have fun, so you should be developing DmC, not NT or Capcom, or anyone else who knows how to program.

Besides my main point was and will still be the death threats that Ninja theory has received - is it blown out of proportions or are they really death threats?
Oh, you mean: did they take the harmless death threats and did they make bad death threats out of it?

Death threats have been made.Death threats have been made.Death threats have been made.Death threats have been made.Death threats have been made.Death threats have been made.Death threats have been made.Death threats have been made.Death threats have been made.Death threats have been made.Death threats have been made.Death threats have been made.Death threats have been made.Death threats have been made.

I can't make this any more clear.

Only one way to know: after DmC release hopefully they will share with us these death threats.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
images

really maybe your past arguements weren't cool demon , Rerave but
reapeating "death threats have been made " won't do anything atleast keep your arguments via pm rather than in threads ok guys

ReRave

smug jerk
images

really maybe your past arguements weren't cool demon , Rerave but
reapeating "death threats have been made " won't do anything atleast keep your arguments via pm rather than in threads ok guys
Seriously, how many of those do you have, dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom