• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A child of many names...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I would have read through the facebook but there is more than 4 sources of comments. And i am asked to read through these "pages" since there is so easily death threats laying around in them. It's so easy that the person saying there are death threats there can't bother to find them for me. No direction on where you read those threats other than "DmC facebook", and i am not the one who should show these death threats, it's you. Your claiming this, so why not back it up? It's you who's not standing behind your points.

Since you have problem understanding i will explain it: I mean that they have received anti DmC stuff, and then called it for death threats.

You haven't seen the death threats Ninja theory has received You haven't seen the death threats Ninja theory has received You haven't seen the death threats Ninja theory has received You haven't seen the death threats Ninja theory has received You haven't seen the death threats Ninja theory has received You haven't seen the death threats Ninja theory has received You haven't seen the death threats Ninja theory has received You haven't seen the death threats Ninja theory has received You haven't seen the death threats Ninja theory has received You haven't seen the death threats Ninja theory has received

I can't seem to get you to understand that. I guess you must seen them in a vision. Are you a RPG elf by any chance?

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
@Mrrandomlulz
Gimmick,l.o. F**king.l
1)are you a game developer/programmer? I seriously doubt that.
2) It's not "BASICALLY THE SAME AS THE NERO SEQUENCE" for many obvious reasons than one.
3)it's a story element that is more than just A scene.

ReRave

smug jerk
Again, I can't point them out because facebook doesn't have that function. How can you still not get that? I explained it like three times already!

Please just stop this bullshit, your deliberate ignoring everything I throw at you is incredibly annoying.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
i feel i have to post this again
images

I am sorry but this is getting out of hand keep it in pm

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Again, I can't point them out because facebook doesn't have that function. How can you still not get that? I explained it like three times already!

Please just stop this bullshit, your deliberate ignoring everything I throw at you is incredibly annoying.
Ok, let me know when you find a way to point them out. But don't expect me to go around looking for death threats.

You're causing mess in this forum......
Everywhere I look I see.....blah blah Tameem this Tameem that......death threat this death threat that........Nt this NT that.....
Can't you two (three I don't know how many of you are there who debate mindlessly over and over) just let it go.
PM PM PM PM, or you are just drama queens or attention whores.
I always have to scroll thousands of pages just to get to the point of the thread.

On topic:
I have an issue with Donte and Dino.
No nicknames are needed, they can be separated without silly nicknames that sound like spelling mistakes or dinosaurs :rolleyes:

Ana

I wish people would stick to just one. Is it Dino or Donte? Or something else? I want consistency!

Also, didn't DMC2 Dante have a nickname too? Duntee or something?

Railazel

May I state, as not to downgrade the topic as a whole, that the intial subject is kind of pointless. I'm confused on how hard it is to understand that, whether it be immature or not, it is within the rights of fans to give characters nicknames for whatever purpose they wish. Personally, I don't mind the nicknames because the fans who make them up are right in their purpose in doing so and that it is to distinguish the two Dantes with the new one being inferior to the old. Its okay because most of us share the same opinion and I haven't seen any reason to regard the two as equals.

Personally, it pains me that the new game is even called "Devil May Cry" simply because its not a Devil May Cry game. To call it a DMC game when it bears no canonical value to the originals whatsoever. So, to me, DmC as a whole is just a big giant DINO.

mrrandomlulz

@Mrrandomlulz
Gimmick,l.o. F**king.l
1)are you a game developer/programmer? I seriously doubt that.
2) It's not "BASICALLY THE SAME AS THE NERO SEQUENCE" for many obvious reasons than one.
3)it's a story element that is more than just A scene.
you don't get it
I am goin to say this as calm and respectfully as I can
notice in the escape trailer how the citymoving but has no effect on combat or anything because it is in the background that thus makes it more of a graphical effect rather than gameplay element
as for the Nero sequence I meant the fact that it was the same grappling sequence
as for story I have no doubt it will be good For story matters

ZeroLove

Devil May Cry
In
Name
Only

Actually, DINO means "Dante in name only".
The title of the game says Devil May Cry, so it is a Devil May Cry game, just not a continuation of the original series. We are currently on a Devil May Cry forum which has its own section for discussing this game, so that should be proof enough to you that this is indeed a Devil May Cry game.

Ana

Actually, DINO means "Dante in name only".
The title of the game says Devil May Cry, so it is a Devil May Cry game, just not a continuation of the original series. We are currently on a Devil May Cry forum which has its own section for discussing this game, so that should be proof enough to you that this is indeed a Devil May Cry game.

It's Devil may Cry. DmC.

:)) *just joking*)

Reactions: Meg

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
For one, I just call him DmC Dante, NT Dante, or DINO (because that's a cool sounding name anyways).

Another thing: is it just me, or has the internet been more vocal about this whole "death threat" thing than NT has? Tameem mentioned it once in a single interview near the end and everyone jumps on the news as if it's never happened to anyone and NT is somehow trying to make a single death threat claim look like good PR. How can that even resemble good press?

Anyway, threats happen. That's because stupidity happens. Comments on video games' facebook or youtube pages will show you that not every video game fan (no matter what the genre) is a rational, logic-minded person. And every fandom has its dummies. Who's to say something resembling a death threat was never, ever sent to NT regarding this game, especially given the outrage during the 2010 Tokyo Game Show?
But again. It happens all the time. Fans are really making a huge deal out of this claim, though.

Back to the topic at hand.
I guess Tony's another good name for this new Dante. I think before the promotional artwork was confirmed to be for a DMC game, pictures of Dante on NT's forums were titled tonyredgrave or tony. Or something like that..

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
you don't get it
I am goin to say this as calm and respectfully as I can
notice in the escape trailer how the citymoving but has no effect on combat or anything because it is in the background that thus makes it more of a graphical effect rather than gameplay element
as for the Nero sequence I meant the fact that it was the same grappling sequence
as for story I have no doubt it will be good For story matters
It think you are the one who doesn't get it.
1)Graphical Effect. What makes you so sure that if you linger around on some "PARTICULAR" spots too long,dante won't get crushed/fall into a pit coz throughout that trailer he was in constant motion.
2)Hope you know that
-Platforming
-Transversal
-Puzzle-Solving
Are gameplay elements besides Combat. Good!!!
How does limbo affect DmC's gameplay. Look at this:
Why is dante jumping across gaps?
Ans: limbo
Why is he grappling and swinging across,pits?
Ans:limbo
Why is he air dashing through long gaps in the road?
Ans:limbo.
Combat-Aspect
Tameem said there would be battles with no floor to stand on making the combat for those kinda battles "AERIAL".
Why is the combat for that place gonna be aerial only?
Ans: limbo.
Why are enemies coming from the ground to attack and intiate "COMBAT".
It(limbo) is going to include "MORE" transversal,"MORE" platforming and "MEANINGFUL" light puzzle solving e.t.c. Into the dmc series.
EDIT: Notice the capitalized words in quotes?...... Good!!!

mrrandomlulz

Ok i
It think you are the one who doesn't get it.
1)Graphical Effect. What makes you so sure that if you linger around on some "PARTICULAR" spots too long,dante won't get crushed/fall into a pit coz throughout that trailer he was in constant motion.
2)Hope you know that
-Platforming
-Transversal
-Puzzle-Solving
Are gameplay elements besides Combat. Good!!!
How does limbo affect DmC's gameplay. Look at this:
Why is dante jumping across gaps?
Why is he grappling and swinging across,pits?
Ans:limbo
Why is he air dashing through long gaps in the road?
Ans:limbo.
Combat-Aspect
Tameem said there would be battles with no floor to stand on making the combat for those kinda battles "AERIAL".
Why is the combat for that place gonna be aerial only?
Ans: limbo.
Why are enemies coming from the ground to attack and intiate "COMBAT".
It(limbo) is going to include "MORE" transversal,"MORE" platforming and "MEANINGFUL" light puzzle solving e.t.c. Into the dmc series.
EDIT: Notice the capitalized words in quotes?...... Good!!!
guess you have a point
but if you look limbo city sorta resembles dmc4 city

ImPoSsSibLe to CaTcH

Here's the names that i choose to use:
first the name of the game - D*C
the character - Donte or Tamte
his sword - Robollion
his guns Agony&Irony.... LOL my brother told me this one yesterday i just couldn't stop laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom