• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

7 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

machindix

My guess is that they might put Dante in as an unlockable character along with his side of the story. Sort of like what they did with Ada in RE4...

Common enemy is highly possible, but I'm hoping otherwise because that's a bit of a cliche...

Crimson Lucy

machindix;5498 said:
Hey, chill out guys it's only a video game, and it's not even out yet!! Everyone's free to express their opinions about it. I mean, Dante's been with us all along the series, we love the guy, but now he's being replaced by someone else. It came as sudden, so it's no big deal if some of us are having doubts about the new leading man.

Let's just stop here, ok?

Dont play peacemaker, I'm perfectly able to have a difference of opinion and be tasteful about it.

Unpredictability makes a series good. I'm glad Dante moves out the way for a minute.

Name ONE last generation game franchise that has remained immaculate through 3 sequels and used the same character every game.

machindix

Crimson Lucy;5505 said:
Dont play peacemaker, I'm perfectly able to have a difference of opinion and be tasteful about it.[/u]

Well, no one says you can't. So the least you can do is to have a little repect for others.

End of converstion.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
machindix;5502 said:
My guess is that they might put Dante in as an unlockable character along with his side of the story. Sort of like what they did with Ada in RE4...

Common enemy is highly possible, but I'm hoping otherwise because that's a bit of a cliche...

hhhmmmm...................Ada wouldnt fit too good..................but the beastes of RE4 in DMC would be crazy

Crimson Lucy

machindix;5521 said:
Well, no one says you can't. So the least you can do is to have a little repect for others.

End of converstion.

When i said tasteful i surely meant respectful at the same time.

Dont play that new member game with me kiddo.

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster
(see my thread about what ign had to say the day before this was released)

From what I can tell Nero is the main character and Dante wil be unlockable but what I really want to know is what is Nero's relation to Dante? He looks SO much like a younger Dante it's gotta be more than coicedence. My opinion? I think he's either a younger illagitament brother or Dantes son.

machindix

Captain Liberty;5545 said:

From what I can tell Nero is the main character and Dante wil be unlockable but what I really want to know is what is Nero's relation to Dante? He looks SO much like a younger Dante it's gotta be more than coicedence. My opinion? I think he's either a younger illagitament brother or Dantes son.

Could be a younger illagitament brother, or even a nephew maybe. Sparda's been around for 2000 years... you'll never know. But I think Nero looks too young to be Dante's son. I heard Dante was 32 in DMC2, and DMC4 is supposed to be set before that. Nero looks like he's in his late teens... I wouldn't want to believe that Dante sired a child at the age of 16 or something, but still, it's hard to say.

Then again... maybe all half demons have silver hair.

Crimson Lucy

Captain Liberty;5545 said:

From what I can tell Nero is the main character and Dante wil be unlockable

I doubt Dante would be an unlockable extra in the main game and they already have in-game screens of him. Thats a major spoiler.

He's selectable during the first play through im willing to bet.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
At first i was pretty sure that Vergil is Nero....but now i'm confused....he wears blue coat,looks like Dante,has white hair,his moves seem similiar to Dante's and he can kick ass....I was so sure...but he weilds guns & looks younger(thay's what everybody says)...And why "NERO"?Capcom could have given him a different name to a new character,why did they have to name him nero?Just add "angelo" & it has a new meaning...if he's not vergil i think they should have given him a new name.

vergil130

vergil freak!!!
my guess is that nero is a triplet that they dont no about[dante &vergil]but i doubt it..it is possible tho

Vergil Sparda

A son of Sparda
When I first saw neros name I thought "nero angelo....nelo angelo" and he looks alot like Dante,so He might be another relative of the Sparda family which Vergil and Dante knew nothing about.

Cause what if Eva was still alive and had another child,Dante and Verg wouldnt know because they were told to run,(I cant remember who told Dante his mother died right now)And everything Dante knew about his mother was a lie that mundus told someone to deliver.

But hey...Nero could be another one of dantes rivals or many partners for a game,I dunno but my bets are on Nero wanting something Dante has or that weird gauntlet arm thing is because of somthing the Spardas have done.

(edit)OH yeeeah,Some screens from the game

ScreenShotsViewer.aspx

Hit next to see next screen.

Vergil_Sparda

dattebayo!
When I first saw neros name I thought "nero angelo....nelo angelo"
I thought the same too because I read somewhere that Nelo Angelo was a mistranslation of Nero Angelo. I think that was the word anyways.

Crimson Lucy;5532 said:
When i said tasteful i surely meant respectful at the same time.

Dont play that new member game with me kiddo.

Calling someone's opinion silly because they didn't agree with yours isn't exactly tasteful. Maybe if you were a 13 year old yes. If I had said 'OMG I'm going to LOVE this game!!' you would of said nothing.

But like someone else said it's end of discussion.

Crimson Lucy

No, when you voice your opinion be ready for me to voice mine in defense.

Tastefully, as in I disagreed with you but I didnt resort to name calling and rude insults. So stop crying. Because I can get alot nastier.

If you already "arent sure" about Nero and you have ABSOLUTELY nothing to go by, thats foolishness. Whats the WORSE that could happen, he has a gun and a sword JUST LIKE Dante.

Now THAT is the final to this discussion.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Nero could be a new character.....................and Vergil is Nelo Angelo
that Nero its a little odd character for me o_O

Chrysander

What Vergil_Sparda said was that they weren't sure if they would enjoy playing Nero or not, which means they haven't reached a conclusion, because, like Lucy said, there is very little to go on. I don't think there is even a disagreement, so I don't get why Lucy would want to say what Vergil_Sparda said was 'silly'. It's like me saying 'I'm not sure what weapons Nero will have'. That's a fact, similarly, I don't know if I will enjoy playing Nero. Another way to phrase what Vergil_Sparda said could be: "Regardless of what it's like to play Nero, I think he is cute"... I don't see what the big deal is.

Crimson Lucy

Chrysander;5635 said:
What Vergil_Sparda said was that they weren't sure if they would enjoy playing Nero or not, which means they haven't reached a conclusion, because, like Lucy said, there is very little to go on. I don't think there is even a disagreement, so I don't get why Lucy would want to say what Vergil_Sparda said was 'silly'. It's like me saying 'I'm not sure what weapons Nero will have'. That's a fact, similarly, I don't know if I will enjoy playing Nero. Another way to phrase what Vergil_Sparda said could be: "Regardless of what it's like to play Nero, I think he is cute"... I don't see what the big deal is.

I love how you phrase it as if I cant clearly see the screen in front of me.

"I think Devil May Cry 4 may suck!! But I only THINK this .. i dont KNOW."

Sounds silly right? Same concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom