• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

7 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysander

Vergil_Sparda;5478 said:
I'm not sure if I'm going to like playing as Nero but I have to admit he is a cute character. The music they have already have sounds great. It's very gothic like.

it says they're not sure, meaning they haven't formed an opinion. They were saying that even if they don't like playing him, he is cute. They're not sure one way or the other if they will like Nero, they don't have an opinion on that yet. I'd have seen reason to disagree if they'd said 'I am sure I won't like playing Nero'...

Crimson Lucy

Chrysander;5643 said:
it says they're not sure, meaning they haven't formed an opinion. They were saying that even if they don't like playing him, he is cute. They're not sure one way or the other if they will like Nero, they don't have an opinion on that yet. I'd have seen reason to disagree if they'd said 'I am sure I won't like playing Nero'...

lol . .stop wasting your time. your justification for an irrational and illogical statement has grown tired.

Chrysander

Crimson Lucy;5648 said:
lol . .stop wasting your time. your justification for an irrational and illogical statement has grown tired.

What was illogical about what they said? They said they're not sure if they will like playing as Nero; as of now they don't have enough information to tell if they will like playing as Nero or not. They haven't said 'I doubt I'll like it' or 'I imagine I won't like it'. They haven't said one way or the other...

Vergil Sparda

A son of Sparda
Im back with more info!

Ive serched for more info on diffrent sites and the results and rumors ive found were very interesting.

First off,ive read that Nero could be Vergil Brain washed,do to the fact that Nero looks much like Dante and the one of the screens Ive posted before shows nero with a ghostly image behind him which kinda looks like Nelo Angelo.Also,neros sword the"red queen" seems to be held and used the same way Verg uses the yamoto.

and if thats not coolz,check this out,Nero has the "Devil's Right Hand." Vergil was considered Mundus' (the Devil) Right Hand Man which may mean Vergil makes a big come back as nero.

Second,is that Dante may be an enemy,Which means that Nero might have his own story and fight blade to blade with Dante(Capcoms way of saying"were sorry for not letting you fight Dante as Vergil).

Last but not least *drum roll*....Info!!!(interview...I think...cant remember.)

Who are the producer and director?

Producer: Hiroyuki Kobayashi
Director: Hideaki Itsuno

Kobayashi also produced DMC1.
Itsuno directed both DMC2 and DMC3.

When is the release date?

Kobayashi stated that they are aiming for an early 2007 release.

Will this turn out to be like DMC2?

Nope. Itsuno stated that it will be a powered up DMC3. For all those DMC3 fans out there, you have nothing to worry about.

Powered up DMC3? What does that mean?

Well for starters it means (according to Itsuno and Kobayashi) that they will be taking the things that made DMC3 great and expanding on them to make them even better.

Will the Style System return?

That is unknown at this point. Though, if it's one of the things that they think made DMC3 great, chances are a superior Style System will be implemented.

Anything new about the gameplay this time around?

A few things have been mentioned on this matter. They are expanding on the aerial combat aspect of the game. We can only speculate on what this means but my best guess would be that they're trying to make beating the hell out of your enemies just as stylish as beating the hell out of them on the ground. Kobayashi also mentioned that he wants the gameplay mechanics to be a bit easier and more inviting to gamers new to the series. Again, we don't know what he meant by this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Crazy Combos of DMC3 will be much easier to perform in DMC4. I think it all goes hand in hand with the "Powered up DMC3" quote.

So what can we expect from the enemy department?

According to Itsuno they are trying to implement more enemies into this game compared to other DMC games. He also went on to say that there will be more bosses as well. That is all that is known at this time.

What about the weapons? Anything new there?

Yup. Details aren't known, but Itsuno has stated that there will be more weapons this time around. So if 5 devil arms and 5 firearms weren't enough for you in DMC3 you'll be happy to know that you'll have more variety to play around with in DMC4.

DMC3 had an actual story with plenty of cutscenes. Are they going to stick with this for the next game?

Apparently, Kobayashi and Itsuno are planning on having much more cutscenes to entertain us with. There are supposed to be more cutscenes in DMC4 than all previous DMC games combined.

Are the cinemas going to be as crazy as they were in DMC3?

Unfortunately that isn't known at the moment.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Come on guys....stop arguing....we all have our opinions & we are free to say them.....this isn't a big deal...

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Vergil Sparda;5656 said:
Im back with more info!

Ive serched for more info on diffrent sites and the results and rumors ive found were very interesting.

Thanks!!!! I do hope he's Vergil.....many people say Dante looks older...but i don't think so..look
D3.jpg
DANTE
N3.jpg
NERO

They look pretty much identical to me

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster
I just had a brain wave on who Nero is. Anyone remember Metal Gear Solid 2? How they brought Snakes dead rival back through his armo_O. Well Nero is similiar to Nelo Angelo, after his arm changes he has a voice telling him to get power (Vergils voice anyone) and would explain why he don't know Dante (check my thread on this section for verirfiction on this point). Also this game is coming between DMC1-DMC2 not after DMC2 (though IGN could be wrong)

I think I still perfer the idea of him being Dantes illegitimate half brother or son, but their so unlikely ideas:(

Chrysander

HummM! Look at Nero's weird hand thing. I just thought, it looks a bit like the armour from Nero Angelo. His was sort of dark with glowing veins through it. But I guess various things looked like that, beowulf, ifrit etc. So probably not something to pay attention to I guess.

Vergil_Sparda

dattebayo!
Chrysander;5635 said:
I don't see what the big deal is.

Exactly. This person is obviously one of those people who think they're badass online. The whole 'I can get alot nastier' is proof of that. Why get nasty with someone you will never meet because someone else said something you didn't like. Even if this Lucy wanted to get 'nasty' I wouldn't give a damn. It's not like I'll ever meet this person. I said it before that if I had said this game was going to be awesome Lucy would of said NOTHING. This person obviously likes to pick on random people then act like what they are doing is mature.

Yeah I did say I wasn't sure if I would like playing as Nero. I said it because Dante was always the hero of the games. Usually when new characters are added as main characters the storyline often ends up getting dragged out. That is why I am a little skeptical. A perfect example of this is the Resident Evil series. But like I said before I didn't say I wouldn't like the game. I didn't like Krauser too much in Resident Evil 4 because I thought he was a useless main character but I still liked the game.

edit: sorry, this is my final word in this argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom